본문 바로가기
조회 수 3611 추천 수 0 댓글 30
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

씨엔블루 ‘Can’t Stop’

씨엔블루의 5번째 미니앨범으로 전곡을 자작곡으로 채운 야심한 앨범이다. 최근 씨엔블루는기획사가 기획한 아이돌 밴드를 벗어나고자 TV 순위 프로그램에서 라이브(코러스, 오케스트라 등의 MR이 가미된 라이브)를 선보이는 등 무던히도 노력하고 있다. 이번에 전곡을 자작곡으로 채운 것도 이러한 노력의 일환이라 할 수 있겠다. 타이틀곡 ‘캔트 스톱(Can’t Stop)’은 감성적인 멜로디를 가진 모던록으로 마치 넬을 떠오르게 한다. 이런 안개가 낀 듯한 뿌연 질감의 모던록 스타일은 요 몇 년 사이 인디 신에서 유행한 풍으로 씨엔블루는 보다 가요적인 친숙한 멜로디를 들려준다. 이외의 곡들에서는 각기 다양한 풍의 노래를 들려주고 있다. 완성도에서 문제는 없지만, 밴드의 특징적인 사운드는 여전히 들리지 않는다는 것이 약점. 물론 이러한 약점은 여성 팬들에게 아무런 문제가 되지 않을 것이다. 차기작에서는 좀 더 거친 음악을 해보면 어떨까?

CNBLUE 'Can't Stop'

CNBLUE's 5th mini album, all filled with self-compositions and an ambitious album at that. Recently, CNBLUE is trying utmost to go beyond the status of an idol band produced by their agency, showing live performances (added with chorus and orchestra MR) on TV music shows. Filling the entire album with their self-compositions is a part of this effort. Title track 'Can't Stop' is a modern rock with lyrical melodies, reminiscent of Nell. This type of modern rock style with a foggy and misty texture has been hot in the indie scene for the past few years, and CNBLUE adds a more gayo-like (*Korean-style pop music) friendly melody to it. In the other songs, they have diverse styles of music. Though there is no problem with the quality, its weakness is that there is still no distinct sound of the band. Certainly, this weakness will not be any problem to the female fans. How about they try a tougher style of music next time?

by 권석정 Kwon Sukjung

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/225307

• heich_ 2014.03.14 19:02
    잊었던 인마이헤드의 한을 다시 꺼내게 하네요. 하드락이 아니면 밴드음악이 아닌가요? 거 참 늘 어이가 없는 태도들은 변하질 않습니다.
    라이브라고 쓰고 굳이 괄호를 넣은 저 표현에는 집요한 찌질함마저.
    마지막 문장은 여성비하 수준이네요.
    "완성도에서 문제는 없지만" 까지만 취하겠습니다. 저들이 내놓을수 있는 유일한 항복의 표시일지도 모르겠군요.
  • 용화짱 2014.03.14 19:17
    비판글이라고 밖에 안보이네요 개취이긴하지만 그래도 밴드만의 스타일을 인정해줘야지 말야 본인맘에 안들면 비판만하는 시선들 대체언제까지 갈까나? 씨엔블루의 음악을 다들어보고 저런얘기들을 하는지모르겠네요 기사읽고 기분나쁘긴 첨이네
  • trueheart 2014.03.14 20:34

비판하고 싶은데 딱히 비판할게 없어서 어거지 쓰는 글같습니다. 뭐 완성도는 있다고 하는게 사실 속마음아닐지...그들의 음악에 대해 제대로 알지도 못하면서 이젠 거친음악도 하라니요? ㅋㅋ 찌질함이 묻어 나오네요. 

• jessjo 2014.03.14 19:34
    Thats what makes them unique! As JYH said it himself they are still exploring to find their own color and I am very glad that they are
    making to the top the world with one step at a time. Nobody 's in a rush and lets not force it. And of course I am positive they will introduce us to their "distant sound" in time until then I am happy to enjoy their diverse and colorful music to the very bit. Trust you and
    Love you always JYH Fighting!!!!!
  • 스더 2014.03.14 20:14
    씨엔블루 본연의 음악은 하나도 들어보지 않은분 같네요..
  • Mars 2014.03.14 20:30
    Nice review. I liked the angle of 'reminiscent of Nell/indie whilst adding a gayo/kpop flavour to it'.

