본문 바로가기
조회 수 3856 추천 수 0 댓글 38
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

안녕하세요, 운영진입니다.

꿈만 같던 정용화 첫 솔로앨범 '어느 멋진 날' 활동도 어느덧 막바지를 향하고 있네요.

엊그제 시작한 것 같은데 벌써 마지막 주라니, 아쉽고 또 아쉽지만

한 곡 한 곡, 용프로듀서의 장인정신이 느껴지는 정말 멋진 이번 앨범의 곡들에 대해서

좀더 오랫동안 다같이 이야기 나누고자 이벤트를 준비했습니다.

바로 리뷰 이벤트, [One Fine Music] 입니다.

지금부터 '어느 멋진 날' 활동이 마무리되는 2월 15일 자정까지,

이 포스팅 아래에 댓글로 이번 앨범에 대해 애정가득한 리뷰를 올려주세요.

가장 좋아하는 곡 한 곡에 대해 쓰셔도 되고, 앨범 전체에 대한 감상을 쓰셔도 됩니다.

단, 곡당 최소 3문장 이상 적어주셔야 하며, 최대한 정성스럽게 적어주시면 좋겠습니다.

참여하신 분들 가운데 추첨을 통해

1. 곧바로 저스트정용화 자료실 출입이 가능한 800포인트를 7분께,

2. '어느 멋진 날' 스페셜 앨범을 5분께,

3. '정용화의 홀로그램'에 나왔던 Miami Heat 스냅백 모자를 3분께 선물로 드립니다.

(특정 선물을 원하시는 경우, 리뷰 끝에 숫자로 적어주세요.)

정용화의 음악세계에 대해 이야기도 나누고~ 상품도 타고~ 

1592쓰면 안되겠↗죠? 얼른 리뷰 쓰러 가 볼까요???

회원 여러분들의 많은 참여 부탁드립니다! :)

Dear all visitors of JustJYH,

The fine days of promotions for Jung Yonghwa’s first solo album “One Fine Day” are now only a week left. This dream-come-true felt like a blink of an eye, and Yonghwa’s already bringing his activities to a close. 

Before he does, let's fully appreciate each and every “fine" track that our Producer Yong has created for us in this album.

To do just that, we came up with an idea.

It’s a review project called [One Fine Music]

From now, until the midnight of Feb. 15 (KST), when his official promotions end,

please leave a heartfelt review under this post as a comment. 

You can write about your favorite track(s), or the entire album if you wish.

You have to write at least 3 sentences per song, and we would like you to put as much effort as possible, just as this album was a labor of love from Yonghwa.

Among the reviewers, we will draw winners for:

1. 800 points from justJYH so that you can enter the Data room right away (7 winners)
  2. “One Fine Day” Special Album (5 winners)
  3. Miami Heat Snapback cap that Yonghwa was wearing in “Hologram” (3 winners).

(If you want a specific prize, please write the number at the end of your review)

We look forward to reading all about your impressions of "One Fine Day"!!

-justJYH-

• gardenofdarkness 2015.02.09 17:02
    Omg this is so inspiring *0* I want to be part of it *0* i luv talking about music kkk
  • justjyh 2015.02.09 17:56

Looking forward to your entry! :)

