인터뷰

【한】[결전식신 CUAS] 2017.02.03 U Magazine Interview (Eng Translations)

by anonymous posted Feb 03, 2017
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

화보 Scans: http://justjyh.com/xe/acting/319976

Trans by lovingrj

Note: The interview is written in a very local HK style. I tried to be faithful to the original while making it understandable for Eng readers, so I add quite a lot of explanation myself. All phrases in [ ] are my own explanation, not part of the interview. Feel free to let me know if any mistakes. =)

==================================

The Taste and Voice of Jung Yong Hwa

Every time when "oppa" [Korean male star] visits HK, it'd be a big parade.
But JYH did not set and stand behind a wall (of people).
He's more easy-going than I thought.
His smile can make the room warmer like a thermostat.
Can sunshine boy possibly be an electric heater?
Nope, but at least can be an artificial-intelligent cooking stove - portraying a chef in his new movie Cook Up A Storm.
Seems not enough to be just a beautiful guy in You're Beautiful, now he even become a cool Michelin-starred chef.
And oppa's rival is... Nicholas Tse - the coolest and most "chok" [a HK slang meaning always trying to show a cool face (esp. in front of cameras)] man in the Greater China region.

JYH is very easy-going, and so is the interpreter girl.
The wall of language barrier does exist, but there's no awkward feeling - even though the interpreter is on his left and manager on his right, even though he might not answer each and every question.
This time, YH oppa is so close (physically) yet so far (mentally [referring to the language barrier]). But his smiles can just shorten all distances.

Fried Beef with Green Chinese Onion

First time to star in a Chinese movie. First time to portray a chef. First fime to be on the big screen.
So many "first-time" for YH. "I have no stress, no burden, no nervousness. I just finish my tasks with a learning mentality." It's ok to have nothing, but it's a must to have Nicholas. "I just seek Brother Nic's advice when I have any problems." Though he's not Ting-ting [Nic's sister, also a celebrity], he calls Nic "brother". While the brother treats him delicious food, did he get to try all the dishes appeared in Chef Nic [Nic's famous cooking show]? "It's my honour to have tried the apple pie he made. He made it all by himself! Also ‘fried beef with green Chinese onion‘ - one of the dishes in the movie. Nic cooked it all by himself too. It's SO delicious." YH also tactfully adds that he watched Chef Nic and, of course, heard Jade Butterfly [a famous song of Nic] too.

Posture of A Chef

Judging a hero from wok shovel, since both YH and Nic are Michelin-starred chef in the movie, they have to convince the audience with their cooking skills (plus cool looks). There are quite a lot of cooking battle scenes in the movie, but what YH is eager to tell us is, "When we were filming the scene cooking beef, since the crew had prepared A5-graded Japanese premium beef, I purposedly NG for a few times so that I can keep eating those premium beef." From kimchi flavour to the broad and profound Chinese culinary arts, how did oppa handle it? "Before shooting this movie, I'm only good at making scrambled eggs and fried eggs." He's not Jamie Oliver or Steve Lee [a HK entertainer who hosted a well-acclaimed cooking show recently]. "I have to work extremely hard for preparations. Long before filming starts, I asked the director for a list of cuisines that my role needs to cook in the movie, searched on the web and learned them myself. Even I can't really cook, I have to learn the posture a real chef should have. I spent lots of time practising at home the way chef cuts things." Ever hurt your hands? "Yes I did! Bleeding too." Although the general public only sees his beautiful body and face (and not even knowing he's the main vocalist of Korean famous group CNBLUE), "To act like a real chef, you should have not only chef's posture but also chef's inside - the daily lives of a Michelin-starred chef must be rather clean and tidy, so I have my hair cut short for this role, hoping to look more like a real chef.

With Little Kim Hee Sun

As a world-class chef who's Michelin-starred, Director Yip Wai Man chose Chinese cuisine for him - a romance with Chinese actress Bai Bing.
Knowing it's just acting, the romance makes YH nervous still. "We're lovers in the movie, but I was a bit afraid at first because we speak different languages. I didn't know how to immerse my feelings, and worried if it'd turn out to be very embarrassing. But everything was fine when we were really filming. Sister Bai Bing was taking good care of me. She took the initiative to chat and play with me. The filming went really smooth after we got close and made friends with each other." Bai Bing is nicknamed Little Kim Hee Sun, feeling cordial? "I also think they look alike, the image and the temperament. I got the feeling that they resembled each other at my first sight." But the most memorable scene for YH is not with Little Kim Hee Sun, but on his own. "It has to be the scene that introduces me, which was filmed in Prague. I have to walk out with a momentum of a starred chef. In fact, cooking is not the most difficult task... the real challenge is to cook in an absolutely COOL way."
He's not Brother Nic, after all.

한)

lovingrj님의 광동어->영문번역을 중역했습니다.

한국어 번역: heich_

*역자주: 이 인터뷰는 지극히 홍콩식으로 쓰여있어서, 영어권 독자들이 이해할 수 있도록 역자주를 괄호 [] 안에 넣으셨다고 합니다. []안의 내용은 인터뷰 본문이 아닌 역자주입니다.

정용화의 풍미, 그리고 목소리

'오빠'[한류 남성스타]가 홍콩에 올 때면, 언제나 큰 행렬이 생긴다. 하지만 정용화는 인파의 벽 뒤에 머물지 않았다. 그는 생각보다 편안한 성격이었고, 그의 미소는 마치 난로처럼 방을 훈훈하게 했다. 그렇다면 이 훈남은 난로인가? 그렇진 않지만, 신작 영화 '결전식신'에서 셰프 역을 맡았으니 인공지능 레인지 정도는 되지 않을까? '미남이시네요'의 미남자로는 충분치 않았는지, 이제 그는 멋진 미슐랭 스타 셰프로 돌아왔다. '오빠'의 라이벌은 사정봉. 중화권에서 가장 쿨하고 "chok"[(특히 카메라 앞에서) 언제나 쿨한 모습을 유지하는 홍콩 속어. *한역자주: '시크'와 비슷한듯] 한 남자.