(lol, that shade on 'female fans' =P. Guilty as charged.)
  • heich_ 2014.03.14 20:34

It's more like degrading the female fans for liking their music regardless of not being band-like enough.

Not a careful enough listen for me, if not downright sexist. 

• Mars 2014.03.14 21:44

Yes, that remark was clearly not needed. Fits into the typical 'you're all a bunch of fangirls' remarks one sees, though said in a lighter/indirect way. It's that one statement that frustratingly just bulldozes/trumps over any remark you may make every time there's some controversy, even if what you say is perfectly well-informed and rational.

I have decided some time ago to try not to take these things too much to heart otherwise I'd be constantly upset. Hence me trying to put a light-hearted tone to his uncalled remark.

I disagree with the logic of the writer. A band is not made out of nowhere. Growth, exploring and making mistakes are implicit in the creation of a great band. According to his logic, 'rational' people should only support fully-established, matured bands, because following a developing band is not worth it musically, where only 'female fans' dazzled by visuals would do that. He forgets all bands start somewhere and need a basis and evolution to get to that 'great band' state and that what attracts people to them early on is their potential, talent and hard work, all things CNB has.

(oops long comment)

Thanks for the translation in any case!

• steelyhazel 2014.03.14 20:43
    Two things are wrong with this review. First and more serious, the implication that the female music listeners are inferior. Second, complete disregard for the complexity and diverse nature of pop/rock as a genre.
  • Mia 2014.03.15 02:52

And it's interesting that he's not even saying that female listeners prefer pop to rock and whatnot, which I thought would be his course of action, but he just puts a label of mindless consumption on women. Wow...

• winnieho 2014.03.14 21:30
    As if females don't know good music when they hear it. The reviewer wants 'tougher' music, then he (assume reviewer is male due to disparaging female listeners) should listen to their Japanese compositions before making that remark. I don't like the tone of this review as I can 'hear' the sneer. But then what do I know since I am female. Sorry for my harsh comment as I get riled up and a bit sensitive where Yong Hwa is concerned.

Thank you for the translation.
  • chokmp 2014.03.14 22:15
    I have been a silent reader all this while. Really appreciate your effort in translating and posting everything related to Yonghwa,and enabling me to know more about him. Thank you so much.
    The reason I broke my silence is because I hate everything about this review right from the first sentence to the end. What I read in the first sentence is that they are being overly ambitious with the album but it did not perform up to par. Is he also saying that they are a copy of Nell and that their type of music is nothing new ? He also mentioned that the other songs have diverse styles of music and the weakness is that there is no distinct sound of the band. That's why we love Yonghwa as he is able to introduce to us the many different styles of music and allows us to enjoy all of them. That is his specialty, from ballads to rock to pop. He also categorized all of Yonghwa's fans as dumb bimbos not able to differentiate between good or bad music. And finally, what does he mean by a tougher style of music, who and what is he to give these opinions. I'm sorry, but had to let it all out.
  • zarabella93 2014.03.14 22:50
    Seriously this is the most ridicolous review i have read so far. Who is he to give out this kind of opinion.
  • Rara 2014.03.14 23:09
    타이틀만 한번 듣고 기자가 가진 씨엔블루에 대한 인상으로 리뷰를 쓰나봐요..
  • musica 2014.03.14 23:50
    Who is this person? Is he a well known music critic or a music editor?
  • heich_ 2014.03.15 04:39

He seems to write music critiques in a few media. First time seeing his name though. 

