본문 바로가기
조회 수 1417 추천 수 7 댓글 19
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

[헤럴드POP=박수정 기자]

숫자 대신 음악으로 말한다. 데뷔 7주년을 맞은 씨엔블루는 자신들의 길을 걷고 있다. 

밴드 씨엔블루는 지난 20일 일곱 번째 미니앨범 ‘7°CN’을 발표하고 지난 23일 Mnet ‘엠카운트다운’에서 타이틀곡 '헷갈리게' 첫 방송 무대를 공개했다. 이날 헤럴드POP과 만난 씨엔블루는 “1년 만에 컴백했는데 국내 팬분들이 기다리는 것 같아 빨리 돌아오고 싶었다”며 “외국에서만 있다오니까 죄송한 마음이 크다”고 애틋한 컴백 소감을 전했다. 

타이틀곡 ‘헷갈리게’는 연애하기 전 애매한 남녀간의 관계와 ‘썸’의 헷갈리는 감정을 표현한 팝록 장르의 곡이다. 경쾌한 리듬의 전반부에서 록 사운드가 강한 후렴구로 이어지는 독특한 전개가 인상적인 것으로 알려졌다. 

정용화와 Justin Reinstein이 협업한 ‘헷갈리게’는 정용화가 송캠프에서 만난 작곡가와 3일 내내 작곡을 함께 하면서 탄생된 곡이다. 정용화는 “3일 동안 엄청 많은 곡을 썼다. 재미있었다”며 “오랜만에 공동 작업을 했는데 새로운 사람들과 작업을 하니 신선했다. 원래 말도 안 되는 영어로 가이드를 부를 때가 많았는데 이번엔 제대로 가이드 가사를 썼다. 미국을 노려볼까 생각하게 됐다”고 웃었다.

‘헷갈리게’는 회사와 멤버들이 만장일치로 선택한 타이틀곡. 정용화는 “송캠프가 끝나고 회사에서 다 같이 노래를 들었는데 모두가 이 노래를 타이틀로 정하더라”며 “송캠프에서 4곡을 썼는데 다 좋다. '잇츠 유'(It's You)도 거기서 탄생된 것이고, 다른 곡들도 써놓은 게 있다”고 말했다. 정용화는 지금도 Justin Reinstein과 작업을 이어나가고 있다며 앞으로 작업물도 기대케 했다. 

멤버들도 ‘헷갈리게’에 대해 “노래가 너무 좋다”고 입을 모았다. 강민혁은 “정말 좋다고, 믿고 듣는다고 하는 것이 괜히 그렇게 이야기하는 것이 아니다”며 “한국에서는 음원차트가 중요하고 보여주는 지표라 무시하지는 못한다. 그러나 우리는 좋은 노래를 들고 나오기 때문에 못 듣는 사람이 손해다”고 자신 있게 말했다. 이종현은 “노래 진짜 잘 만든다”고 정용화를 추켜세웠다. 

그동안 음악적 성장을 거듭해온 씨엔블루는 올해 데뷔 7주년을 맞았다. 정용화는 “가끔 생각해보면 오늘 방송에 하이라이트도 있지만, 같이 활동하던 가수들을 시상식에서도 만나기 힘들어졌다. 그때가 재미있었는데...”라며 “잘 버텼다는 느낌이 든다. 예전에는 음원 성적에 좌절을 많이 했다. 13위 정도만 되도 망했다고 생각했는데 이제는 아니다"라고 7주년 소회를 전했다.

“음원 순위에 좌지우지할 건 아니다. 지금까지 버틴 것만 해도 대단하다”고 말한 정용화는 “대중이 생각하기에는 음원성적이 다가 아니라는 걸 느낀다”며 자신의 음악적 뚝심과 팬들을 향한 고마움을 드러냈다. 

