본문 바로가기
조회 수 13897 추천 수 4 댓글 8
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Video shared by 2 @ DC JYH Gallery

The following is a post on soompi “You’re Beautiful” thread, by jdarcy, dated Nov 21 2009. Surely helps us who don't understand Korean.

This is a translation of the interview on youtube: 20091118 ETN Jung Yong Hwa
I didn’t translate all of it cuz I didn’t understand every word but I got the gist of what he was saying so I might have taken some liberties with a sentence or two so forgive me. Also I skipped over the slow parts that weren’t interesting.
Starts off with some random woman (she might have been the 24th person to be interviewed) giving him a signed dvd of her movie for Yong Hwa being the 25th celebrity to be interviewed and he holds it up and thanks her. 

2:03 introduces himself –then snippets of the interview – the full answers will come out later.
3:18 these days the tight filming schedule is keeping me busy
3:37 When we are filming outside, students often come to watch us filming…when they call out my name, give me letters, and presents…it’s touching (? Couldn’t catch the word)

HOW HE GOT THIS ROLE
3:52I was in Japan with my band preparing for my single album when I got the audition call that they were looking for a character named SW who plays the guitar in a band
The director and scriptwriters liked the fact that I was in a real band

TALKS ABOUT HONKI
4:47 Jeremy...it’s honki’s role but he and Jeremy are really alike...the kid is really vibrant/outgoing…even when everyone is tired, honki comes over and kids around…his voice is really loud too …he makes filming fun
6:10 my personality is becoming more like SW..in the beginning ..I used to joke around a lot...be hyper...and be kind of loud but after taking on this role, I’ve calmed down...became more mature and grown up
6:55 He talks about the shower scene where he covers MN’s head and the scene where he buys MN expensive shoes…says giving a girl expensive shoes is more realistic

HOW HE PREPARED FOR THIS ROLE
7:54 Its not like I studied acting …Since this is my first acting role …I looked around and researched characters like SW so I watched BOF kim hyun joon’s portrayal of ji hoo…(referenced a movie I never heard of)… I studied characters that feel a lot of anguish…how can I convey the pain my character is going though…that’s what I tried to study

ON WHO HE IS ROOTING FOR – who he hopes gets MN in the end
8:47Of course I hope it’s SW…I feel so bad for him…he has been the only one watching over her quietly...not being able to say anything…it’s so sad…so I hope its him…(addressing the camera) director and scriptwriter ..SW is in pain...talking to himself a lot…he is really hurting …he seems to be feeling more and more pain as time goes on so please help him - I will do my best

WHAT HE WAS LIKE AS A KID
9:21 I studied hard …had a lot of friends…I didn’t do well but I put a lot of effort into it…during exams, I studied hard like the rest of the kids…studied hard for my college entrance exam….i didn’t drink in high school…after I turned 20, I learned to drink from my parents …but I didnt drink with them…my parents like having family time/get togethers...i was obedient (?) I didn’t fight with my parents...of course we had a few fights when I was going through puberty –but not to the extent where there was cursing (cute how he quickly corrects himself and says) I mean they didn’t curse at me -they were really good to me….of course that was their job to be good to me…but honestly, I am not making this up….I didn’t stay out all night – I kept my curfew and came home on time…studied when they told me to…I am not lying…really…it really sounds like I am making this up so I don’t think I can say this…but even my teachers knew I was a good kid and was good to me…(didn’t catch the rest of it)

ABOUT HIM BEING CALLED AN ULJANG (a pretty person)
11:54 People referred to me as an uljang….I don’t know what defines being an uljang. Made me think “am I an uljang”..I’m still wondering that…students know what an uljang is ..everyone does cyworld during their teens….I don’t do it now …but back then people would write on “random talk” - “this kid is good looking”..it’s because of that - people think of me that way. (goes off topic for a second - I go skiing with my family – that’s really not a lie- my father loved to ski) I thought I was good looking once or twice like when I look at myself in the mirror after a shower and wonder “do I look good?” It’s not like I am always looking at myself thinking “you’re good looking” like a “whang-ja-byung” (someone who thinks highly of their looks)
Being known as the guy who gets better looking the more you get to know him is better…the longer you know someone, the more good looking that person becomes to you – those people are better. I don’t think appearance is that important.