• musica 2014.03.15 05:00
    Thanks for the information. He clearly has a lot to learn.
  • silvergate08 2014.03.15 00:27
    one of the reasons why i love cnblue because they offer different colors of music. whats wrong with experimenting with different genre? i dont really get it when i read comments like these they are not true band because of their styles of music and people tends to not take them seriously because of their good looks. and whats with the downgrade with the female fans? its like we dont know how to appreciate good music. okay i should shut up now. sorry for ranting here. thanks for the translation.
  • favoriteblue28 2014.03.15 00:56
    So what if YongHwa (Cnblue) ambitious. If you are not ambitious your goal can not be carry surpass and be standout and being shine for the world to see. His ambitious is to prove of his ability writing and produce music.
    Isn't this the same magazine that earlier was like Hey old schoolmate and the next minus is too bad you not good enough for this industry.
    Yes we are being fangirls and for sure your male eagle is being stab by their good marketing of improving that band should play their songs live on TV show.
    There I have my peace of mind. sorry if I am over board about this.
  • spicylemon 2014.03.15 01:53
    솔직히 저 글을 읽은 제 감상평은.....참 애쓴다는거네요ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 이세상에 밴드들이 하나같이 하드메탈 록만 한댑니까? 밴드라는 팀의 특성상 할수있는 장르라곤 하드록밖에 없느냐는 거에요.. 당장 밴드의 본고장이라고 해도 무방한 영국만 보더라도 브릿록이라고 안하고 거의 브릿팝이라고 할정도로 하드한 특성이 거의 없는 유명한 팀들도 많은데 말이지요. 정말 하나만 보고 둘을 볼줄 모르는, 혹은 보고싶지 않아하는 단편적인 면모가 돋보이는 글이었네요.
  • spicylemon 2014.03.15 01:54
    한마디 더. 좀더 거친 음악? 씨엔블루가 거친음악을 안했나요? 거친스타일의 수록곡 있냐고 물어본다면 대답도 할수 있습니다. 제대로 찾아보지도 않고 대충 한번 휙 듣고 막 갈겨쓴듯한 인상이 너무 강해요.
  • Mia 2014.03.15 02:43
    Whoa! That last sentence was rather ridiculous and sexist. He might need to do some research before writing reviews 'cause I've seen better stuff from people who aren't professionals in the field.
  • musica 2014.03.15 04:59
    Aside from being totally ignorant about CNBLUE music, about music generally, his last remark about women is unforgivable. He can get away with a dismissive and insensitive comment like this in 2014? I hope female readers in Korea let him know how backward he is by commenting on his article.
  • heich_ 2014.03.15 05:22

I commented, with a short list of "tough music" by CNBLUE, that the last sentence is very offensive and how gender has nothing to do with good music. He himself pointed out that he has no issue with the overall quality of this album?!?! Not sure if he'll care. Maybe he'll consider me another deaf female fan.

• Mia 2014.03.15 06:00

Could you let us know if he responds to it? It'd be interesting to read his reply :)

• musica 2014.03.15 13:39
    Thank you! You spoke out for a lot of us.
  • feeling_JYH 2014.03.15 11:45

괄호안에 넣은글을 보니 며칠전에 다른 용화팬싸에 와서 저거에 관련된 글을 싸지르던 찌질이가 생각나네요. 어떻게든 칭찬은 하기싫으니 저런 요상한 글을 쓴듯..

• Lullaby 2014.03.15 13:00
    Eh? I didn't know that musicians have to make "tough" music for male to like them. I don't know which one is more insulting, his remarks about women's music taste or his views of cnblue and Can't Stop.
  • 용화사랑 2014.03.16 06:00
    꼭 밴드서운드가 거칠어야만 되는건가요? 그리고 씨엔곡들 다 들어보고 평을하는지... 또 밴드음악을 듣는데 남성이 어디있고 여성이 듣는음악이 따로 있습니까? 속으로는 씨엔에대해서 놀랐으면서 겉으로 은근히 까는것같습니다. 객관적인 리뷰가 아니라 주관적인 리뷰인것같습니다. 넘 화가 나네요.
  • Pearl 2014.03.16 14:37
    It's quite obvious he is a typical critique who discounts any artists that has good looks and will never give CNBLUE a fair review. If they stick with their past sound, he will say they remain static. When they try new sounds like in this album, he will say they are ambitious. As far as I am concerned, CNBLUE has their own sound. Ask anyone and they can tell that it is a CNBLUE song when they listen to their songs even if they are not fans.

