【E】2015.02 CECI

https://justjyh.com/xe/234702 조회 수 3772 추천 수 8 댓글 3
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

CECI's Exclusive Conversation With Jung Yong Hwa

CC: I saw the CNBLUE news and found your overseas schedule very full. How do you feel above flying around the globe busily like that?

YH: When I looked at the fully packed schedule, I felt that the 24-hour-day is very short and wanted it to be longer. (Laughs) Actually I never pay much attention to the schedules. I want to treat the schedules like missions given to me. Whenever I finish one, I have this satisfaction. When the long overseas tours or drama filming finished, I always have this delightful thought, "I succeeded! I've grown!" That's the best feeling ever.

CC: The Three Musketeers was the first period drama you took part in. It must have contributed much to your growth!

YH: Period dramas is a brand new challenge. When I was offered the part, I had the overseas concert tours scheduled already, but I still wanted to try it. The Three Musketeers crew was mainly comprised of crew members of Nine, so the vibe in the sets were particularly great. Everybody took great care of me, and the very professional filming ended happily. It was utmost challenge to my physical strength jugging between filming and overseas concerts, but I actually felt empty when the filming finally ended. I had that "I don't want it to end" feeling for a whole month. Luckily I had concerts to immerse myself into soon enough.

CC: In the weibo chart these days, you are always No.1. And your song was among the Top 50 songs on twitter announced by Mashable (US). The year 2014 must be a fruitful year to you.

YH: 2014 was really a fruitful year. I had interesting jobs, and I've finished things seriously. (Laughs) I mainly interact with fans on Twitter. Then I realized the Chinese fans' needs (who can't access Twitter easily), so I began to use Weibo. When I post selfies, I upload to both Twitter and Weibo. Because I use Chinese on weibo, I always refer to the Chinese dictionary. That's my mandatory Chinese learning time.

CC: You finally release your first solo album this year. Since it's your first, you must have a lot of thoughts!

YH: All newbies have the desire to meet challenges. When I first debuted, I was totally fearless. Now as a member of CNBLUE, I've gained too much. Re-starting from this point going to the basics, the burden is totally different from before.

CC: The burden comes from responsibility?

YH: Right. Now the recordings have all finished, I have this sense of relief. When I was writing the songs, I kept having strange dreams. An example: I was chased by a lion. When I woke up, I was totally shocked to find traces of my eating snacks during the night. I guessed I was asleep but I looked for snacks. Maybe I was so empty in my subconscious. The thing is, I couldn't remember a thing about that. This sense of burden only got relieved when all the work had finished. Finally I could go back to my "easy" sleep mode. (Laughs)

CC: Compared to working with members, working alone should feel different!

YH: When I was with the members, we understood each other with even just a look. I felt relaxed, but had to consider their feelings as well. When I was making music all by myself, I felt freer! With this freedom, I couldn't stop changing things everywhere to the smallest details. I found my satisfaction that way. During the working process, inevitably I became over-sensitive and burdened. Maybe that's why I ate snacks without my knowing, when solving the various problems all alone. (Laughs) But everyone has to be responsible for one's work.

CC: You said you got inspirations for the last album having coffee in the cafes in Hongdae. What about the source of inspiration this time?

YH: I watched a lot of movies. I didn't want to repeat things, but I didn't want to feel forced in the creating process either. Everybody has his/her limitations. It's not an easy thing to find attractive content every time. When I was preparing the album, I saw the obsessiveness of a Blood Type A person in me. No matter I was talking to people, having dinner, or even showering, I had to write them down when good ideas popped up. (Laughs)

CC: You looked like a totally diligent student! Which websites do you visit when you have a break?

YH: I always want to know what songs people are listening to, so I usually browse Billboard and YouTube.

CC: Do you have special hobbies?

YH: I actually feel uncomfortable doing things unrelated to music. I will think: What can I get from this? To others, hobbies can release pressure. But to me, they waste time and increase my pressure instead.

CC: So you are the kind who finish work first and never procrastinate!

YH: Right. That's why a day feels too short to me. Though I try to sleep more if I can, I have lots of work to finish when I'm awake.

CC: What's the most difficult part making this album?

YH: I thought I had to collaborate with other artists if I would ever release a solo album. Through working with others, I found that "first intention" I used to have. I finally realized, since a certain moment, I began looking for a comfortable life. Reality does not allow that. Everybody else were working on improvements in all the details. Why did I even wanted to finish things up simply? Therefore I had a self reflection.

CC: Tell us something about the new album!

YH: The title track is called "One Fine Day". I've used new musical instruments, and I paid particular attention to the mixing. with help from YDH, YGD and Verbal Jint sunbaenims, it contains genres ranging from hip-hop to rock to ballads. I focused more on love songs in the past and I wanted change for this too.

CC: Looking at the new songs you will be releasing, you must be having a great mood!

YH: All the songs are like my own children to me. Compared to other songs, of course my own "children" look most beautiful! (Ceci: 真是十指连心的父母之心啊!Some proverb? Skipped translation) Those ten fingers are all wearing golden rings, especially beautiful! (Laughs)

CC: What praises do you want to hear?

YH: "Each and every song sounds great! It's a well produced album!" I would sleep so well if I could hear such praises. I would be playing with my Maltese puppy in the countryside happily in the dream!

