본문 바로가기
조회 수 348 추천 수 4 댓글 2
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Full review by Valerie Soe: https://beyondasiaphilia.com/2017/02/19/pulling-mussels-from-a-shell-cook-up-a-storm-movie-review/

Yonghwa's part:

"The showdowns between Sky and Paul are likewise quite rapid, with the most effective one taking place in Paul’s gorgeously appointed high-tech restaurant kitchen. Here the characters are allowed to play off of each other a bit more and the scenario has a chance to breathe a bit, unlike some of the rapid-fire sequences that take place elsewhere in the film. It helps that Nic Tse and Yonghwa have a good onscreen rapport, with Yonghwa in particular doing a great job fleshing out his character with a minimum of dialog."

"Yonghwa also acquits himself well in the cooking sequences since he looks like he knows his way around all of the high-tech gear that Paul uses. I especially enjoyed watching Paul create a fancy foie gras dish that illuminated the process as well as the product. At one point Paul adds a bit of sorbet onto the top of a dish and we see him warming the spoon slightly in order to get the frozen scoop to release cleanly, a small detail that nonetheless adds an interesting touch of realism to the proceedings."

"Nic Tse wears the same grimy plaid shirt and greasy bandana through most of the film, telegraphing Sky’s realness and street cred. In contrast, Yonghwa’s flawless face and impeccable chef’s uniform add to the impression of the all-around slickness of Stellar. Yonghwa is confident and believable as a high-end chef in a fancy upscale restaurant–he knows he’s good and he’s not afraid to show it. As the leader of CNBLUE Yonghwa has a lot of swagger and he brings that swag to his portrayal of Paul, though not so much that he becomes obnoxious or overbearing. More significantly, as Paul gradually comes to appreciate the joys of Sky’s simpler cooking aesthetic, Yonghwa communicates this transformation through subtle facial expressions and physical gestures. Even though Yonghwa speaks no Chinese he succeeds in imparting Paul’s intentions non-verbally, effectively playing off of his co-stars despite the language barrier."

• anonymous 2017.02.19 23:02
    Yong Hwa's acting has always been subtle, conveying his feelings in small gestures instead of OTT acting which I really appreciate. How I wish there was more scenes of him and Miyu, I believe there would be another level of acting from him.
  • anonymous 2017.02.21 18:06
    I never find his acting stiff which some others expressed in his YAB & heartstring drama. YH portrayed that character as it was intended to be (which is quite opposite to his true personality BTW) I watched his face and the fine subtleties of his expressions which is just the right amount and not OTT which is how I like it too. So is his acting in this movie. He is as poise as a any 3 Michelin star would look like. For his young age he pulled that quite easily .

1. No Image

[더패키지 ThePackage] ‘드라마 정주행’하기 딱 좋은 설연휴, 멜로부터 힐링까지

[헤럴드경제 스타&컬처팀=이소희 기자] 2018년 첫 번째 달을 정신없이 보낸 이들에게 이번 설은 애타게 기다리던 휴식이다. 쉬는 날에는 뭐니뭐니해도 밀린 드라마나 영화, 웹툰 등을 몰아보는 재미다. 그래서 이불 밖은 위험하다고 생각하는 이들에게, 빽...
    Date2018.02.13 Category리뷰 Views299 Votes1
    Read More
  2. No Image

[더패키지 ThePackage] 아침을 열며-칭찬(1) 이수정/창원대 교수·철학자

그런 차원에서 칭찬할만한 일들을 시리즈로 하나씩 들추어보기로 한다. 우선 아주 비근한 사례들부터 시작하겠다. 최근에 공중파 3사가 아닌 모 티비 채널에서 <더 패키지>라는 드라마를 보았다. (참고로 나는 철학자 비트겐슈타인이 영화로 피로를 풀었던 것...
    Date2017.12.18 Category리뷰 Views360 Votes3
    Read More
  3. No Image

'인생캐 찾았다'…'더패키지' 이연희X정용화의 재발견

이연희와 정용화의 재발견이라고 불러도 무방했다. 두 사람은 '더패키지'에 완벽히 녹아들며 케미를 선사했다. JTBC 금토드라마 '더 패키지'(극본 천성일, 연출 전창근 김진원)는 각기 다른 이유로 여행을 선택한 사람들이 서로 관여하고 싶지 않아도 관계를 ...
    Date2017.11.18 Category리뷰 Views303 Votes0
    Read More
  4. No Image

'더 패키지' 정용화 '정조대·채찍…망가지는 것 두렵지 않아'