I would just ignore such bias reviews since he is discrediting himself by insulting all female with his kind of remarks.

1. No Image

유인나의 볼륨을 높여요 YIN's Turn On the Volume 2015.09.24

cr. 미디어볼륨
    Date2015.09.25 Category라디오 Views1227 Votes0
    Read More
  2. 유스케 반응하나 A reaction on Sketchbook

Trans) To be honest, I saw CNBLUE on Sketchbook the day before yesterday...they were so damn awesome....freakin handsome and freakin sings well too...I didn't wanna admit this...but the even song was good that song's title is can't stop...a...
    Date2015.09.22 Category리뷰 Views1815 Votes3
    Read More
  3. 유세윤과 뮤지의 친한 친구

더 많은 사진과 내용은 여기로 http://www.imbc.com/broad/radio/fm4u/bestfriend2/film/
    Date2013.02.21 Category사진 Views3741 Votes1
    Read More
  4. No Image

위로송 Comfort song - 기밍지

Date2016.11.20 CategoryFanCover Views747 Votes0
    Read More
  5. 웨이보에 드럼 커버 올리시는분 후기....랄까 리뷰 2탄

CNBLUE "Change". 또 대표적인 용화스타일의 곡이네요. Kpop에 펑키한 요소를 가미시켜 아주 흥미로운 곡이 나왔는데요. 곡은 역시나 용화씨의 경쾌하고 발랄한 스타일을 유지하고 있네요. 감정을 점차 추진 시켜서 하이라이트전에 중단시켰다가 다시 단체로 ...
    Date2015.07.05 Category리뷰 Views2964 Votes7
    Read More
  6. 월드투어 중인 씨엔블루, 국내 공연도 대성황. 해외팬들 대거 입국 눈길

월드투어 중인 씨엔블루가 국내에서도 '글로벌 인기'를 입증했다. 25일과 26일 서울 잠실 실내 체육관에서 열린 콘서트에는 1만2000 관객이 모여 열광했다. 공연장 앞에 마련된 '월드투어 포토존'에는 국내 팬들 뿐 아니라 기념 촬영을 하는 해외 팬들도 많이...
    Date2013.05.27 Category뉴스 Views3405 Votes1
    Read More
  7. 월간 더 하이비전 2011년 12월호 - 드디어 일본 메이저 데뷔!! CNBLUE의 진화

"메이저"는 저희들의 음악을 전하는 하나의 수단. 평균 연령 스무살의 4인조 밴드 CNBLUE. 기타&보컬을 담당하는 용화가 일본에서도 대히트를 기록한 한국 드라마 [미남이시네요]에 출연함으로써 그들의 이름을 알게 된 사람도 많을 터. 그런 그들이 한국...
    Date2012.10.03 Category인터뷰 Views3577 Votes0
    Read More
  8. 월간 songs 2012년 2월호 - 성실한 마음으로, 정직하게 음악을 대하고 싶다

일본에서 메이저 데뷔 싱글 [In My Head](2011년 10월)이 대히트를 기록한 한국 출신 4인조 락밴드 CNBLUE. 요코하마 아레나 공연을 성공시키는 등 성실하게 캐리어를 쌓아온 그들이, 만반의 준비를 거쳐 두번째 싱글 [where you are]를 발매한다. 헤비한 기...
    Date2012.10.04 Category인터뷰 Views3775 Votes0
    Read More
  9. 월간 MUSIC BANK vol.1 2011년 7월호 - 순도 100%의 4개의 영혼

순도 100%의 4개의 영혼 네 명의 청년이 도시의 밤거리를 질주한다. 반항과 번민의 시간 속에서 감당할 수 없는 에너지가 느껴지고, 미숙하지만 꿈을 향해 달려가는 청춘. CNBLUE의 신곡 [직감] PV는 청춘이라는 이미지가 가득하다. 처음 스튜디오에서 만난 C...
    Date2012.10.03 Category리뷰 Views3437 Votes0
    Read More
  10. 월간 EXILE 2012년 10월호 - 정용화&이종현 50문 50답

