뉴스
by klaritia posted Mar 04, 2014
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

[OSEN=이혜린 기자]씨엔블루가 감성밴드로의 변신에 성공, 그 배경으로 "매너리즘"을 언급해 눈길을 모은다. 적지 않은 고민이 있었음을 시사하는 것.

씨엔블루는 최근 첫 도전한 브릿팝 장르인 '캔트 스톱(Can't stop)'으로, 이 장르로는 이례적으로 각 음원차트 상위권에 안착한 상태. 자칫 위험한 모험일 수도 있었던, 시도를 하게 된 배경에 대해 정용화는 지난해 겪게 된 슬럼프 얘기를 꺼냈다.

그는 최근 OSEN에 "어느 순간부터 지금껏 내가 해오던 스타일의 곡에 얽매여서 늘 같은 느낌의 곡만 나와 정신적으로 고통스러울 때가 있었다"면서 "정확히 말하면 지난해인데, 그 때 생각을 다시 하기 시작했다. 억지로 해오던 것들을 반복하지 말고 지금의 느낌 감정대로 곡을 써보자고"라고 말했다.

이어 "그래서 씨엔블루 그리고 내가 무대에 섰을 때의 그림을 그려보고 곡 작업을 하다 보니 '캔트 스톱'이란 노래가 나왔다. 한 노래 안에 보여줄 수 있는 것이 많은 노래라고 봤다. 콘서트에서는 자주 피아노를 연주했는데, 음악 방송이나 활동 때 피아노를 연주하는 것은 이번이 처음"이라고 말했다.

그러면서 "멋진 공연장에서 '캔트 스톱'을 들려드리고 싶다. 상상만 해도 멋지고 뿌듯하다"고 덧붙였다.

이번 앨범이 씨엔블루의 정체성 및 앞으로 나아갈 길을 보여준다고 했으니, 이같은 소신 행보는 앞으로도 계속될 전망.

정용화는 "내가 음악을 하는 이유 일순위는 음악으로 많은 사람들의 공감대를 만들어내고 그 음악을 듣는 많은 이들의 마음이 행복하게 할 수 있으면 해서다. '저 음악 하니까 제발 알아주세요!'가 아니다. 많은 사람들이 내가 곡을 쓰는 걸 아는 것보다, 많은 사람들이 나의 음악을 듣고 행복해지는 것이 내게도 행복"이라고 말했다.

CNBLUE cites "mannerism" for the background of their successful transformation into a "sentimental band", which is garnering attention. It reflects that there was no small amount of contemplation invested in the process.

With their first challenge in Brit pop genre 'Can't Stop', CNBLUE unusually reached stable high positions on digital charts. On taking this possibly risky challenge, Jung Yonghwa brought up the slump he suffered last year.

Recently he told OSEN, "At a certain moment, it was getting painful for me as I was stuck in the style of music that I'd been making, and I kept writing the songs that felt the same. To be specific, it was last year. That's when I began to think again. Instead of repeating what I've been doing, to compose from what I feel at the moment."

He continued, "As I wrote with the picture of CNBLUE and myself on the stage in mind, it resulted in 'Can't Stop'. I think it's a song that can show a lot within just one song. I often played the piano in concerts, but this is the first time I'm playing the piano during music show broadcasts and promotions."

He added, "I want to have you listen to 'Can't Stop' at a nice venue. It's so fascinating and fulfilling just to imagine it.'

Since this album was meant to show CNBLUE's identity and their prospective path, these steps will continue in the future.

Jung Yonghwa remarked, "The number one reason I make music is so that I can create bonds with many people, so that their hearts are filled with happiness through listening to that music. It’s not to say, 'I’m making music, please recognize it!' Rather than many people knowing the fact I write music, it makes me happier if many people become happy from listening to my music."

Tran by heich

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109797441

Articles

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20