"내년이면 서른…망가지는 것 두렵지 않았다." 그룹 씨엔블루의 보컬이자 배우 정용화는 JTBC 금토드라마 '더 패키지'를 통해 멋과는 거리가 먼 캐릭터에 도전했다. 데뷔작 '미남이시네요'에서 멋진 설정을 다 가졌던 것과는 달리 '더 패키지'의 산마루는 '민폐...
    Date2017.11.17 Category리뷰 Views298 Votes0
    Read More
  5. No Image

[Oh!쎈 초점] 내 아이돌의 두 얼굴

# 정용화, 허당남 매력 정용화의 뿌리는 밴드 씨엔블루지만 그는 일찌감치 연기를 해왔다. SBS 드라마 '미남이시네요'로 먼저 데뷔했을 정도로 그에게 연기는 자연스러운 선택이었다. 차분하고 안정된 연기로 작품 활동을 이어가는 정용화. 그는 요즘 종합편성...
    Date2017.11.13 Category리뷰 Views306 Votes0
    Read More
  6. No Image

[더패키지 ThePackage] 정용화, 사랑할 수밖에 JYH, You Can't Help but Love Him

‘변태, 스미마셍 XX, 정조대왕’… 낭만 가득 프랑스 여행과는 어울리지 않는 이 단어들은 정용화가 JTBC ‘더패키지’(극본 천성일, 연출 전창근 김진원)를 통해 얻은 별명들이다. 그의 연기 열정이 고스란히 담긴 별명들이기도 하다. 정용화가 다시 한 번 인생 ...
    Date2017.10.22 Category리뷰 Views460 Votes4
    Read More
  7. [더패키지 ThePackage] 정용화, '문제 여행객'에서 '로코 장인'까지 변화무쌍

정용화가 JTBC 금토드라마 ‘더 패키지’에서 변화무쌍한 산마루 캐릭터를 완벽하게 소화해내고 있다. 정용화는 ‘더 패키지’에서 홀로 프랑스 패키지 여행을 온 산마루 역을 맡아, 어디로 튈 지 모르는 통통 튀는 매력을 지닌 캐릭터를 연기하며 시청자들의 마음...
    Date2017.10.20 Category리뷰 Views331 Votes0
    Read More
  8. [더패키지 ThePackage] 프랑스 페스티벌 첫 화 감상/브로셔 First ep. review from FFTV, Brochure

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZCa2qEjCXr Trans) Great day at # FFTV2017 for #thepackage's world premiere: D Room packed; laugh guaranteed for this very good first episode! 극장은 꽉 찼고, 아주 좋은 첫 화는 웃음을 보장한다!
    Date2017.09.15 Category리뷰 Views553 Votes6
    Read More
  9. No Image

[결전식신 CUAS] by Asian Film Strike

After three seasons of his successful cooking show “Chef Nic”, Nicholas Tse takes his passion for culinary arts to the big screen with Raymond Yip’s Cook up a Storm, in which he plays Sky Ko, an Cantonese street cook whose well-loved restaur...
    Date2017.04.09 Category리뷰 Views384 Votes2
    Read More
  10. No Image

Pulling Mussels From A Shell: Cook Up A Storm movie review

Full review by Valerie Soe: https://beyondasiaphilia.com/2017/02/19/pulling-mussels-from-a-shell-cook-up-a-storm-movie-review/ Yonghwa's part: "The showdowns between Sky and Paul are likewise quite rapid, with the most effective one taking p...
    Date2017.02.19 Category리뷰 Views348 Votes4
    Read More
  11. No Image

Movie Exclusive.com - Cook Up a Storm (2017) *Spoilers*

*Spoiler Alert* Genre: Comedy Director: Raymond Yip Cast: Nicholas Tse, Jung Yong-hwa, Ge You, Tiffany Tang, Michelle Bai, Anthony Wong Runtime: 1 hr 36 mins Rating: PG Released By: Golden Village Pictures & Clover Films Opening Day: 10...
    Date2017.02.08 Category리뷰 Views480 Votes1
    Read More
  12. [삼총사 TTM] Dramabeans' Year in Review 드라마빈 연말결산

No matter how many times the tale of the Three Musketeers is retold, I always seem to enjoy the end product. So when tvN sought to turn this classic Dumas tale into a fusion sageuk set in Joseon times, my first thought was, Why hadn’t anyon...
    Date2014.12.16 Category리뷰 Views2205 Votes1
    Read More
  13. No Image

[삼총사 TTM] OSEN의 드라마 평 中 용화 연기에 대한 호평!