• 육태영엄마 2015.02.11 11:47
    어느멋진날을 들으며 나의 어느멋진날은 언제였나 추억해봅니다 일상이 늘그날그날이었던것같이 지내온 날들 어린시절 나무그늘 아래서 공기놀이하며 고무줄놀이하던 그어린시절이 지나고나니 어느멋진날이고 가끔 꿈꾸게 됩니다 지금은 다시돌아갈수없고 현실에 갇혀 꿈도꿀수 없었던 그시절 그나날들 정용화의 어느멋진날과는 거리가 있지만 요즘 아이들이 상상도할수없는 그어느멋진날 상상하며 어느멋진날을 감상합니다~~또 시간이 지나면 오늘 이 또 어느멋진날이 되어있을 미래를 바라보며 촉촉하지는 마음♡
  • yongyongjii 2015.02.10 02:39
    I tweeted this on Jan 21: 'One Fine Day describes a breakup, but its delicate and accurate portrayal of reminiscence and yearning elevates it beyond a love song.' I was really impressed by the "maturity" of the song. The lyrics and emotions can mean so many things to so many different people. I think the success of OFD is that one gets the sense Yonghwa is singing from personal experience; that makes the song very relatable to the listener. Interestingly, in the recent Ch MPD MV Commentary, Yonghwa said: 'I think people will feel different things while listening to this song. That's why One Fine Day, it doesn't have to be a love story. It could be about family or a kind of friendship. It's all in the lyrics. It doesn't have to be about a breakup. I think the feelings that come out on the day as you listen to the song. That's just One Fine Day on its own. That kind of lyrics is there.' I was so shocked to hear my views being affirmed by Yonghwa ;)
  • 용하늘 2015.02.10 19:06
    사실 나의 리뷰는 넘 주관적이다. 용화 데뷰때부터 팬이라 주위 사람들이 뭐라하든 용화가 부른 노래는잘 부르는 노래고 용화가 만든 곡은 참 좋은곡이다.
    그래서 나는 용화곡에 대해 뭐라 뭐라 잘 언급하지않고 항상 좋다라고만~
    이번 솔로 앨범은 사실 엄청 기대하고 있던 앨범이라~ 사실 씨엔블루앨범도 그렇지만 특히 용화 솔로니깐 더 더 기대했다. 용화곡은 다 좋긴하지만 나는 한국앨범보다는 일본발매곡들을 좀더 좋아하는 편이고 평소 일본발매곡들을 더 자주 듣는 편이다.
    내그냥 생각으론 이번 앨범이 좀더 강한곡들로 구성되어있을줄알았다. 용화가 처음으로 공식적인자리에서 자신이 너무 힘들때 만든곡이라해서~ 원기옥도 좀더 강렬한 곡일줄 알았는데 처음 앨범을 들었을땐 사실 약간 심심했다. 좀더 강렬하
    고 다양할줄 알았는데~~ 그런데 그런생각은 아주 잠깐이였고... 역시 정용화 듣다보니 넘 새련되고 엄청 노력한 앨범인지 알게되었다. 그리고 정용화라는 사람이 힘들면 괴롭겠지만 거기서 희망을 찾고 이겨나가려고 하는 사람인게 음악에서 그대로 보여줘서 참 좋았다. 마지막잎새를 보라 젤 힘들때 썼다는데 첫가사가~beautiful world~beautiful day~라니
    나는 이번 앨범을듣고 정용화의 긍정적이고 착한 에너지를 받아서 힘이 나서 기분까지 좋아졌어요 사실 음악이 좋다고 다 힘이나고 긍정에너지를 받는게아니거든요~ 이번정용화 솔로앨범은 정용화를 돋보여야겠어 내가 멋져 보여야겠어가 아닌 정용화의 본연의모습을 그대로 보여준 앨범이라 참 좋았어요
  • wajyh 2015.02.11 00:41
    One of the songs in the album that sticks out to me personally is Last Leaf due to knowing the background story to the song. Yonghwa also recommended the story "The Last Leaf" which I'm assuming is the short story by O'Henry and what inspired the song title. I remember reading "The Last Leaf" while in school and I really like it, it's a touching story. As a therapist/counselor, I tend to have therapist tendencies outside of work and when I think of Yonghwa I think of resiliency. Yonghwa could have just written a song about the hardships he was going through, but he chose to write about coping with hardships and made a song about hope and support. His focus on the positives rather than dwelling on the negatives is probably what helps him overcome hardships. One of the biggest struggles I have encountered in my field of work is feeling like I need to help someone resolve the issue that led to overwhelming feelings but feeling conflicted because I have no control over what happens or doesn't happen to them. What I can do is provide support and teach them how to cope with life's stressors. And in this song, it's what I see..."What do I do with your pain?" "What to do with your loneliness?" Supportive response: "I’ll be a light by your side" "I’ll be a leaf by your side" because "I hope you won’t be standing alone." It's so great! Support is so important when someone is feeling down and depressed because we are human beings and human beings yearn connection. When someone is depressed all their thoughts are depressing too which is why I think it's great that Yonghwa starts off the song stating that the world is beautiful, love is beautiful but there is someone who can't see it because their pain has blackened their heart. So what does Yonghwa do? Shine a light to help them see that the world is beautiful. Just because you don't see something in the dark, doesn't mean it doesn't exist right? This goes back to the message in "The Last Leaf" by O'Henry. A woman who is ill is losing hope and has decided that her fate will in the hands of the last leaf on the tree outside her window. When the last leaf doesn't fall, she regains hope which in turns helps her to recover...but only to find out that the leaf was just an illusion. Her neighbor painted that leaf on the wall so that she would think the leaf never fell and in the process got sick painting it during a storm. Isn't it amazing what people will do to provide hope for others? It's beautiful. And isn't is amazing how sometimes just changing how you see and think about things will then change your overall mood?

