본문 바로가기
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

중간부터 한글번역이 나옵니다^^

(Chi to Eng translation by lovingrj)

Receiving Finalised Scripts and Changing the Dishes on Set, Nic and Yong Hwa Communicate by Food

Cook Up A Storm - an Emperor Motion Pictures production, is set to release as the 2nd round Chinese New Year movies. To mark the occasion, Nicholas and Yong Hwa have been on the run doing promotions lately. During the interview, they mentioned how scriptwriter Manfred Wong constantly revised the scripts for perfections that they always received the finalised scripts when they were actually on the set, and so they had to tackle all the problems in a piecemeal manner on set. On the other hand, to accomodate the revised script, Nic, being the Director of Cuisine, also needed to spend additional time on changing the dishes that would appear in the movie accordingly. The filming was thus full of challenges.

Last week, JYH visited HK for the promotions of CUAS - his premiere on the big screen. But suffering from an upset stomach, he unfortunately missed the welcome dinner by Mr. Yeung. Nic was also unable to do the honours for YH, "Since YH is feeling unwell with his stomach, I'm not able to treat him nice food outside." However, back to the filming days, YH got all the luck to enjoy gourmets made by Nic especially for him, and their friendship also grows for this. Although they speak different languages and not able to understand each other, they have exchanged phone numbers still. Nic addresses YH with his Korean name, while YH uses the Korean transliteration of Nic's name and calls him "Ting Fung Hyung". YH also acclaims Nic's masculinity with a little rough vigor.

Nic said, "Although I don't understand a word of Korean, we just communicate by food cos he really loves it. There was a vehicle on the set for me to rest, with electric oven and basic cooking utensils inside. Whenever I was free from the filming, I would create new dishes and try cooking them in the vehicle or the kitchens on the set. I would bake something for YH to enjoy too, like simmered meats and apple pie with puff pastry." YH's role in the movie is named Paul Ahn, a 3-starred famous chef from Europe. Living alone, though YH will cook by himself at home occasionally, he did pay lots of extra efforts on cooking skills so that he will look like a real Michelin-starred chef in the movie. Even though Nic did not actually teach him how to cook, he learnt much just by enjoying the meals Nic made and watching him cook. "I can totally feel his love towards cooking. He's so passionate about it! The food he made is so delicious that you only have to taste a little and you already know how good it is. As a result, I've always had this desire to learn cooking ever since then." YH also confesses that he kept gaining weights during the filming, "In fact, it was my intention to put on some weights for this movie at first, but later I realised I gained too much weights and ended up doing exercises to keep fit." It seems Nic's cuisines are really irresistible!

"We were all worried about the language barrier at first. However, throughout the filming, we never needed another take due to language problems, not even once. There's this unbelievable sync between us. We have to rely on the interpreter to communicate on set. But when it comes to reading our lines, even it was 3-pages long, we had no problems at all. It's a big surprise for me from this collaboration with YH. Though we speak different languages, the sync and tempo we had during filming were pretty fine, I think." said Nic. Being asked the difference between Chinese and Korean in terms of filming and anything he's not customed to, YH replied there's no major difference in the atmosphere on set and it was actually more relaxed than he thought. "Although I was nervous and worried as it was my first time to star in a movie, the atmosphere on set was indeed very warm. Everyone in the cast was so nice to me. It had been relaxing throughout the filming. We all shared the lounge and had nice chats and delicious meals there. We spent wonderful time together like that and I really enjoyed it."

(skipped Nic's parts on how difficult it was to film with fresh-made cuisines on set)

"Receiving finalised scripts on set" (飛紙仔) is an unique culture in HK's film production. It's a big challenge for actors since it requires ability to perform without preparation and memorize lines in such a short time. This culture is not even accepted by some local actors, but YH, who had encountered this a lot during the filming, thought it was a treasurable experience instead. "I always received the script only on the day of filming. Without the crew members explaining to me in details, I could not have finished the filming so smoothly. I had this feeling of giving impromptu performances, which was a really unique experience for me."