다행히 '삼총사'가 시즌1을 통해 남긴 것이 없진 않다. 초반 기대와 마찬가지로 출연 배우들의 연기력과 배우간 호흡이 나쁘지 않았다는 점, 첫 사극 주연으로 투입된 정용화가 기대 이상의 연기로 자신의 롤을 충분히 소화했다는 점 등이다. http://osen.mt....
    Date2014.11.03 Category리뷰 Views1010 Votes0
    Read More
  14. No Image

'삼총사' PD 극찬 '현장의 정용화? 성실+열정+성장+눈빛'

씨엔블루의 정용화가 멜로에 액션과 사극 연기까지 경험하며 배우로 한 단계 성장했다. 정용화는 2일 종영한 tvN 일요극 '삼총사'의 주인공 박달향 역을 맡아 첫 사극 출연을 성공적으로 마무리했다. 그는 극중에서 첫사랑 강빈(서현진)을 향한 아련한 감성을 ...
    Date2014.11.03 Category리뷰 Views1120 Votes0
    Read More
  15. No Image

'2009 미남' 정용화, '2014 삼총사'에 이르러 배우를 외치다

[이데일리 스타in 강민정 기자] 남자들이 활개하기 좋은 요즘이다. ‘의리’가 화두이고 ‘남남(男男) 케미’가 시청각을 당기는 시대다. 외계인과 톱여배우의 400년 시공을 뛰어넘은 사랑 이야기가 아니고선 웬만한 로맨틱 코미디도 통하지 않는 세상이다. 케이블...
    Date2014.11.03 Category리뷰 Views1122 Votes1
    Read More
  16. No Image

[soompi] Second Male Lead Syndrome: A Couch Kimchi Roundtable

THE MALE LEAD VS. THAT WINSOME SECOND DUDE Tessieroo: (...) I know I’m not the only one, but I’ll never understand why Go Mi Nam (Park Shin Hye) chose Tae Kyung over Shin Woo in “You’re Beautiful.” Her interactions with Shin Woo made her fe...
    Date2014.11.02 Category리뷰 Views1236 Votes1
    Read More
  17. No Image

'삼총사' 정용화 vs 이진욱, 여심 공략 승자는?

2일 오후 시즌1 막을 내리는 케이블채널 tvN 일요드라마 '삼총사'(극본 송재정 연출 김병수)는 정용화와 이진욱의 여심(女心) 공략으로도 시청자들의 눈길을 끌었다. 과연 승자는 누구였을까. 2009년 드라마 '미남이시네요'로 드라마 데뷔한 정용화는 데뷔 5년...
    Date2014.11.02 Category리뷰 Views1155 Votes0
    Read More
  18. No Image

[콕TV] ‘삼총사’ 정용화는 어떻게 ‘사극돌’로 인정받았나

씨엔블루 출신 정용화가 ‘사극’에서도 호연을 보이고 있다. 화려한 액션연기는 물론 애틋한 감정라인을 그리고 있다. 사극톤의 대사도 무리 없이 소화하며 극의 몰입도를 높이고 있다. 정용화는 tvN 일요드라마 ‘삼총사’에서 박달향 역을 맡고 있다. 박달향은 ...
    Date2014.10.26 Category리뷰 Views1078 Votes2
    Read More
  19. No Image

【E】꽂히다, 노래되고 연기되고 – 씨엔블루 정용화 Enchanted: Can sing, can act - CNBLUE Jung Yonghwa

‘60초면 충분한 스토리 내 맘으로 넌 들어왔어’ 누군가가 눈 안에 ‘콕’ 들어오거나 가슴에 ‘콱’ 박히는 건 생각보다 굉장히 짧은 시간 동안 이뤄진다. 하루에도 수많은 연예인이 브라운관과 스크린 속에서 웃고 울고 노래하며 우리와 만나지만, 그 중에서도 ...
    Date2014.09.24 Category리뷰 Views2489 Votes12
    Read More
  20. No Image

[어저께TV] '삼총사' 액션+멜로 다 되는 정용화, 연기돌의 좋은 예 Capturing both Action and Romance, Jung Yonghwa is sets an example as an actor-dol.

정용화가 tvN 일요드라마 '삼총사'(극본 송재정, 연출 김병수)'를 통해 멜로에 액션까지 다 되는 배우로 한층 성장했다. 전작 '미남이시네요', '미래의 선택' 등을 통해 훈훈한 순애보 연기를 펼친 정용화는 잘 다져진 멜로연기에 화려한 액션연기까지 추가하...
    Date2014.09.15 Category리뷰 Views1527 Votes6
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 Next
/ 3