Anyways, I digress but I just see so much maturity, potential, and resiliency in Yonghwa and this song was a perfect depiction for me personally. The entertainment world isn't easy at all and I know he holds a lot of his stress in, which I sincerely hope he can at least talk to his parents and friends, but am happy to know that he has music as a means of expression. Music Therapy! haha He is so reflective and so good a positive reframe (sorry, therapy lingo). We have feelings for a reason! "It's just a feeling...It's just a feeling" What we choose to do with our feelings is what helps us to be resilient. Resilient people are not less likely to experience painful situations but they are more likely to be able to rise above. Regardless of any situation that occurs in one's life, while the situations can all be different, we have basic emotions will arise regardless of the situation itself. So it's a matter of learning to cope with the feelings rather than focusing on the details of the situation itself and I just get the sense that Yonghwa knows this because through interviews and such he shows examples of taking a different perspective on negativity and life's challenges. *end long and probably disorganized and overly therapist-influenced post*

P.S. Prize preference: #2 =D
  • klaritia 2015.02.11 13:39

I really don't know where to begin for this album is so massively loaded with heart.

The fact that the intro is a string piece shows how Yonghwa wants the album to stand out different from his band compositions. I'm no fan of ballads but Yonghwa made a string ballad for the title, so it took me a while to get into "One Fine Day" itself. It doesn't sound like the ballads around anyway. It tells the heartbreak but not exactly the heart wrenching kind. The yearning and sadness is very delicate, making the emotions depicted more relatable actually. Everybody feels that once in a while thinking of the past; there were days which felt so fine and we just miss them.

I think "Checkmate" is the most Jung-yong-hwa song in the album, for its being very rockish and filled with strong lyrics. When the name "Checkmate" was first revealed, I imagined what it's about already. I wondered if he meant he's fighting a difficult war... if he felt like he's some chess piece in a bigger game. The "demo" version we heard in the KCW radio show is more about frustrations, but the studio version is more inclined towards the suppressed seeing hope.

The first time I sat down and listened to "27 Years" carefully, I cried. I like the beautiful melody and the interesting arrangement. I didn't even need to read lyrics translations to get what it means. The English phrases help me get things right. I've watched Yonghwa closely (though at a distance in real life, if you see what I mean) for more than 5 years. It's quite a considerable proportion of his 26/7 years of life. I don't claim to understand him fully but I always think the love of his family and friends have helped to build the Jung Yong Hwa today. Then he wrote a song about how the memories of his younger days give him energy.

I just love each and every track of the album. This is such a great present from our beloved Yonghwa. I feel very blessed to be able to "own" his music. I "own" the music because I'm listening to his heart, with my heart.