7주년을 맞은 씨엔블루는 올해 그 어느 때보다 국내에서 ‘열일’하겠다고 각오를 전했다. 이종현은 “외국을 많이 가서 서운해 하셨을 팬들에 대해 심심한 사과의 말씀 드린다”며 “이번엔 거짓말이 아니다. 올해는 음악활동을 많이 할 것이다”고 기대를 모았다.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201703240040297498674_1

*Gist of YH's parts:

YH wrote "Between Us" with a composer (Justin) he met at a song camp. he composed with Justin for 3 days straight. 
YH: "I wrote so many songs in 3 days, it was fun. It'd been a while since I collaborated and it was refreshing to work with new people. I used to sing guide versions in broken English, but this time it was done properly. I came to think, maybe I should target the US." (laughs)

"Between Us" was picked unanimously by all members. YH: "After the song camp was over, we listened to the song together at the company. Everyone picked this song. I wrote 4 songs at the song camp and they're all good. It's You was written there. I have more songs written." He said he's still collaborating with Justin Reinstein :D 

He adds, "I used to be devastated by digital chart rankings. I thought ranking around 13 was a flop. But no more. I won't be swayed by digital charts, it's great enough that we withstood this far. I don't think the chart ranking is everything when it comes to the public's thoughts (on our music)." 

The article closes with CNB promising to have more activities in Korea.

• anonymous 2017.03.24 07:42
    Thanks!!! OMG, Yong Hwa!!! So much respect these young musician!!
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 07:42
    저스틴과는 어떻게 만나게됐나 궁금했는데 송캠프였군요. 최근 송캠프를 중심으로 작업이 마니 이뤄지는 추세던데, 용화도 송캠프에 참가했다니 신선하고 놀랍기도해요
    갠적으론 헷갈리게랑 잇츠유 두곡 다 너무 잘 뽑혀서 나머지 곡들도 궁금하네요
    3일내내 곡만들고 있었을 용화가 멋있기도하고ㅎㅎ
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 08:44
    솔로앨범 2집에도 담길수 있을런지 ㅋㅋㅋ 넘나 기대됩니다!! 저스틴과의 작업물이 정말 시너지가 좋아요.
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 08:20
    I was really worried about his feeling when i saw results in korean charts. but he is really strong and i'm sooo happy to see him like
    that. Dear leader just go your way
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 11:12
    "The article closes with CNB promising to have more activities in Korea." - Seeing how FNC is handling this comeback, maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up about this one. Also, I love him with all my heart but they say this every year but in most cases it doesn't happen. I really hope this time, he can do more activities in Korea. The variety show appearances are a good start, I guess.
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 12:39
    It's interesting to know that he went for a song camp, always learning to improve his already awesome skills and it seems like he enjoyed himself while working with other composers. I'm so proud that the song is garnering great reviews, some even from past skeptics. While he doesn't care about the chart rankings but I so want the song to chart well just to shut up some of the haters, but anyway he's mature enough to know that what he is doing is what he enjots and that is the most important.
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 13:02
    What is a song camp anyways?
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 15:07
    It's kinda like a workshop where artists gather together for a few days and brainstorm ideas... seems like YH really focused and actually wrote for 3 days straight :D
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 13:10

I can't help wondering if the song camp took place in the US or Korea.

• anonymous 2017.03.24 15:08
    Pretty sure it was in Korea. YH was too busy to be abroad for a few days, and he would have been surely noticed if he went to the airport^^
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 14:16
    He said, of course, he was worry about the charts, I think he still is (it's in human nature, after all).
    Therefore, I'm so sad seeing after a really difficult year since Blumeeing they have not enough support in Korea, even if they come with a really good and solid album... I know it's a new generation of K-Pop, but their music is so original, all the time somehow re-invented, what else people are expecting from a band apart of dancing?
    I read on a Youtube comment that for this comeback they will not benefit by Korean and Chinese Yonghwa's fanbase, which I want to think it is a mistake otherwise it is a pity - he is the leader of CNBLUE, he has the responsibility and he will receive most of the blame, especially as he was involved in last year "problem", which still seems to appear in some reviews, even from Billboard. Therefore, IMO, more than before, he needs all the support, even it's not his solo, which everyone is expected ASAP. He is trying his best participating in different variety shows and being more exposed... He seems already a little bit tired with all the promotions...
    Fighting Yonghwa, be strong and always be happy and inspired!
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 16:49
    "especially as he was involved in last year "problem", which still seems to appear in some reviews, even from Billboard."

