단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

오역 오타 지적 환영합니다

용화씨 관련 인터뷰만 번역했습니다

*Please scroll down for English!

씨엔블루, 일본 데뷔 5주년, 대망의 다섯 번째 앨범 <EUPHORIA>

EMTG:앨범 <EUPHORIA>의 리드곡 'Glory days'도 선행 싱글인 'Puzzle'도 긍정적인 곡이죠. 'In My Head'로 메이저 데뷔를 했을 무렵엔 갈등과 초조함 같은 감정을 테마로 한 리드곡이 많았는데, 용화 씨 내면에 그 5년 동안 어떤 변화가 있었던 건가요?

용화 : 역시 긍정적인 음악을 들으면, 기분도 좋아지잖아요. 우리 음악을 듣고, 여러분이 행복해졌으면 하는 마음이 커졌어요. 예전에는 생각대로 안 되는 일이 있으면, 그걸 곡으로 만든 적도 있어요. 지금은 음악을 하는 환경이 매우 행복하다라는 것도 큰 것 같아요.

EMTG:앨범 타이틀 <EUPHORIA>도 "행복"이란 의미잖아요

용화: 리드곡 'Glory days'는, 우리를 이렇게 성장시켜준 팬 여러분들에게 "앞으로도 계속 함께, 더 멋진 곳으로 가자!"라는 메시지와 감사하는 마음을 담은 곡이에요. 

EMTG:'Glory days'는 , 씨엔블루가 BOICE(팬)에게 보내는 러브레터로군요.

용화 : 맞아요. 가사의 "첫 발걸음"은, 우리가 무사수행을 하러 일본에 왔던 2009년을 말해요. 우리는 일본에서 밴드의 이모저모를 배웠잖아요. 관객이 하나도 없는 길거리 라이브로 시작했을 때도, 꿈이 실현된 지금도, BOICE가 있어서 성공할 수 있었고, 행복해질 수 있었어요. 미래에도 계속 그런 빛나는 하루하루를 함께 보내자는 의미예요. 

EMTG:"첫 발걸음"이 길거리 라이브라면, "그날 본 머나먼 곳"은요? 'Take me higher'의 "목표로 해야할 곳"이나, "Royal Rumble'의 "새로운 stage"나, 이번 앨범의 용화 씨의 곡에는, 다음 장소에 관한 가사가 많은 것 같아요.

용화 " 다음으로 목표하는 장소는, 도쿄 돔? 여러분을 모시고 가야죠.

용화 : 일본에 데뷔했을 때는 "전용기로 월드 투어하고 싶다"거나 하는, 큰 꿈만 꿔왔어요. "지금은 성공했나?"같은 것은, 당사자는 모르는 거지만, 돌아보면, 한 걸음 한 걸음 착실하게 계단을 올라왔구나 싶은... 월드 투어는 실현됐고요. "도쿄 돔에서 라이브를 하고 싶다"라는 것도, 일본 데뷔했을 때부터 말해 왔잖아요. 우리에게 있어 산의 정상처럼 목표로 해야 할 장소인 거죠.

EMTG:정신 씨의 'Stay with me'도 팬들에 대한 감사를 표현한 곡이라 할 수 있죠. 전작 앨범 'colors'에 수록된 첫 자작곡 'Daisy'는 용화 씨와 함게 만들었지만, 이번에는 공동작이 아니네요.  

용화 : 정신이는 'Daisy'와 'Stay with me', 어느 쪽이 좋아? 'Daisy'지?

정신 : 악, 고를 수 없어! 하지만, 역시 최신곡이니까 'Stay with me'?(웃음)

EMTG:'Daisy'가 완성됐을 때 용화 씨는, "곡을 처음 만들 때 특유의 좋은 점이 있다"라고 말했는데, 이번에는 어떤가요?

용화 : 정신이다움이 곡에 드러났다고 생각해요. 처음 들었을 때, '아 이건 정신이 곡이구나'하고 바로 알았어요. 

용화 : 처음엔 ' 또 같이 만들자'라는 얘기도 나왔는데, 이번에는 정신이 자신의 이미지를 직접 형태로 만드는 편이 좋겠다고 생각했어요. 

EMTG:이번 'Stay with me'에서는, 작곡자인 정신 씨가 용화 씨의 보컬 디렉션을 했나요?  

정신 : 아아뇨, 제가 용화 형에게 노래에 관해 이래라저래라 하는 것은 주제넘죠, 무리예요(웃음).

