본문 바로가기
조회 수 348 추천 수 4 댓글 2
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Full review by Valerie Soe: https://beyondasiaphilia.com/2017/02/19/pulling-mussels-from-a-shell-cook-up-a-storm-movie-review/

Yonghwa's part:

"The showdowns between Sky and Paul are likewise quite rapid, with the most effective one taking place in Paul’s gorgeously appointed high-tech restaurant kitchen. Here the characters are allowed to play off of each other a bit more and the scenario has a chance to breathe a bit, unlike some of the rapid-fire sequences that take place elsewhere in the film. It helps that Nic Tse and Yonghwa have a good onscreen rapport, with Yonghwa in particular doing a great job fleshing out his character with a minimum of dialog."

"Yonghwa also acquits himself well in the cooking sequences since he looks like he knows his way around all of the high-tech gear that Paul uses. I especially enjoyed watching Paul create a fancy foie gras dish that illuminated the process as well as the product. At one point Paul adds a bit of sorbet onto the top of a dish and we see him warming the spoon slightly in order to get the frozen scoop to release cleanly, a small detail that nonetheless adds an interesting touch of realism to the proceedings."

"Nic Tse wears the same grimy plaid shirt and greasy bandana through most of the film, telegraphing Sky’s realness and street cred. In contrast, Yonghwa’s flawless face and impeccable chef’s uniform add to the impression of the all-around slickness of Stellar. Yonghwa is confident and believable as a high-end chef in a fancy upscale restaurant–he knows he’s good and he’s not afraid to show it. As the leader of CNBLUE Yonghwa has a lot of swagger and he brings that swag to his portrayal of Paul, though not so much that he becomes obnoxious or overbearing. More significantly, as Paul gradually comes to appreciate the joys of Sky’s simpler cooking aesthetic, Yonghwa communicates this transformation through subtle facial expressions and physical gestures. Even though Yonghwa speaks no Chinese he succeeds in imparting Paul’s intentions non-verbally, effectively playing off of his co-stars despite the language barrier."

• anonymous 2017.02.19 23:02
    Yong Hwa's acting has always been subtle, conveying his feelings in small gestures instead of OTT acting which I really appreciate. How I wish there was more scenes of him and Miyu, I believe there would be another level of acting from him.
  • anonymous 2017.02.21 18:06
    I never find his acting stiff which some others expressed in his YAB & heartstring drama. YH portrayed that character as it was intended to be (which is quite opposite to his true personality BTW) I watched his face and the fine subtleties of his expressions which is just the right amount and not OTT which is how I like it too. So is his acting in this movie. He is as poise as a any 3 Michelin star would look like. For his young age he pulled that quite easily .

1. [더패키지 ThePackage] ‘드라마 정주행’하기 딱 좋은 설연휴, 멜로부터 힐링까지

2. [더패키지 ThePackage] 아침을 열며-칭찬(1) 이수정/창원대 교수·철학자

3. '인생캐 찾았다'…'더패키지' 이연희X정용화의 재발견

4. '더 패키지' 정용화 '정조대·채찍…망가지는 것 두렵지 않아'

5. [Oh!쎈 초점] 내 아이돌의 두 얼굴

6. [더패키지 ThePackage] 정용화, 사랑할 수밖에 JYH, You Can't Help but Love Him

7. [더패키지 ThePackage] 정용화, '문제 여행객'에서 '로코 장인'까지 변화무쌍

8. [더패키지 ThePackage] 프랑스 페스티벌 첫 화 감상/브로셔 First ep. review from FFTV, Brochure

9. [결전식신 CUAS] by Asian Film Strike

10. Pulling Mussels From A Shell: Cook Up A Storm movie review

11. Movie Exclusive.com - Cook Up a Storm (2017) *Spoilers*

12. [삼총사 TTM] Dramabeans' Year in Review 드라마빈 연말결산

13. [삼총사 TTM] OSEN의 드라마 평 中 용화 연기에 대한 호평!

14. '삼총사' PD 극찬 '현장의 정용화? 성실+열정+성장+눈빛'

15. '2009 미남' 정용화, '2014 삼총사'에 이르러 배우를 외치다

16. [soompi] Second Male Lead Syndrome: A Couch Kimchi Roundtable

17. '삼총사' 정용화 vs 이진욱, 여심 공략 승자는?

18. [콕TV] ‘삼총사’ 정용화는 어떻게 ‘사극돌’로 인정받았나

19. 【E】꽂히다, 노래되고 연기되고 – 씨엔블루 정용화 Enchanted: Can sing, can act - CNBLUE Jung Yonghwa

20. [어저께TV] '삼총사' 액션+멜로 다 되는 정용화, 연기돌의 좋은 예 Capturing both Action and Romance, Jung Yonghwa is sets an example as an actor-dol.

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 Next
/ 3