• sakuratint 2015.02.11 20:08
    Although i'm not good at reviewing music, I would really like to write and share my thoughts about YH's album! ^^

I have always leaned towards the pop-rock genre. As with Cold Love from Can't Stop album, I really love this powerful ballad from Yonghwa and Yoon Do Hyun! This track is different from what I expected when I first listened to the highlight medley. I was pleasantly surprised, and this song quickly shot up to become one of my favourite songs. Yonghwa and YDH's voices really matched and blended in well together in this song. I would love to listen to a full live version of this song by both artistes!

I came to love Last Leaf after reading about how Yonghwa wrote his loneliness and exhuastion, during the composition process of this album, into this song. My heart really ached when I read this account. How he has to put on a strong and happy front in front of the public and his fans, even when he wa suffering all alone. As a fan, it really pains me that I couldn't do anything to help him, that I couldn't cheer him up.

Knowing all this, it just makes the song so much more meaningful to me. I especially love the first verse of the song, "Beautiful World... Beautiful Love...". Though YH wrote his tough days into the song, he still described the world as beautiful. The lyrics speaks of how he will be by our side when we're going through tough days, "shining a light next to our blackened heart". I hope I will be able to do the same for him.

As a ending note, I would like to thank Yonghwa for not giving up even though it was hard. Thank you for persevering on and giving us a quality album that I have come to love. Though promotions for One Fine Day is coming to an end, I know that I will have a lot more to anticipate in future. I look forward to seeing Yonghwa as CNBlue's guitarist and vocalist, and even a comeback as a soloist. Let's enjoy the last leg of One Fine Day promotions! ^^
  • mystarYH 2015.02.12 10:31
    곡 들었던 순서대로 하나하나 리뷰해볼까 합니다

마일리지- 달달하고 리드미컬한 용화 보컬 장점이 잘 산 노래라고 생각. 힙합이지만 부드럽고 따뜻한 감성이 있어서 새로운곡. 곡자체도 세련되서 좋아요. 특히나 티저 임팩트가 참 좋았던.
    그리고 마일리지라면 역시 가사. 함께한 양동근님의 생활이 바탕이 되었지만, 그 모습을 보고 이런 상큼한 발상을 한 용화가 최고b -선물은 스냅백으로..^^
  • 온리용 2015.02.12 13:52
    윤도현 선배와 함께한 [추억은 잔인하게] 입니다.
    정용화가 항상 우상이라 칭하는 윤도현과 콜라보는 어떨까? 앨범이 나올때 제일 궁금했던곡입니다.

처음 윤도현의 목소리가 시작되었을때 심쿵!
    아~ 그 깊이와 묵직함과 그대로 뿜어지는 연륜의 목소리
    이건 딱 윤도현 노래다 싶을 정도였어요
    인터뷰를 보니 윤도현선배를 생각하면서 곡을 만들었다하니 .. 그가 부를 가수에 대해 얼마나 많은 고민을 했을지..
    다 느껴졌습니다
    멜로디도 처음부터 착착 감기며 곧바로 따라부를수 있게 만드는 작곡능력은 역시나
    여기서도 빛을 발하네요

무엇보다 가사가 하나하나 너무 와닿아서요
    시간이 가면 잊혀진다는 그말 다 틀렸어
    내게 남아있어
    추억은 절대 변하지않아
    추억이 제발 변하길 원해
    전 곡도 너무 좋지만 가사에 큰 점수를 주고 싶은곡이기도 해요
    시적이거나 세련된 표현들이 아니고
    솔직하고 직설적인데 그게 더 심장을 울리는 느낌입니다.

