?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
For Korean: http://justjyh.com/xe/182241?l=ko

K-Boy Actor's Interview"It was so fun playing the role of Seju"

Drama "Marry him if you dare"
Jung Yonghwa, who had played roles that are related to music, played a man older than himself in "MHIYD". What's the reason he chose this drama?

-The drama has a unique concept. First, let us know the appeal of "MHIYD".
It's an interesting drama that potrays something that everyone imagines, of returning to the past and changing relationships and fate. I decided to appear because the drama was interesting. Also, I've played younger characters than my age, so I wanted to play someone older.

-Park Seju is 28 years old. How did it feel to play him?
It was very fun acting as him. It was a fulfilling time filming this drama.

-Who is Park Seju in your view?
First, Seju is an inheritor of YBS, the media empire. But as he wants to understand how the production actually works, he enters Kim Shin's team as a cameraman. He makes friends, meets Mirae, and experiences many things.

-What do you think is Seju's charm?
That he's nice? He's friendly and caring to others, but is very strict about his work. 

-Yonghwa and Seju, how are you similar and different?
The difference is that Seju in a chaebol family and I am not (laughs). I think we have...many similarities. First, we have similar personalities. We're both outgoing and give all we have for our work. We also differentiate clearly our work and private lives. I think those are similar things.

-Was there any advice from the director or the writer for playing Seju?
Both the diretor and the writer created a character that suited me. Beyond that, they told me "Do as you want," so I was able to act as I interpreted the script. In this way, you could say I made it alone...Of course, I don't mean that I made the drama on my own. I think I was able to digest my role on my own. I'm satisfied about that.

-You were praised as an actor in this drama.
I just tried hard...I'm glad that the viewers and the media gave me compliments.

-Seju and Mirae have a huge gap between their lifestyles. How did Seju fall for Mirae?
The biggest reason was...when Seju met Mirae first in Jeju island, he felt how free she was. Though he looks like a free person on the outside, because he needs to inherit the company later on, he's not as free from himself. I think that's why Seju was attracted to Mirae. Also, he liked her more and more as he saw how she works hard and began to want to help her. 

-There's an opposite, calculating character, Yukyung. Which one is your type?
I like...both. What if we combine them and divide into two?

-Which parts?
Hmm...their similarity is their cheerful and bright personality. Such a woman is my type. That's why I think both are attractive.

-And both are beautiful as well (laughs).
Yes (laughs).

-Seju has a strong rival, Kim Shin. What's PSJ's charm that KS doesn't have?
Perhaps how sensitive he is? KS isn't the type that expresses what he feels in his heart. Seju knows how to express them. That seems like the difference.

-The place where Seju and Mirae first met was the sea. Seju goes head over heels for Mirae and stares at her when she's swimming in the sea. What kind of look of women captivates you like that?
Something that captivates me...is when I watch a show with tasty food. I don't stare at women like that...but I do that when delicious food comes out.

-While drooling?
Yes, drooling (laughs).

-Among the Japanese fans, the scene where you share a blanket with Mirae is popular. What left a deep impression for you during the filming?
I'd have to say it's the scene where Seju falls in love at first sight with Mirae in Jeju island. The scene Seju falls for Mirae when she goes into the sea is the most memorable for me. Another part when I first listen to music with Mirae at the music room is also very memorable. 

-I heard there was an incident during the filming. That you met some scary people.
Yes (laughs). I'm in the same agency as Lee Donggun sunbae who plays Kim Shin. One day, as we were filling up at a gas station, a car that I saw many times came in behind us. I thought "Oh, that's Donggun sunbae" and went to say hello. But it turns out some scary people were in the car. I was startled...and called our car right away, so the manager quickly drove the car.

-That was a big deal. Though you're a rival in love with KS played by LDG, what did you talk about with him at the set?
We talked about many things. He took care of me since the beginning. He's a sunbae who leads, someone I can rely on. I learned much from him during the filming.

-You acted with YEH, HCA, and LDG. Were there any changes to their images during the filming? Was there anything difficult?
LDG sunbae is a very reserved, calm person. Certainly, he's very funny when he jokes. He had the exact same images as I expected. He's a sunbaeI really admire.
Because YEH-ssi is such a senior to me as a singer as well, I was worried whether she would be strict to me. But when I met her in person, she wasn't like that at all. She was such an interesting person. She cared for me as her partner, and I don't think I've seen someone as outgoing as her before. When the staff were tired at the set, she always brightened up the atmosphere.
About HCA-ssi, we were both tense at first to be honest. But we became close during the filming, and we now joke around. She's a very funny person, even reacts well to my jokes (laughs). I want to work with everyone again.

-All the dramas you had appeared were related to music. In this drama, you're a chaebol inheritor who has nothing to do with music. Were there any difficulties in that sense?
I didn't want to appear in a drama related to music. Because I'm a singer, I didn't want to play something that resembles my real self. I think that's why I was attracted to "MHIYD". Seju is a role that I really wanted to play. I was confident I'd do well, too.

-For those who will anticipate the DVDs, I won't reveal how it ends. How would you like it to end?
Wouldn't it be nice if it ends as the viewers want? (laughs) It'd be interesting if the fans decided who will end up with whom (laughs).

-Definitely (laughs). Time-slip is an important component of this drama. If you can meet yourself in the past, when would you return to, and which advice would you give?
Honestly, I'm satisfied with how I am now, so I don't want to change anything. I think I'm fortunate at the moment...if something bad happens later, I want to change that.