CC: How do you want to live after this?

YH: I'm 27 years old. Time knows no mercy. To avoid feeling remorse in the future, I have to live a full life. Of course I don't mean "fighting" meaninglessly. When I work for a mission, I should enjoy the process as well. I take a nap, wake up and eat. Go to the office to work a bit and then go see a movie. I enjoy a lot of great food. I go shopping to reward myself for working hard too. Sometimes I take a walk by the Han River. After the promotion of this album, I will rest and rest.

CC: Hope you will enjoy the coming Valentine's Day!

YH: When I was in school on Valentine's Day, I would look at the chocolate filling up my desk space and complained, "How can I bring all these home?" I pretended I didn't care to feed my pride. If I had a girlfriend now, I would bring her to a fine dinner with steak and wine for a romantic Valentine's Day! I'm always regretful at times like this.

"Success or failure is not important. Because I'm gathering experience, now is the time I brush up myself. Writing music, acting and singing, the happiness I get from those cannot be found from other things. I'll keep walking this way. There will be this day, when I can be on the top!"

Chinese to English translation by klaritia

Link to official Chinese version of CECI article below:

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM5ODQ4NjM2MQ==&mid=206416296&idx=1&sn=022e9b7b5b5ca9be72bd3fac66930a1f#rd

• cutypots 2015.02.02 18:30
    Thank you so much @Klaritia for such wonderful translations. Now I have an even deeper insight to the genius called Yonghwa.
  • Ira 2015.02.02 18:37
    Thanks so much for this Klaritia!!! ^^
  • jen 2015.02.03 10:05
    Love his words...Glad I'm not idolizing someone shallow...He is so deep and serious from the inside while so charming and cute from the outside...You can never be bored..kekek

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
4306 뉴스 【E】정용화, 외국 연예인 최초 中 공익 캠페인 모델 발탁 Jung Yonghwa Selected as First Foreign Endorser of Chinese Public Campaign 3 2016.06.01 1920 8
4305 예능 [슈퍼맨이돌아왔다 ReturnOftheSuperman] 용화 컷 Yonghwa cut 2016.04.17 10 2016.04.17 3328 8
4304 사진 [직찍 Fan-taken] 김포입국 (마스크 인증?) back to GMP, wearing our mask? 6 file 2015.06.14 2609 8
4303 예능 [아육대 ISAC] 농구시합 용화 골 장면 ISAC Basketball Yonghwa Goal cuts 2015.02.19 3 2015.02.20 3810 8
» 인터뷰 【E】2015.02 CECI 3 2015.02.02 3772 8
4301 인터뷰 2015.02 코스모폴리탄 Cosmopolitan 6 2015.01.20 2854 8
4300 From용화 용화의 손편지 Yonghwa's hand-written letter 2015.01.17 Boice Camp 1 2015.01.18 1803 8
4299 뉴스 【E】엠넷x정용화, 새 리얼리티 온다 Mnet x Jung Yonghwa, a New Reality Show in the Works 17 2015.01.06 3088 8
4298 뉴스 CF 개런티 관련 기사 Modeling rates for commercials 10 2014.11.01 2896 8
4297 사진 [직찍 Fan-taken] 2014.09.21 2014.09.21 1st 팬미팅 Fanmeet Sweet Melody 11 file 2014.09.22 2335 8
4296 From용화 [트윗 Tweet] 제가 찍은 멋진사진!!! A great photo taken by me!!! 16 2014.08.04 3529 8
4295 기타 보이스재팬 매거진 매니저 인터뷰 중 An Excerpt from Boice Japan Magazine's Manager Interview 5 2014.07.04 2760 8
4294 From용화 [Tweet] 강원도 고성현에서 온 박달향이라고 하오. 18 file 2014.07.02 3597 8
4293 기타 김창완의 아침창 소개멘트 Intro narration for This Beautiful Morning 26 2014.06.11 6892 8
4292 기타 [스캔 Scan] TVBS 周刋 No.864 "Best Beautiful Boy Band Jung Yong Hwa X CNBLUE Special" 7 file 2014.05.26 4377 8
4291 From용화 [웨이보 Weibo] 중국팬 여러분! 정말 잊지못할 팬미팅이었습니다. Dear Chinese fans! It was truly an unforgettable fanmeet. 3 file 2014.05.15 3384 8
4290 뉴스 "오늘은 혼자 왔어요" 정용화, 화사한 핑크 벚꽃남 "I came by myself today" Jung Yonghwa, Gorgeous Pink Blossom Guy 3 file 2014.05.15 4610 8
4289 From용화 [웨이보 Weibo] 용화예요~ 상해 잘 도착했습니다. This is Yonghwa~ I've safely arrived in Shanghai. 4 file 2014.05.14 3710 8
4288 뉴스 [리더특집 LeaderSpecial] 지도자상, 아이돌 안에 다 있다 Leader Types in Idols 5 2014.05.10 3876 8
4287 리뷰 아이돌 스타일 어워즈 Best, 내 남자친구가 입어주면 좋겠어 Idol Style Awards, The Look I want for my Boyfriend 4 2014.05.08 4591 8
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 223 Next
/ 223