ASKED TO CHOOSE HIS IDEAL AMONG CELEBRITIES
1st ROUND – ASKED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GMN AND UEE
13:35 I can only choose one? As an acting partner? Based on appearance? I don’t judge based on looks…I look at what’s in her heart…based on acting(?) he chose GMN
2nd ROUND YOONA AND SOME OTHER GIRL I DON’T KNOW THE NAME OF
I can only choose one? This is hard…I choose Yoona. Of course (the other girl) is pretty too but the reason why I chose Yoona is because when I was in school, Yoona’s group was really popular…(he didn’t finish his sentence and then the interviewer said something I couldn’t hear off camera which made him laugh)
3rd ROUND HYORI AND DAMBI
Of course both of them are attractive…If I have to choose one…lee hyori sunbaenim….of course son dambi is attractive and pretty …(something about ‘issue”?)…from a guy’s point of view, lee hyori is really attractive…son dambi is attractive too but I’ve been a fan of FINKLE since I was young
4th ROUND (I don’t know either of their names)
Both of them are attractive…but Go young sunbaenim.
This is a really hard program – you’re going to make me choose again!
For the rest of the choices – he keeps choosing PSH citing reasons like they are in the same drama etc and then he complains that this is a hard program for a beginner
All the choices were beautiful and attractive women…(then he addresses PSH saying)
“SH - somehow you became my ideal girl...when you come out on this program next time, I hope you choose me...let’s help each other..I’ll see you later at the film location”

ABOUT CN BLUE
He talks about how they are studying hard in japan, that there are 4 members including himself, they are not just good looking but also musically talented ...they are going to debut next year so he hopes we will love and support them in the future..he went on about why they chose to study in japan….how he got the inspiration for the lyrics of a certain song “just please”…etc
Ever since I was young, I loved music. My older brother loved music too…we have a big age gap…we listened to a lot of pop songs from overseas….i started to have a dream for music beginning of high school (?) Of all the things I’ve done, I thought music was the best thing for me. (mentions his favorite singer and song and is asked to sing some of it but he declines asking us to wait and be patient till he debuts)
Every day I am happy …since I suddenly became an actor…it’s fun going to the set every day…doing interviews is like a dream so it’s fun…every day is precious…

OMG…I didn’t realize the questions were written on the screen in Korean and he was answering them this whole time until midway ….since I cant read a word of Korean I didn’t even see the letters/characters till I was halfway done…almost decided to give up then but I plowed through and guessed all the questions from his responses….this 23 minute video literally took over 5 hours to translate (now I know how much the subbing team goes through – bless you!!!)

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/14943752/#Comment_14943752

• 모모팬 2012.10.09 19:46

Thank you,klaritia^^
    킹콩보고 감상문 썼을가요?ㅋㅋㅋ (신인인데 넉살보소ㅎㅎ)
    용화 진짜 순진했어요.지금이라면 저 명품구두 이야기는 안 했을 것 같아요

"감독님 작가님 신우가 아파하고 있어요 "저 말투며 목소리 ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 씹덕터집니다.

• checkinout 2012.10.10 08:31
    Thanks klaritia! I'd forgotten about this on soompi... I wonder what his inspiration for 'Just Please' is as that was not translated. Can't believe he was so young when he wrote that song as that's one of my favorites now...
  • klaritia 2012.10.10 09:37

It was a rainy night and he couldn't sleep. Listening to the rain, he woke up ... played on the keyboard (or guitar) and wrote "Just Please". He then had the company president (think he meant Mr Han) check out the song and asked if the song could be in an album. Unexpectedly, Mr Han said yes ...

The above from my vague memory. I couldn't find the Chin-subbed video from my hard disk. Hope others can correct/provide accurate translation.

• heich 2012.10.10 11:43
    18:07
    Q. I heard there's a song you composed and wrote yourself?
    In our Japanese single album called "Now or Never", I composed and wrote the lyrics for the 4th track called "Just Please".
    To explain the background, I couldn't fall asleep (one night) so I turned on the piano. It was a gloomy, rainy day, too. Tapping some chords on the piano, the music seemed to express what I was feeling in my heart. I asked around (probably HSH, didn't specify here) if we could use the song, and I was told it's nice, it's good. So I wrote the lyrics that went with the song, too. That's how it happened. It's a really nice song, so please take a listen.