-Which side of Seju do you want the Japanese fans to focus on?
I want them to see how I long for one woman on one hand and on another hand, gives his life for his work. Later in the show, he has a masculine charm as a boss as well. Please keep watching and send love to Seju.

-How do you expect yourself, or what do you want to be 25 years later?
25 years later....even then, I want to be happy with my family and friends. Rather than a big dream, I want to live happily. I want to continue doing what I want to do, too.

-Is that singing and acting?
Yes.

-Your popularity as both singer and actor must deprive you of break time. Do you have your own way to release stress?
Nothing special. When I don't have schedule, I think it's best to sleep. But no matter how tired I am, concerts are something entirely different. The energy I use for 2 hours of concert keep gushing out despite fatigue. It works when I'm enjoying it.

-Do you contact CNBLUE's members during dramas? Let us know how the members reacted to your drama.
Since we live together, when I go home they always tell me "I saw the drama." They praise me and encourage me.

-Is there a character you want to challenge in future acting?
I want to try diverse characters. There's nothing in particular. I want to appear in any good drama. 

*The original text was provided by klaritia. Thank you!
**When you repost, please copy less than 1/2 and credit us with a link.
***Throughout the interview, the same Q&A from DATV's special interview are included. I translated as it was in the interview for the record, but you can watch what he actually said here: http://justjyh.com/xe/acting/158411 

• BLUEwind☆ 2014.08.09 22:50
    오랜만에 세주 이야기를 듣게되니 반갑네요^^ 좋은 공부가 되었길...
  • littlelynn 2014.08.09 22:52
    "Something that captivates me...is when I watch a show with tasty food. I don't stare at women like that...but I do that when delicious food comes out." omg hahahaha!
  • jj 2014.08.09 22:52
    공과 사가 분명한 이 남자...매력이 많아도 너무 많아요..어쩜 이래ㅎㅎㅎ
  • mystarYH 2014.08.09 23:42
    인터뷰 너무 좋네요. 세주로서의 인터뷰도 귀해서 참 기분좋게 읽었습니다
    진짜 세주는 용화와 비슷한점이 가득한거같아요. 재벌아니지만, 부자인거까지ㅋㅋㅋ
  • anne 2014.08.10 00:48
    I love this interview. It was very insightful. I hope he gets anothet chance to work with all of them again. :)))
  • bluish2012 2014.08.10 00:49
    Q: What kind of look of women captivates you like that?
    A: Something that captivates me...is when I watch a show with tasty food. I don't stare at women like that...but I do that when delicious food comes out.

can't stop LOL-ing when I saw that ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ cute innocently JYH ㅋㅋ
    Thank you for the trans ^^
  • sakuratint 2014.08.10 03:03
    Can't stop laughing when he says he stares and drools when delicious food comes out ^^ YH is really too adorable ^^ Really want JYH to continue living happily and doing what he loves doing most in the next 25 years and more :)

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Date Views Votes
687 News '삼총사' 스토리·라인업·볼거리, 지루할 틈 없다 file 2014.08.11 1518 1
686 News [삼총사 TTM] 정용화, 삼총사의 운명적 첫 만남 포착 Jung Yonghwa's Fateful First Encounter with the Three Musketeers 2 file 2014.08.10 2230 3
685 Photos [삼총사 TTM] 열혈 무관이 이렇게 아련해도 되나요? Can a Passionate Warrior be this Dreamy? 2 file 2014.08.10 1901 4
684 Video 게스트 달향~ Guest Dalhyang @CSMY 2014.08.09 9 2014.08.10 1639 2
» Interview [미래의선택 MHIYD] 2014.08 K-Boys Paradise Vol. 14 7 2014.08.09 3523 13
682 Photos [Scan] K-Boys Paradise Vol.14 4 file 2014.08.09 3341 7
681 Video [삼총사 TTM] 1회 예고 Ep. 1 Preview (15 sec.) 3 2014.08.08 2276 2
680 Video [삼총사 TTM] 1회 예고 Ep. 1 Preview 6 2014.08.08 2446 5
679 Photos [삼총사 TTM] 총쏘는 달향! Dalhyang w/a GUN! 6 file 2014.08.08 3008 6
678 BTS [삼총사 TTM] 티저 촬영 현장 메이킹 Teaser BTS 15 2014.08.07 2997 5
677 Fan Art [TTM] Park Dalhyang version trailer 2 2014.08.06 2221 6
676 News [삼총사 TTM] 인물관계도 Character Relations Chart 1 2014.08.06 2042 2
675 Video [삼총사 TTM] 새 트레일러 New Trailer 15 2014.08.06 2715 5
674 News ‘삼총사’, 정용화 인기 힘입어 해외 뜨거운 관심 ‘한드 기대작 등극’ Overseas Attention on TTM thanks to JYH's Popularity 5 2014.08.04 2856 5
673 Photos [삼총사 TTM] 촬영중인 달향과 승포 DH and SP during filming 1 file 2014.08.04 2392 4
672 News [삼총사 TTM] 김병수 감독 인터뷰 PD Kim Byungsoo Interview 15 2014.08.04 3355 7
671 Photos [삼총사 TTM] 달향 대표이미지 Dalhyang's New Poster 8 file 2014.08.03 3972 6
670 Photos [직찍 Fan-taken] 2014.07.31 촬영장에서 On the set 6 file 2014.08.01 2039 3
669 BTS [넌내반 HS] Official site videos compiled: Yonghwa/Lee Shin Cut 12 2014.08.01 3422 4
668 News 【E】[삼총사 TTM] 정용화, 카리스마 검객 변신 JYH turns into a Charismatic Swordsman 5 file 2014.07.31 4093 10
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 69 Next
/ 69