묵직하게 눌러주며 큰울림을 들려주는 윤도현
    날것같고 풋풋할정도로 정직한 정용화의 보컬 케미가 환상적입니다
    리뷰를 쓰면서 이런 생각을 해보았어요
    나중에 정용화도 윤도현선배와 같은 나이가 되고 그렇게 뭔가가 그를 채워준다면
    그때 들려줄 또다른 울림..어떻게 들릴지 너무 기대가 됩니다.
    정용화를 오래오래 팬하면서 기다려봐야겠어요 ㅎㅎㅎ

혹시...
    저에게 추첨의 운이 따라준다면
    1번 뽀인트를 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ저스트 화이팅ㅋㅋㅋ
  • GOODYH 2015.02.12 15:45

용화오빠의 팬으로서 오빠가 만든 곡들은 제게 가장 힐링이 되는 노래입니다. 이번 앨범뿐만아니라 오빠가 만들어 온 음악들은 제게 큰 힘이 되었고 지금 고3인 저에게 오빠의 노래는 항상 그래왔던 것처럼, 어쩌면 더 많이 힘이 되고있어요.
    이번앨범 수록곡 모두 멋있지만 굳이 한 곡을 뽑으라고 한다면 최고의 곡으로 저는 '마지막 잎새'를 뽑을 것 같아요.먼저 오빠가 누구의 위로조차 받고싶지 않을만큼 힘들었던 시기에 쓴 곡이라는 이야기를 듣고 팬으로서 마음이 많이 아팠어요. 그리고 그 힘들었던 과정 속에서 팬들에게 단 한 번도 내색하지 않고 지금 이 자리를 지키면서 이런 멋진 곡을 만든 오빠에게 고맙고 미안한 감정이 들어요. 그리고 마냥 오빠를 좋아하던 어린 팬에서 이제는 오빠를 존경하게 된 것 같기도 하네요!! 이 곡을 들을 때마다 항상 오빠의 곡으로 힐링을 했던 제가!! 이젠 조금이라도 오빠에게 힐링이 되는 팬이 되고 싶네요. 말이 길어졌지만...ㅎㅎ '마지막 잎새'는 제게 먹먹함과 미안함 그리고 고마움,위로의 감정을 불러일으키고 제가 오빠를 좋아하는 것을 넘어서서 오빠를 존경하게 만든 곡입니다!

제가 받고 싶은 선물은.. 다 받고 싶어요!!!!!!!♥-♥
    ㅋㅋㅋ 전 모자....♡

• Mar 2015.02.12 17:15
    Music review, I am not good in this but as much as Jung Yong Hwa poured his effort to make this album, I will also try my best.

While sometimes we feel like we are doomed, feel like the reality is too cruel just like in the lines of the song, “All around this place are
    swords and shields, People become enemies, piercing, ripping, disappearing", the strong and rockish sound of “Checkmate” is about
    the cruel and rough reality we have to face, that we should never give up or take a step back, no matter how much sweats and tears
    we have to shed and continue to fight over our dreams, “The only thing that won’t go out is your dream”. Overall, the quite heavy and powerful sound of this song is the kind of song that boosts our self-confidences to just go on, inspires and urges many young souls out
    there who are on the verge of giving up to rise from the fallen position.

The song “27 Years” is about reminiscing the bittersweet journey of our lives, either sad or happy moments and memories that brought us tears or laughter. At the blink of an eye, we are already stepping into the higher stages of the world where our responsibilities are also becoming heavier to be lifted, and there are times I really want to “pause” the time and “rewind” it just like in the song, “Stop just like
    that, stop just like that”. The phrase “I see more wrinkles on my parents’ faces, I should’ve been better to them”, really moved me to
    tears. The message in this phrase is to appreciate and treasure your parents while they are still living and love them. Have we even once wondered how much efforts, hard work and pains that are laid in between those wrinkles of them? They devoted their whole life
    existence just to raise us, with hopes we grow into someone successful and to be respected by the community but without knowing some of us might turn them down and left their efforts in vain. From this song, we can really tell that he remembers and is grateful for the supports he has been receiving for the past few years from his family, friends and fans.