(skipped Nic's part on the connection of his cooking show Chef Nic and this movie and talks about his acting)

Being asked about his expectation on the movie, YH appears to be quite prudent. "As a freshman in the movie sector, it is my honour to be able to participate in such a huge production. I hope everyone will like it when it's released. (How many scores will you give for your performance?) It's difficult to say. I haven't got the chance to watch the final movie in 4D yet. For that reason, I will give 100 points (for the movie), of course. As for my own performance... let's wait and see the comments from the audience first. I will give my scores then!"

(skipped Nic's part on his future plans etc.)

영>한 by heich_

설 연휴 2차 개봉주간에 상영을 앞두고 있는 영황 제작의 ‘결전식신’. 개봉을 맞아 사정봉과 정용화는 최근 홍보 활동에 매진중이다. 그들은 각본가 Manfred Wong이 매사에 완벽을 기하며 수정에 수정을 거듭한 결과, 촬영현장에서 언제나 마지막 수정대본을 받아보았고, 따라서 그때 그때 문제를 해결해나가야 했다고 언급했다. 영화의 요리 감독이었던 사정봉의 경우 수정된 대본에 맞춰 영화에 나올 요리를 바꾸기 위해 시간을 더 요하기도 하는 등, 촬영은 도전의 연속이었다.

지난 주 정용화는 결전식신의 홍보활동을 위해 홍콩을 방문했다. 그러나 속이 좋지 않아 아쉽게도 Mr. Yeung(*영황그룹 회장)이 초대한 저녁식사에 함께하지 못했다고. 사정봉 역시 아쉽게도, “용화가 속이 안 좋아서 밖에서 좋은 음식을 사주지 못했네요”라고 전했다. 다시 촬영 이야기로 돌아오면, 정용화는 사정봉이 그만을 위해 만든 요리를 마음껏 먹을 수 있었고 그 계기로 둘의 친분이 더욱 두터워졌다고 한다. 서로 다른 언어를 쓰고 서로의 말을 이해하지 못함에도 불구하고 전화번호를 교환했다. 사정봉은 정용화를 그의 한국 이름으로 부르고, 정용화는 사정봉을 ‘팅펑형’이라고 부르며 사정봉의 남성적인 매력에 열렬한 찬사를 보냈다.

사정봉은 “저는 한국어를 전혀 못알아듣지만, 용화가 정말 음식을 좋아해서 음식을 통해 교감을 나눠요. 현장에 제가 쉴 수 있도록 차량이 준비되어 있었는데, 전기 오븐과 기본적인 요리도구들이 구비되어 있었죠. 고기나 애플파이 등 용화가 먹을만한 것들을 구워주곤 했어요.” 영화에서 용화가 맡은 역할은 폴 안, 유럽 출신의 유명한 미슐랭 3성 셰프다. 혼자 사는 용화는 집에서 가끔 직접 요리를 하곤 했지만 영화에서 진짜 미슐랭 스타 셰프로 보이기 위해 요리 실력에 많은 노력을 기울였다고. 사정봉이 그에게 요리를 가르쳐준 적은 없지만, 용화는 그가 만들어준 음식을 즐기고 요리하는 모습을 보는 것만으로도 많이 배웠다고 한다. “(정봉 형이) 얼마나 요리를 사랑하는지 느낄 수 있었어요. 굉장히 열정적이거든요! 정봉 형이 만든 요리도 너무 맛있어서, 조금만 먹어도 얼마나 맛있는지 바로 알 수 있죠. 그 때부터 저도 요리하는 법을 배우고 싶어졌어요.” 정용화는 영화 촬영 중 계속 살이 쪘다고 고백하기도 했다. “사실 영화에 맞춰 살을 찌우려고 했었는데, 나중에 보니 몸무게가 너무 많이 늘어서 몸매관리를 위해 운동을 하게 됐어요.” 사정봉의 음식에 정말 매료되었나 보다.