정용화도, 그의 통역사도 아주 편안한 성격이었다. 언어의 장벽이 존재하지만 어색한 느낌은 전혀 없었다. 통역사가 왼쪽, 매니저가 오른쪽에 있고, 모든 질문에 답하지는 않을지라도. 용화 오빠와 물리적으로는 아주 가까이 있지만 정신적으로는 아주 멀기도 한데 [언어장벽을 의미], 그의 미소는 모든 거리감을 단축시킨다. 

청파소고기

처음 출연하는 중국영화, 처음 연기하는 셰프 역, 첫 영화 진출이다. 수많은 '처음'들. "스트레스나 부담, 긴장감은 없었어요. 배우는 자세로 하나씩 임무를 완수했죠." 이러한 것들이 없는 건 괜찮지만, 사정봉은 곁에 있어야 했다. "문제가 생기면 그냥 정봉 형을 찾았어요." 그가 사정정[사정봉의 동생이자 연예인]은 아니지만, 그는 닉을 '형'이라 부른다. '형'이 맛있는 음식을 대접했다는데, 십이도봉미[*사정봉이 진행하는 요리예능]에 나온 모든 요리들을 맛보았는지 궁금했다. "정봉 형이 만든 애플파이를 맛볼 수 있어서 영광이었어요. 전부 직접 만드신 거예요! 영화에 나오는 '청파소고기'도 맛있었어요. 이것도 정봉 형이 다 직접 만드신 거구요. 진짜 맛있었어요." 용화는 재치있게 십이도봉미도 보았고, 당연히 '玉蝴蝶(옥 나비, 사정봉의 히트곡)'도 들어봤다고 덧붙였다.

셰프의 자세

영웅은 웍주걱으로 알아본다고, 영화에서 미슐랭 스타 셰프를 연기하는 용화와 정봉은 관객들에게 자신들의 요리실력을 설득력있게 표현해야 했다 (물론, 멋진 모습도). 영화를 위해 요리대결 장면을 여러 번 찍었는데, 소고기를 익히는 씬을 촬영하다가 최고급 A5 와규가 준비되어 있어서 몇 차례 NG를 내고 계속 먹은 적도 있다고. 김치의 풍미로부터 넓고도 깊은 중국요리의 세계로, '오빠'는 어떻게 건너왔을까? "이번 영화를 촬영하기 전에는 스크램블 에그나 프라이밖에 만들 줄 몰랐어요." 제이미 올리버나 스티브 리[최근 유명한 요리쇼를 진행한 홍콩 연예인]는 아닌가 보다. "준비를 굉장히 열심히 했어요. 촬영이 시작되기 한참 전부터 감독님에게 제 캐릭터가 만들어야 하는 요리들을 미리 받았고, 인터넷에서 레시피를 찾아서 직접 배웠어요. 제가 진짜로 요리를 잘 하지는 못하지만, 진짜 셰프가 가져야 할 자세는 배워야 하죠. 집에서 오랜 시간동안 셰프처럼 칼을 쓰는 법을 연습했어요." 손을 다친 적도 있나요? "네, 피도 조금 났구요." 대중들은 그의 아름다운 몸과 얼굴만을 보겠지만 (그가 유명한 한국 그룹 씨엔블루의 메인 보컬이라는 것을 모르더라도), "진짜 셰프를 연기하기 위해서는 셰프의 자세 뿐 아니라 셰프의 내면까지 가져야 해요. 미슐랭 셰프의 일상은 매무새가 깔끔해야 하니, 이 역을 위해 머리도 짧게 자르고 조금 더 진짜 셰프처럼 보이려고 노력했어요"라는 그다.

'리틀 김희선'과 함께

세계적으로 유명한 미슐랭 스타 셰프를 위해 엽위민 감독은 '중화요리'를 택했다. 바로 중국 배우 백빙과의 로맨스. 그저 연기임을 알고 있지만, 로맨스 연기는 아직도 용화를 긴장하게 한다. "영화에서 함께 연인으로 나오는데, 처음에는 다른 언어를 쓰기 때문에 조금 두려웠어요. 제 감정을 어떻게 몰입시켜야 하는지 잘 몰랐고, 굉장히 부끄러운 결과가 나올까봐 걱정했거든요. 하지만 실제로 촬영을 시작하니까 전혀 문제가 없었어요. 백빙 누나가 잘 챙겨주셨고, 먼저 다가와서 저와 이야기도 나누고 놀아주셨죠. 저희가 친해진 뒤에는 촬영이 정말 수월하게 흘러갔어요." 백빙은 '리틀 김희선'이라는 별명이 있는데, 친근하지 않았는지? "제 생각에도 두 분이 닮으신 것 같아요. 이미지나 성격도요. 처음 만났을 때 부터 닮은 것 같다고 생각했거든요." 하지만 가장 기억에 남는 씬은 리틀 김희선과의 장면이 아니라 본인 스스로 찍은 씬이라고. "프라하에서 찍은, 제가 처음 소개되는 장면이요. (미슐랭) 스타 셰프의 아우라를 갖고 걸어나와야 했거든요. 사실 요리하는 것 자체가 가장 어려운 부분은 아니었어요... 정말 멋지게 요리하는 것이 진짜 도전이었죠." 그가 '정봉 형'은 아니니 말이다.

Articles

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22