You do know that he was "actually" not involved at all, right? But his company deemed it right to involve an innocent person to take away attention from those who are really "involved". It's one of the reasons why some fans are making a stand this comeback. For years, CNBLUE has greatly benefitted from Yonghwa's fans. A lot of group fans love to criticize "YH only" fans but in fact they have made huge contributions to the group's success. I always knew they're a huge contributor to CNBLUE's success in charts especially album sales but I really didn't expect it to be this huge. As I see it now, majority of this group's sales come from YH's fans. What do they get from fully supporting the group for years? FNC blatantly favoring a member and using their fave as a shield for another member and the company. If the group was so important, why didn't FNC protect him the same way they protected the other one who's actually involved? Also, why is he and his fans being burdened so much when there are other 3 members in the group? Where are their fans? Why aren't people outraged by lack of support from the others' fans? YH fans have saved FNC's a** for years for their lackluster promo of the group. Any fan who blames YH for what's happening now should reflect on themselves. Group fans who insisted that the group don't need personal fans should reflect as well. It's all empty when they can't walk the talk.

That said, I'm not happy about the low sales at all. Between You and It's You are both beautiful creations. It's sad it has to come to this point. I've done what I can for this comeback. Bought copies for myself, streaming, voting etc. At this point, I'm just really looking forward to the solo. I just hope solo won't be compromised because of what's happening to the group comeback.
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 17:11

I think the first commenter knows YH's not at fault. But I agree with how the commenter said YH needed a full support for this comeback, regardless of how FNC treated him. To the public's eyes, who have no idea what's really been done to YH, it'll just look like YH lost a bunch of his fanbase (due to a fault of his own). It's not like the fans who aren't buying are making a specific statement to give people the context.

• anonymous 2017.03.24 17:28
    Shouldn't it be "CNBLUE lost a bunch of their fanbase". Unless, you're saying CNBLUE is only Yonghwa. However, that seems the case with how some fans are reacting on twitter with some personal fans choosing not to support, I bet that when sales are high, it's all because fans of all 4 did well. Sales are low so people needed to find someone to blame. Why can't we blame the lack of group support then since this is a group release anyway? Just like you, I wish he could have gotten more support but seriously group fans shouldn't put the burden on personal fans to save the album sales. I really don't like that when things get tough, it seems Yonghwa is alone with the burden but when all's good, it's always a group achievement. Where are the group fans this comeback?
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 17:44

Well, I'm talking about the public's eyes, and in their eyes it's quite YH=CNB. I'm saying how they won't find out what really happened just cuz of this. All they will think is that YH lost his popularity. So regardless of non-YH fans who don't support the album, it's just my personal opinion that YH fans should've supported this comeback. Of course I can't force anyone. But I still can't find any positivity from their "desired effect" -- is it to let FNC know YH fans carry most of the weight? They already know, but still have been harsh to him (it could even be the reason they were harsh to him, cuz they want to divide the popularity). The stupid management won't change anything because of this, if not stash CNB even further to the back. In the end, all the career damage goes to Yonghwa.

• anonymous 2017.03.25 05:49
    I totally agree with you, in that the general public equate CNB to YH and if the group fails, it's seen as his failure. When a company does not earn money from an artist, that's the start of the artist's decline cos he/she is no longer raking in the money. I feel that YH had so much freedom to do his music because he was earning good money for the company and so they let him be. Things will change if the album does not do well. Any money grabing company (esp his company) will cut loss and start to focus on others, so to me, it is important that anything he does becomes a commercial success. That's the only way to ensure his continued survival in this game.
  • anonymous 2017.03.25 18:25
    I didn't say Yonghwa was involved (in my heart I know he will not do something to compromise himself), all I said is his name was used and as I underlined, the problem is still in the memory of some and because of that they will have a reason to blame him. That's why he needs all the support from his fans.
    What everybody knows the problem is his management company, but they will never assume that - it's a common technique called yellow journalism to put the guilt to someone else who has the best and immaculate image and as all knows Yonghwa, unfortunately, fits in that "profile".