“처음엔 우리 모두 언어장벽에 대해 걱정했어요. 하지만 촬영하면서 언어 문제로 새 테이크를 찍어야 했던 적은 한번도 없었죠. 우리는 믿을 수 없을만큼 합이 좋았어요. 현장에서는 통역사에 의존해서 의사소통을 해야만 했는데, 대사를 읽을 때는 3페이지가 되어도 아무런 문제가 없었어요. 용화와의 합작에서 이 부분은 저에게 굉장히 의외였어요. 서로가 다른 언어를 말하는데, 함께 촬영하면서 합과 박자가 꽤 좋았거든요” 라는 사정봉. 촬영 하면서 중국어와 한국어의 다른 점, 그리고 어떤 것들이 낯설었는지 묻자, 용화는 현장의 분위기는 크게 다르지 않고 오히려 생각보다 편안했다고 답했다. “처음 출연하는 영화다 보니 긴장도 되고 걱정도 했지만, 촬영현장은 매우 따뜻했어요. 배우 분들도 모두 저에게 친절하게 대해 주셨구요. 촬영 내내 편안했고, 다같이 라운지에서 기분 좋은 대화를 나누고 맛있는 음식도 함께 먹었죠. 그렇게 좋은 시간을 함께 보냈고, 정말 즐거웠어요.”

(현장에서 요리하는 고충에 대한 사정봉 부분)

현장에서 최종 대본을 받아보는 것은 홍콩 영화 제작의 특수한 부분이다. 준비 없이 대사를 외우고 연기를 해야 하기 때문에 연기자들에게는 큰 도전이기도 하다. 몇몇 현지 배우들에게도 받아들여지지 않는 문화지만 이번 촬영에서 이를 자주 접했던 용화는 소중한 경험이었다고 말했다. “늘 촬영 당일에 대본을 받았어요. 스탭 분들이 자세하게 설명해주지 않으셨다면 이렇게 순조롭게 촬영을 마칠 수 없었을 거예요. 즉흥 연기를 한다는 느낌도 들었는데, 굉장히 독특한 경험이었어요.”

(자신의 요리예능 십이도봉미와 결전식신의 연관성/자신의 연기에 대해 이야기하는 사정봉 부분)

영화가 어떨지 예상해보라는 질문에, 용화는 매우 신중해보였다. “영화계 신인으로서 이렇게 대작 영화에 출연하게 되어 영광입니다. 개봉되면 여러분들이 좋아해주셨으면 좋겠어요. (본인의 연기에는 몇 점을 주시겠어요?) 어려운 질문이네요. 아직 4D로 완성작을 보진 못했어요. 그래서 (영화에는) 당연히 100점을 주겠고, 제 연기는… 우선 관객분들의 반응을 먼저 보도록 하죠. 그 후에 제 점수를 말할게요!”

(사정봉의 향후 계획 등)

• anonymous 2017.02.05 20:10
    Gosh! Thank you so much!
  • anonymous 2017.02.05 20:15
    번역 감사해요 ‥ ㅎ 용화가 아팠었네요ㆍ ㅠㅠ ‥ 사랑받았던거같아 기분좋네요ㆍ영화가 꼭 꼭 대박나길 ‥
  • anonymous 2017.02.05 20:16
    What YH didn't mention in the interview: Korean drama scripts are almost ALWAYS brought in pieces too, after like ep 8 cuz of live shooting...Tho I don't think it applied to The Package since all the script was ready b4 leaving^^; anyway, during the filming, probably wasn't sth too new to him...xP
  • anonymous 2017.02.05 20:31
    홍콩영화도 쪽대본의 도전이군요ㅎㅎ
    그나저나 잉황회장님 저녁식사 못갔다니 아쉽ㅠㅠ
    아파도 티안날만큼 열정적으로 홍보해주어서 고맙네요
    이제 진짜 며칠안남아서 두근두근
    올려주신분도 번역해주신분 두분 모두 감사합니다
  • anonymous 2017.02.05 20:38
    최종 대본이 당일 현장으로 나오다니 도전의 연속 맞군요..
  • anonymous 2017.02.05 22:16
    ㅠㅠ아푸지마로라ㅜ영화대박납시당!
    번역 감사합니다
  • anonymous 2017.02.06 02:10
    용화가 피곤해 보여서 많이 바빴나 했더니 중요한 초대에 가지 못할만큼 아팠군요. 그래도 항상 최선을 다하는 용용이...대박 기원!!!!
    번역 감사해요
  • anonymous 2017.02.06 09:25
    장벽의 장벽을 뛰어 넘어야 했고 끊임없는 도전에 부딪쳤지만 자신의 인내심과 강인한 정신력으로 그 모든겄을 잘 이겨낸 용화에게 안스럽기도 하지만
    장하다는 말 꼭 남기고 싶네요. 용화야 수고 많았어.
    번역 정말 감사합니다.