용화 : 저는 정신이에게, '이 곡은 직접 부르는 게 좋지 않아?"라고 조언했는데, 안 부르는 거예요. 직접 부르지 않으면, 내가 노래할 때의 기분을 모르잖아! 

정신 : 용화 형에게 자신감을 주려고, 가이드 보컬은 내가 했잖아요. 

EMTG:디렉션 얘기가 나와서 말인데, 용화 씨와 종현 씨는, 각자 자신의 곡을 디렉션하시죠? 

용화 : 네, 종현이는, 곡에 뭐가 필요한지 아니까, 맡겨요. 

종현 : 서로 씨엔블루를 잘 아니까, 서로의 곡은 기본적으로 맡겨요(웃음). 처음에 곡을 듣잖아요, 그 후, 보컬 파트를 나누는데, 늘 생각한 대로예요. 우리 생각은 늘 같아요.

EMTG:'Royal Rumble'은 굉장히 용화 씨다운 곡이라고 생각했어요. 리드곡은 대중성을 추구해야 하지만, 이 곡의 멜로디나 트랙에는 현재의 용화 씨가 반영되어 있어, 곡의 경쾌함과는 반대로 가사에는 예전 자주 써 왔던 초조함이 나오기도 하고요.

용화 : 맞아요. 저도 이 곡이 앨범 안에서 개인적으로 가장 좋아요. 'Royal Rumble'은 미국 프로레슬링 단체 WWE의 배틀 로열을 말하는데요. 싸운 후, 이긴 사람이 링에 남고, 다시 다른 사람이 들어와 승자와 싸우죠. 30~40 명이 이걸 반복해요. 이겨도 바로, 또 싸워요. 계속 싸워야만 해요. 어린 시절 이걸 보고, 굉장히 인상에 남았어요. 저도 그렇지만, 누구나 계속 싸우잖아요? 

EMTG:작년에 용화 씨가 솔로 활동을 했을 때, 스물일곱(한국 나이. 일본에서는 스물여섯)에 스물일곱 곡을 만들었으니까, 내년엔 스물여덟 곡을 만들겠다고 했는데, 실현됐나요?

용화 : 하려고 했는데(웃음). 지금까지 열심히 많이 만들었으니까, 올해는 제 영감(inspiration)을 소중히 여겨, 조금씩 만들어 나가려고요. 마음먹고 편하게 만들기로 했어요. 여태까지는, 드라마 촬영을 하면서도 계속 곡을 만들었어요. 계속 '빨리 달리고 싶다', '질주하고 싶다'라고 생각하며 해왔지만, 조금 속도를 늦추고, 천천히 하나하나 소중하게 생각하면서 해 나가고 싶다는 생각이 들어서요. 

EMTG : 11월 2일 마쿠하리 멧세 이벤트 홀을 시작으로, 11월 30일 무도관까지, 약 한 달에 걸친  <CNBLUE 5th ANNIVERSARY ARENA TOUR 2016 -Our Glory Days->가 전국적으로 개최됩니다. 지금 바로 눈앞에서 한창 세트리스트를 짜고 있는 중인데요(웃음).

용화 : 기념이라서, 뭔가 스페셜한 것을 하고 싶어요. 신곡이나 편곡, 무대 세트 등. 팬 여러분들이 기뻐할 수 있는 것을 생각하고 있으니, 기대해 주세요!

EMTG :12월 10일, 11일에는 마쿠하리 멧세에서, 매년 하는 <2016 FNC KINGDOM IN JAPAN - CREEPY NIGHTS->도 열립니다. 소속사 아티스트들이 한자리에 모이는 가운데, 씨엔블루는 어떤 퍼포먼스를 보여주실 건가요?

용화 : 페스티벌이라서, 와 주시는 분들은 씨엔블루 팬만은 아니잖아요? 그래서, 우리의 좋은 점을 압축해서 보여줄 수 있는 필살 세트 리스트를 준비하고 싶어요. 최고의 라이브를 보여드리겠습니다!

*Eng trans by heich_

*Only the parts related to Yonghwa are translated/Please feel free to point out errors!

CNBLUE’s 5th Japan Debut Anniversary, the long-awaited 5th album ‘Euphoria’

EMTG: Both “Glory Days,” the lead track of the album ‘Euphoria’, and the pre-release single “Puzzle” are positive songs. When you made the major debut with “In my head,” many lead tracks were about conflicts and anxiety. What kind of changes took place in your mind over the five years, Yonghwa?

YH: When you listen to positive music, it makes you feel good, right? Now I wish more that you would listen to our music and become happy. Before, when something doesn’t work out the way I want, I would turn that into a song. Now, it also plays a big part that I have a very happy environment when making music.