앨범 [CODE NAME BLUE]편. Q1. 메이첫 첫번째 앨범을 완성한 후, 처음으로 내뱉은 말은? A. 오~ 대단해! (용화) A. 끝났다~(종현) Q2. 앨범 완성을 축하하며, 정신씨를 칭찬한다면 어떤 말을 해주고 싶은지? A. 잘 따라와줬어. 드럼 민혁이와 마찬가지로, 베...
    Date2012.10.06 Category인터뷰 Views39369 Votes0
    Read More
  11. No Image

원기옥, 마일리지 - by 김채소

어느 멋진 날 아티스트 정용화(Jung Yong Hwa) 발매 2015.01.20, CJ E&M 장르 발라드(국내) 평점 ★★★★ *15.0120_Track #2. 원기옥 (with 버벌진트) - 정용화 씨엔블루의 리더 겸 보컬로 잘 알려진 정용화의, 첫 솔로 앨범이 나왔어요 제목과 타이틀의 이름...
    Date2015.02.02 Category리뷰 Views1616 Votes0
    Read More
  12. No Image

원기옥 작곡이야기 Making of Energy 2015.09.18 BrandNewTV

cr. healing_jyh Trans) -You've worked with Jung Yonghwa-ssi here, right? VJ: The song called "Energy". Yonghwa came to my studio himself. -Tell us an episode about that. VJ: Before that, I hadn't even met JYH-ssi. But he said he wanted to w...
    Date2015.09.20 Category기타 Views1463 Votes3
    Read More
  13. No Image

원기옥 Energy, 어느 멋진 날 One Fine Day - 엠카운트다운 Mcountdown 2015.01.22

cr. Mnet
    Date2015.01.22 Category공연 Views2000 Votes3
    Read More
  14. No Image

원기옥 Energy as BGM in JTBC 5일간의썸머 5daysOfSummer

cr. justjyh
    Date2015.06.26 Category기타 Views1883 Votes8
    Read More
  15. No Image

원기옥 Energy (by 2 fan boys)

http://changba.com/s/npemiF0pVQkU8ZJhIyn9wQ?&code=Kxhsv6044ik By two fan boys!! howoo & 维特
    Date2015.02.17 CategoryFanCover Views1602 Votes2
    Read More
  16. 워너타이완 페북사진 Warner Taiwan's Fbk photo

용용 무릎에 강쥐ㅜ_ㅜ~
    Date2016.02.22 Category사진 Views925 Votes2
    Read More
  17. 워너타이완 '입김' 스틸 Warner Taiwan's 'Hello' Still

cr. Warner Taiwan
    Date2016.01.22 Category사진 Views974 Votes0
    Read More
  18. No Image

워너뮤직타이완 인터뷰 Warner Music Taiwan Live

cr. https://www.facebook.com/WMG.Taiwan/videos/10154955054676538/
    Date2017.08.17 Category인터뷰 Views786 Votes1
    Read More
  19. 워너뮤직타이완 - 페북 업데이트 Warner Music Taiwan's FB update 2015.06.20

cr. Waner Music Taiwan facebook @ https://zh-tw.facebook.com/notes/%E8%8F%AF%E7%B4%8D%E9%9F%B3%E6%A8%82%E5%8F%B0%E7%81%A3%E9%9F%93%E8%AA%9E%E7%99%BC%E8%A1%8C/%E6%96%B0%E8%81%9E%E7%A8%BF%E9%84%AD%E5%AE%B9%E5%92%8C%E9%A6%96%E6%AC%A1%E5%80%8B%...
    Date2015.06.21 Category사진 Views1968 Votes1
    Read More
  20. 워너 한정판 부록 Supplement in the Warner Limited Edition

cr. @kaanattsu 웬 트리 장식이^^;; A Xmas tree ornament?^^;;
    Date2012.11.28 Category기타 Views5610 Votes0
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 209 Next
/ 209