Sorry late, just got home :)
  • klaritia 2012.10.10 11:57

Thank you!!! Each and every detail counts. :=)

• checkinout 2012.10.10 22:50
    Thanks to you both! He's too humble: "just tapping some chords on the piano" ... that song is epic... love that it is so emotional without being whiny!
  • mystarYH 2012.10.10 09:07
    Thank you, Klaritia!!

오랫만에 보는 인터뷰인데 용화의 풋풋함에 저절로 광대가 올라가네요ㅋㅋ
    조안님께 감사인사 전하는 건 처음 봤어요. 어찌나 말투가 조곤조곤^^
    가정이 화목한 것 도 학교 선생님들께 사랑받는 학창시절 보낸것도 다 이미 증명되었죠?ㅋㅋ
    사장님께 노래불러도 되냐고 허락맡는것도 우쭈쭈ㅋㅋ
  • 아보카도망고 2014.06.08 02:03
    와~~!! 저 유툽에서 우연히 보고 다시 보고 싶어서 찾던 영상인데.. 못 찾았거든요... 여기서 보네요. 감사합니다.

Thank you, Klaritia!!

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
113 인터뷰 【E】 Hanako No.969 (2010년 4/22호) 첫걸음마부터 가르쳐 준 근석형에게 감사 3 file 2012.09.27 36032 1
112 인터뷰 【E】韓国TVドラマ VOL 36(한국TV 드라마 VOL 36) 정용화 인터뷰 file 2012.09.27 34154 0
111 인터뷰 한국TV드라마 vol.50 file 2012.10.06 33232 1
110 인터뷰 Vogue Korea 2014.08 삼총사 특집 (용화 관련부분) 27 2014.07.20 32478 16
109 인터뷰 한국 TV 드라마 vol.46 - 정용화 인터뷰 file 2012.10.03 31090 0
108 인터뷰 2010.01.01 tvN 스쿠프 정용화 tvN Scoop Jung Yong Hwa 1 2012.10.10 14798 0
107 인터뷰 【E】 [HIGH CUT vol.16] SUPER STAR SPECIAL 《미남이시네요》 스무살 우리 생애 최고의 드라마 6 file 2012.09.24 14612 0
» 인터뷰 [e] 2009.11.18 ETN The Interview #25 - Jung Yong Hwa 8 2012.10.09 13897 4
105 인터뷰 MORE 2012년 1월호 file 2012.10.06 13148 0
104 인터뷰 PATi★ACT Volume12 정용화 인터뷰 file 2012.10.06 12924 1
103 인터뷰 [VOGUE GIRL] 정용화 인터뷰-MAYBE TOMORROW file 2012.09.26 11488 0
102 인터뷰 [HIGH CUT vol.19] oh! MY SWEET BOY 《미남이시네요》신우형 정용화의 따뜻한 겨울 이야기 1 file 2012.09.24 10230 1
101 인터뷰 [e] 2009.11.12 2009 Mnet Rising Star ~ Jung Yong Hwa 3 2012.10.10 9919 2
100 인터뷰 정용화/My name is… 1 file 2012.09.24 9393 0
99 인터뷰 2009.09.24 You're Beautiful Press Conference (video) 1 2012.10.11 8102 1
98 인터뷰 미남이시네요 가이드북2-Park Shin-Hye(박신혜)xJung Yong-Hwa(정용화) file 2012.10.02 8078 1
97 인터뷰 Esquire Korea 2014.08 "아무나 정용화가 될 수 없다" 35 2014.07.22 7702 27
96 인터뷰 한국TV드라마 가이드 vol. 28 - 진짜 좋아♡미남이시네요 특집, A.N.JELL에게 묻는다! Part3 : 신우 file 2012.09.27 7458 0
95 인터뷰 미남이시네요 공식 가이드북1 - 정용화 인터뷰 6 file 2012.09.27 7382 1
94 인터뷰 2009.12 Japan Magazine 女性自身 Jung Yong Hwa Interview 3 file 2012.10.11 7154 0
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
/ 6