EMTG: The title of the album, ‘Euphoria’, also means “happiness”, I guess.

YH: The lead track “Glory days” is an expression of our gratitude toward the fans who helped us grow so much. Our message is: “let’s continue to go, to an even more wonderful place!”

EMTG: So “Glory days” is CNBLUE’s love letter to BOICE.

YH: Right. “First steps” in the lyrics denotes the year 2009, when we came to Japan to train. We learned many things about being a band in Japan. When we began street lives where there was no audience, and now that our dreams have come true, the success and happiness came because BOICE were with us. The song is about wanting to continue to spend such bright days in the future.

EMTG: If the “first steps” were street lives, what about “the distant place I’d seen that day”? Seeing from lyrics such as “the place I must aspire” in “Take me higher” and “the new stage” in “Royal Rumble”, many of your songs seem to talk about the “next step”.

YH: The place I aspire next is, Tokyo Dome? I should take everyone with me.

YH: When I first debuted in Japan, I only had big dreams such as, “I want to go on a world tour in a private jet.” Whether I’ve succeeded or not is something you can’t tell yourself, but if you look back, I think we’ve taken a diligent hike, step by step. The world tour came true. The wish to hold a concert in Tokyo Dome was something I’ve always said since debuting in Japan. It’s something to aim for, like the top of the mountain.

EMTG: Junghin’s “Stay with me” is also an expression of thanks to the fans. Your previous track in ‘colors’, “Daisy” was written with Yonghwa. But it’s not a collaboration this time.

YH: Which do you prefer between “Daisy” and “Stay with me”? It’s “Daisy,” isn’t it?

JS: Agh, I can’t choose! But since this is the new track, “Stay with me”? (laughs)

EMTG: JS, did you direct YH’s vocals in “Stay with me” as the composer?

JS: No, it’d be impudent for me to tell YH hyung how to sing something, that’s over the line. (laughs)

YH: I advised JS, “Isn’t it better for you to sing this one?” but he won’t sing it. If he doesn’t sing it himself, he wouldn’t know my feelings when I sing!

JS: But to give you confidence, I sang the guide vocals.

EMTG: Talking about giving directions, YH and JH, you direct your own songs, right?

YH: Yes. JH knows what’s necessary in the song, so I entrust it to him. 

JH: Since we both know CNBLUE so well, we entrust each other with his own songs (laughs). We listen to the songs when they first come out and divide the vocal parts, and it’s always just as expected. We always think the same way.

EMTG: I thought “Royal Rumble” is very characteristic of you. Though lead tracks must strive for the popular sentiment, the song’s melody and track reflects you in the present. Opposite of the rhythmical tone of the song, the lyrics also portray a tinge of anxiety that you’ve been writing before.

YH: Right. This song is my favorite track in the album. “Royal Rumble” refers to the games of battle royale played in the American professional wrestling organization, WWE. After a battle, the victor remains in the ring, and a new person enters to fight him. 30-40 people repeat this. Even if you win, you fight again. You have to keep fighting. I saw it when I was little and it was imprinted deeply on my mind. As it is with me, anyone has to keep fighting, right?

EMTG: When you held solo promotions last year, you said that since you’ve composed 27 songs as a 27-year-old, you would compose 28 songs next year. Did it come true?

YH: I tried (laughs). Since I’ve written many so far, I want to cherish my inspiration and compose little bit at a time this year. I decided to be more relaxed. Until now, I kept writing songs even when I’m filming dramas. I kept thinking, “I wanna run fast,” “I wanna dash on,” but now I want to slow down a bit and really appreciate each and every one of them as I write them.

EMTG: Starting on Nov. 2’s Makuhari Messe hall to Nov. 30’s Budokan, a month-long “CNBLUE 5th Anniversary Arena Tour 2016 - Our Glory Days” will be nationally held. They’re forming the setlist right in front of my eyes, now (laughs).

YH: To celebrate, I want to put on something special. New songs and arrangements, the stage setup, etc. Please look forward to it as we’re coming up with exciting things!

EMTG: On Dec. 10-11, your annual “2016 FNC Kingdom in Japan - Creepy Nights” will also be held. With all of your agency artists gathered, what kind of performance will CNBLUE show us?