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
113 인터뷰 Esquire Korea 2014.08 "아무나 정용화가 될 수 없다" 35 2014.07.22 7702 27
112 인터뷰 Vogue Korea 2014.08 삼총사 특집 (용화 관련부분) 27 2014.07.20 32467 16
111 인터뷰 [미래의선택 MHIYD] 2014.08 K-Boys Paradise Vol. 14 7 2014.08.09 3523 13
110 인터뷰 【한】[결전식신 CUAS] 2017.02.03 U Magazine Interview (Eng Translations) 16 2017.02.03 1960 12
» 인터뷰 【한】[결전식신 CUAS] 2017.02.04 Mingpao Weekly Issue 2517 Interview 명보주간 인터뷰 8 2017.02.05 1714 10
108 인터뷰 [삼총사 TTM] 정용화, "평소 좋아하던 달타냥 연기하니 감개무량" "I'm Grateful for Playing d'Artagnan" 4 2014.08.12 2405 9
107 인터뷰 [결전식신 CUAS] HKonlineTV 6 2017.02.16 908 9
106 인터뷰 [한역][더패키지 ThePackage] 한류피아 2018.05 정용화 & 이연희 대담 7 2018.05.02 564 9
105 인터뷰 [미래의선택 MHIYD] 2014.04.30 DATV 스페셜 인터뷰 Special Interview (Engsub) 10 2014.05.11 5373 8
104 인터뷰 [삼총사 TTM] 박달향 인터뷰 영상 Park Dalhyang Interview 10 file 2014.07.27 4251 8
103 인터뷰 [삼총사 TTM] "시동 끝, 본격 활극 시작" (간담회) Press Roundtable 10 file 2014.09.14 3221 8
102 인터뷰 [넌내반 HS] 일본 코멘터리 DVD 중 개인 인터뷰 Interview in Japanese Commentary Disc 6 2014.01.04 6262 7
101 인터뷰 【한】[결전식신 CUAS] Emperor Motion Pictures Wechat Interview - He says he wants to be ALL ROUND Jung Yong Hwa 16 2017.02.03 1945 7
100 인터뷰 [결전식신 CUAS] 2017.02.12 East Touch Magazine Interview (with Eng translation) 1 file 2017.02.13 1064 7
99 인터뷰 [미남 YAB] 【E】 일본 메이킹 DVD 인터뷰 Japanese Making DVD Interview 9 2014.01.07 6001 6
98 인터뷰 [삼총사 TTM] 정용화 “일렉 기타 같은 연기하라는 조언에 충격” JYH, "Blown by advice to 'Act like an Electric guitar'" 4 2014.08.12 2457 6
97 인터뷰 [삼총사 TTM] 콩경매 애장품 기부 Personal Item for Charity :) 2 file 2014.08.13 2262 6
96 인터뷰 [결전식신 CUAS] 【E】 HK Magazine New Monday Interview (Eng translations) 5 2017.01.26 1098 6
95 인터뷰 【E】[대박부동산 SYHH] 지아X인범 커플의 매력 발산 키워드 토크! JiahxInbeom Couple's Keyword Talk! 5 2021.04.02 885 6
94 인터뷰 【E】 月刊SkyperfectTV 2014.02 주목! CNBLUE의 정용화가 달콤한 백마탄 왕자님으로! Attention! CNBLUE's JYH as Prince Charming! 11 file 2014.01.22 6965 5
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
/ 6