In the song “Last Leaf”, Yonghwa describes the world as beautiful, “Beautiful world”. We all know that life has lots of ups and downs and not really entirely beautiful. But if we look from other perspectives positively, we might really found the beautiful world that Yonghwa is talking about. . As for him, he might have gone through a lot of sufferings before and after he debuted as there were times he
    himself felt like giving up on music (in an interview) but MUSIC is his passion and interest. And so he continues with his passion, with
    the support from his dearest fans that continuously shining a light next to him and thus found his own beautiful world. With that, we
    fans will never be left alone when his music is present, “I’ll be by your side, I hope you won’t be standing alone”.

The song “Without You” is the song that touched me the most. The overall content of this song is written intelligently and I would give 11/10. From my point of view, life would be really different with the presence or absence of someone that is very important to you.
    Having experienced of living without a father since the age of 14 was like living through hell at the early stages. But somehow I managed to overcome all the sadness and hardships. The lyrics in this song reflect me so much. It’s true that sometimes, I feel like “I can’t even feel that you’re not here, I’m happy even without you”, “My days without you, they’re not hard at all, There’s no need to go along with your whining or your mood”. However, despite all these feelings, I still feel that IF he is still here, everything would be much better,
    happier and more meaningful, just like the phrase from the song, “If you were here, if you were here, I think it’d be a little better”. This
    song tells us significantly of how the presence of just one person can change your whole word. Different people would convey the message from this song differently based on their experiences, but the perspective and feeling of someone who truly experienced a real lost
    is much deeper.

This is one of the most frustrating things about “not being able to forget” disorder: knowing as you’re hurting because you cannot
    ever forget the love of your past that there’s no more reason to hold on, but lacking the ability to shut the emotion down. Though they still have feelings for each other, those fine days in the past cannot ever be repeated in the future, , and the only thing you can do is to
    treasure the memories as much as it hurts. The lyrics of “One Fine Day” has left this huge impression on me since I saw this MV and
    heard this song for the first time and I believe letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting there are things cannot be, as
    you will never ever be able to go opposite your “Destiny”.

As a whole album, this album is perfect and highly amiable. The songs moved me to tears and warmed my heart, not to forget to say
    that I was totally left in wonderment. Yonghwa is growing more mature in music and continuously will. If by chance Yong Hwa himself get to read all these reviews, I would like to say, Jung Yong Hwa, “Words fail me but you didn’t. Words cannot express our thankfulness. We contribute to you but never thought we would be on the receiving end. You have touched our hearts and our gratitude is overflowing. You moved thousands of hearts with your music :D :D"

#Prize no. 2 would be meaningful xD It's okay, I'm just pouring my heart out.
  • heich_ 2015.02.12 18:49
    ‘어느 멋진 날’이라는 앨범을 쭉 듣고 느꼈던 건,
    무엇보다 정용화라는 사람의 지난 27년을 오롯이 담았구나…하는 거였습니다.

‘어느 멋진 날’이 꼭 사랑에 대한 이야기가 아니라고 했고,
    실제로 작사가 정용화가 지은 많은 수의 곡들이 그러한 중의적인 내용을 가졌었죠.

이제까지의 많은 곡들은 겉으론 간혹 로맨스의 탈을 쓰고 있어도,
    다시 읽으면 춥고 힘든 긴 밤과 긴 겨울이 지나면 해가 뜨고 따뜻한 봄이 올 거라는,
    어려움과 벽을 딛고 꿈을 향해 한발 한발 나아가는 청년의 이야기가 주를 이뤄왔습니다.
    음악(과 음악가로서의 인정)에 대한 자신의 열정을 고백한 걸로 읽었던 ’Can’t Stop’도 그랬고,
    ‘One Time’ 부터, ’In My Head’, ‘Where you are’, ’Time is over’와
    이번 앨범의 수록곡인 ‘Checkmate’까지도 (‘한맺힌 DSM라인’ 이랄까)
    보다 직설적으로 이어지는 서사이지요.