YH: Because it’s a festival, not every member of the audience is a CNBLUE fan. So we’d like to make a killer setlist that can compactly show our best. We’ll showcase our top-notch live!

cr. http://music.emtg.jp/special/20161008324e5fc3b

• mystarYH 2016.10.12 15:56
    번역 너무 감사합니다^^
    언능 royal rumble 듣고싶어요!! 어떤곡일지 너무나 궁금!!
  • heich_ 2016.10.12 16:00
    로럼♥ 상사병에 빠진거 같아요 19일 언제오는지????
  • dud0666 2016.10.12 16:55
    번역 감사합니다. 로럼 정말 기대되네요~~^^
  • soon0322 2016.10.12 17:39
    로럼 공개된 부분만으로도 완전 좋은데 이러니까 더 기대되요
  • tuthuy 2016.10.12 17:43
    Thumbs up for "Royal Rumble"! It's gonna be my new CNBLUE favorite song.
  • sakuratint 2016.10.12 17:46
    Glad to hear about his feelings when composing Royal Rumble! Can't wait to listen to it :) thanks for the trans!!
  • Pearl 2016.10.14 01:43
    I am happy to read that he is slowing down his pace so that he can enjoy the journey rather than rushing through the process. I'm now looking forward to the coming Arena tour because he said there will be new songs and arrangements, thus far he has never failed to surprise me whenever he does that. Thanks for the translation.
  • YAT 2016.10.15 12:15
    YH's compositions are always fascinating to me. After the band album, I hope there will be his solo album.
  • Lois 2016.10.16 01:45
    At a personal level, the first steps were his first childhood piano lessons and as a group CNBLUE their Japan street performances? Many layers of interpretations here, too.

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
33 인터뷰 [네버스탑 Never Stop] 연습실에서 Practice Room in Tokyo (w/ soft subs) 5 2014.07.18 2312 6
32 인터뷰 정용화 “반항적인 노래? 분노 마일리지 쌓고 있다” [인터뷰] 5 2015.01.27 2646 6
31 인터뷰 [주간여성 週刊女性] 솔로데뷔 화보/인터뷰 Solo Debut Pictorials/Interview 2015.03.17 7 file 2015.03.17 3536 6
30 인터뷰 2015.05.21 바이두 음악대인물 인터뷰 Baidu Big Names in Music 14 2015.05.22 2802 6
29 인터뷰 [라디오 Radio] 2013.02.04 SBS 김창렬의 올드스쿨 KCY's Old School 14 2013.02.04 7079 7
28 인터뷰 【E】[EMTG] 2013.04.26 (부분번역 partial trans) 4 file 2013.04.27 10366 7
27 인터뷰 [스캔/번역 Scan/Trans] 2013.9 B=PASS 10 file 2013.08.02 6643 7
26 인터뷰 【E】 The Story of CNBLUE/NEVER STOP 무대인사 녹취록 부분번역 Premiere Transcript (partial) 12 2013.12.17 5216 7
25 인터뷰 [팝인터뷰]씨엔블루 “‘헷갈리게’, 못 듣는 사람이 손해” 19 2017.03.24 1417 7
24 인터뷰 [Rolling Pod] - with Kim Youngdae (Translated transcript) (Part 1+2) 4 2023.10.17 1267 7
23 인터뷰 【E】excite 싱글 Robot 인터뷰 6 file 2013.01.21 10524 8
22 인터뷰 【E】다저스타디움 '한국의 밤' 행사 빛낸 K팝 스타 Kpop Stars Grace 'Korea Night' at the Dodger Stadium 3 2014.05.30 2863 8
21 인터뷰 【E】HK Roadshow Interview Before CS HK (Partial translation) 12 file 2014.06.18 2772 8
20 인터뷰 B-PASS 2014.09 (용화 부분) 14 2014.08.14 4455 8
19 인터뷰 기자회견 개별인터뷰 Presscon Individual Interview 2014.10.25 MBC 코리아 뮤직 웨이브 Korea Music Wave 13 2014.10.25 4185 8
18 인터뷰 어느 멋진 정용화① 팬들이 묻는다, 음악인 정용화, 인간 정용화 13 2015.02.05 4602 8
17 인터뷰 【E】씨엔블루, 7년차 밴드에게 찾아온 여유의 힘 (인터뷰①) 6 2016.04.07 2591 8
16 인터뷰 (Engsub) KCONNY17 CNBLUE Fan Engagement Yonghwa cut 7 2017.06.25 2507 8
15 인터뷰 Kpopstarz 중국어판: 피터 말릭과의 단독 인터뷰 - 정용화와의 콜라보에 대해 Exclusive Interview with Peter Malick - Music Collaboration with Jung Yong Hwa 7 2015.02.09 4322 9
14 인터뷰 [스타캐스트 Starcast] 7℃N 관련 부분 Interview on 7℃N 9 2017.03.17 1815 9
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next
/ 17