He is the frontman of CnBlue, he put a lot of effort in this album (3/6 are his compositions, one is the title track and in one he contributes to the lyrics), so it's evident he will receive the most blame... As someone else said, it's a CNblue album, therefore they need the support from all the members' fans. if Yonghwa would have in the meantime another album, then I agree the thinks could be seen different, but this is the first one since the "problem", therefore I don't want the guilt to be on his side, that's all. Even when his name was "immaculate' there were enough CNBLUE's fans, but Yonghwa's anti-fans, therefore they don't need another reason to blame him. More important he, emotionally, will suffer, I hope he still can have another solo soon to demonstrate he still have a huge fanbase. I hope he will not suffer restrictions, in terms of music composition or other individual activities.

He really doesn't deserve that, therefore fighting Yonghwa! Always be happy, strong, healthy and inspired!
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 15:04
    He is so much stronger than what we think. I'm glad. I just hope he knows that we are still here supporting him. Thank you for the trans!
  • anonymous 2017.03.24 18:39
    Yes he is strong. But i still hope the album will do well. It will become a great strength for him.

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
33 인터뷰 [네버스탑 Never Stop] 연습실에서 Practice Room in Tokyo (w/ soft subs) 5 2014.07.18 2312 6
32 인터뷰 정용화 “반항적인 노래? 분노 마일리지 쌓고 있다” [인터뷰] 5 2015.01.27 2646 6
31 인터뷰 [주간여성 週刊女性] 솔로데뷔 화보/인터뷰 Solo Debut Pictorials/Interview 2015.03.17 7 file 2015.03.17 3536 6
30 인터뷰 2015.05.21 바이두 음악대인물 인터뷰 Baidu Big Names in Music 14 2015.05.22 2802 6
29 인터뷰 [라디오 Radio] 2013.02.04 SBS 김창렬의 올드스쿨 KCY's Old School 14 2013.02.04 7079 7
28 인터뷰 【E】[EMTG] 2013.04.26 (부분번역 partial trans) 4 file 2013.04.27 10366 7
27 인터뷰 [스캔/번역 Scan/Trans] 2013.9 B=PASS 10 file 2013.08.02 6643 7
26 인터뷰 【E】 The Story of CNBLUE/NEVER STOP 무대인사 녹취록 부분번역 Premiere Transcript (partial) 12 2013.12.17 5216 7
» 인터뷰 [팝인터뷰]씨엔블루 “‘헷갈리게’, 못 듣는 사람이 손해” 19 2017.03.24 1417 7
24 인터뷰 [Rolling Pod] - with Kim Youngdae (Translated transcript) (Part 1+2) 4 2023.10.17 1267 7
23 인터뷰 【E】excite 싱글 Robot 인터뷰 6 file 2013.01.21 10524 8
22 인터뷰 【E】다저스타디움 '한국의 밤' 행사 빛낸 K팝 스타 Kpop Stars Grace 'Korea Night' at the Dodger Stadium 3 2014.05.30 2863 8
21 인터뷰 【E】HK Roadshow Interview Before CS HK (Partial translation) 12 file 2014.06.18 2772 8
20 인터뷰 B-PASS 2014.09 (용화 부분) 14 2014.08.14 4455 8
19 인터뷰 기자회견 개별인터뷰 Presscon Individual Interview 2014.10.25 MBC 코리아 뮤직 웨이브 Korea Music Wave 13 2014.10.25 4185 8
18 인터뷰 어느 멋진 정용화① 팬들이 묻는다, 음악인 정용화, 인간 정용화 13 2015.02.05 4602 8
17 인터뷰 【E】씨엔블루, 7년차 밴드에게 찾아온 여유의 힘 (인터뷰①) 6 2016.04.07 2591 8
16 인터뷰 (Engsub) KCONNY17 CNBLUE Fan Engagement Yonghwa cut 7 2017.06.25 2507 8
15 인터뷰 Kpopstarz 중국어판: 피터 말릭과의 단독 인터뷰 - 정용화와의 콜라보에 대해 Exclusive Interview with Peter Malick - Music Collaboration with Jung Yong Hwa 7 2015.02.09 4322 9
14 인터뷰 [스타캐스트 Starcast] 7℃N 관련 부분 Interview on 7℃N 9 2017.03.17 1815 9
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next
/ 17