반면 ‘어느 멋진 날’은 그 열혈청년이 이제는 과거를 반추한다는 점이 독특하게 다가왔습니다.
    그 날은 연인과 즐겼던 행복했던 날일 수도,
    요즘 인터뷰에서 언급하곤 하는 패기 가득했던, 일주일에 2시간만 자도 끄떡없었던, 
    풋풋한 정용화의 (지금보다) 젊은 날일 수도 있겠죠.

‘추억은 잔인하게…’도 그렇고, ‘마지막 잎새’나 ’27 years’도 그렇고
    이번 앨범에는 유난히 아직 젊은 나이에도 불구하고 다시금 뒤를 돌아보는 이야기가 많았던 것 같아요.

이제껏 한없이 앞만 보며 달렸던 그에게,
    그리고 아직도 창창한 앞날이 기다리는 그에게,
    새삼 브레이크를 걸고 자신과 자신의 ‘멋졌던 날’들을 돌아보게 한 건 무엇이었을까요?

그룹을 이끌어오다 이제는 자신만의 정규앨범을 만들 기회를 얻고 조금 더 자기 자신의 내면을 들여다 보았던 걸까요? 들여다 보니, 마냥 신나고 밝은 이야기만 있었던 건 아니었고, 아름다운 날들도, 지우고 싶은 날들도, 자신을 꼬옥 끌어안아주고 싶었던 날들도 있었던 걸까요? 5년 넘게 그 험한 곳에서 자신을 단련하며 성실하게 자기 위치를 지켜온 그가, 늘 자신 이상의 밴드와 회사를 대표해야 했던 그가, 드디어 ‘정용화의 이야기’를 풀어 놓을 수 있던 것일까요.

그 결과물은, 본인 성향처럼 직접적으로 깊은 음울함이나 처절함이 표출되는 방식은 아니었지만,
    역설이나 반어법처럼, 그만의 은근한 방법으로 부드럽게 표현되어 참 그 답다…고 느껴졌습니다.

다시 ‘어느 멋진 날’로 돌아가서.
    솔직히 처음에는 잔잔했습니다. 
    그간 정용화의 곡에서 느껴졌던 중독성 강한 훅이나 어떤 화려한 장치들보다는, 고요함이 가장 먼저 귀에 들어왔어요.
    심심하다-싶었다가, 두번째 듣고는 눈물을 쏙 뺐습니다. 그리곤 무한 반복…ㅠㅠ

힘을 뺀, 절제된 보컬. 그리고 온 마음을 다해 토해내는 향수 가득한 고백…
    가슴저릿하게 저음으로 어루만져주는 첼로 스트링.
    그 어느때보다도 소소해진 가사들.

초반에 땅 치고 나가서 반복되는 후크 같은 자극적인 것,
    혹은 과장하려 몇 겹씩 치장한 코러스 없이,
    담담하고 먹먹하다, 진심 가득 담아 불러내는 하이라이트에 진정 K.O.
    곡에 담은 마음의 깊이와 넓이가 가늠할 수 없을 만큼 와닿아 울렸던 것 같아요.
    조금 더 팝스럽고, 조금 더 정용화스럽고, 조금 더 재기발랄한 곡들은 수록곡에도 있지만
    이 곡은, 그 자체로 하나의 마스터피스라서…
    어느 앨범에 실리더라도 ‘수록곡’은 도저히 어울리지 않는 곡이 아닐까 생각합니다.

‘모던 클래식’이라는 말에 딱 들어맞는 명곡이라고 생각해요.

잘 들었습니다!!!

아무튼, 다시 정용화의 삶 이야기로 돌아가서.

그룹에서 솔로로 나온 싱어들이 콜라보레이션을 하는 이유는 여러가지입니다.
    장르적 베리에이션을 주고 싶은데, 자신이 혼자서만 하는 것 보다는
    그 분야의 사람과 하면 한결 정통이 되기 수월해지죠.
    신선함을 주기도 하고, 음원성적에 도움이 되기도 하고.
    그들로부터 음악적인 인정을 묻어가기도 쉽습니다. (예: 김창완님이 곡을 주셨다면, 그 곡을 ‘깔’ 비평가는 많지 않겠죠.)

물론 그런 의도들도 없진 않았겠지만,
    간혹 ‘콜라보를 위한 콜라보’로 정작 본인의 색이 죽거나 애매한 결과가 나오기도 하는 반면,
    이번 콜라보레이션들은 음악적으로도, 
    또 정용화 개인의 삶을 반추하거나 그의 현재를 발현하는 데에도 효과적으로 쓰입니다.
    이 효과는 그들에게 음악성을 기댄 게 아니라, 본인이 주도하고 본인이 쓴 곡들에 타 아티스트를 초빙한 형식이라는데서 나옵니다. 결과적으로 모든 콜라보 곡의 주인은 앨범과 각 곡을 프로듀스한 정용화이기의, 그의 삶을 이야기할 수밖에 없는 것이죠.
    (따라서 음악성에 대한 비판도 오롯이 홀로 받는;; 리스크가 높으나, 한결 정도를 걷는 정면돌파인 셈입니다.)

그중 가장 가슴을 건드린 곡은, 3번 트랙 ‘추억은 잔인하게…’
    직접 밝혔듯이 윤도현씨에 대한 트리뷰트입니다.
    처음엔 왜 락발라드가 앨범 초반부일까? 싶었었는데 (초장부터 급 클라이막스로 치닫는 것 같아서요)
    어렸을 때 윤도현씨의 음악을 듣고 자랐고, 노래방에서 100번씩 불러가며 가수의 꿈을 키웠다고 했었죠.
    가수 정용화의 소중한 시작. 그 감성을 담은 곡이 아닐까 싶습니다.
    왜 하던 장르를 답습했냐던 평가가 있었는데, 완전한 오독입니다.
    이 곡은 해오던 걸 반복하는 게 아니라, ‘일부러’ 골라잡은 장르인 겁니다.
    유년시절의 꿈꾸던 자신을, 이제는 그런 곡을 쓸 수 있게 된 작곡가가 되어 고스란히 재현한 거죠.
    많은 분들이 언급하셨지만 저는 이 곡의 보컬 어레인지가 너무나 벅차게 좋습니다.
    용화가 노래를 수줍게 먼저 시작한 뒤, 자신의 우상 윤도현씨가 
    이제는 비슷한 키로 자라버린 소년의 뒤에서 그림자처럼 단단히 나타납니다.
    그의 목소리를 수백번 수천번도 따라 연습해온 청년은, 음색의 결을 그대로 맞춰가면서 하모니를 절정으로 치닫게 하죠. 
    두 사람의 포개진 샤우팅이 이토록 아름답게 들린 적이 있었나…이렇게 심장 뛰게 한 적 있었나 여러 번 전율했습니다.

이 곡의 가사는 처음에 언뜻 들으면 조금 직관에 어긋납니다.
    분명 행복했던 시간인데, 자신을 너무나 괴롭힙니다. 제발 지워졌으면 좋겠습니다...
    변하고 잊혀진다던 시간인데, 자신에게는 변하질 않습니다. 잊고 싶지만 또 한켠으론 보고 싶습니다.
    ‘어느 멋진 날’에서부터 이어지는 역설의 어법. 그런데 한결 감정의 파고가 세고 순도가 높습니다.
    이성적으론 언뜻 쉽게 잡히지 않는 논리인데 감성을 후두둑 흔들어 버리는 느낌을 받았어요.
    강하고 거친 남성성이 느껴지는 보컬이지만, 시는 결코 센 척 하지 않고 내면의 상충되는 감정들을 솔직히 말합니다.
    강명석씨가 말한 대로 ‘직구’의 힘에 정말이지 크게 스트라이크를 먹을 수 밖에 없는 곡.

여기까지 쓰고보니, 너무…쓸데없이 길게 써 버렸지 싶어서;;;;;
    언급하지 않을 수 없는 한곡만 마저 적고 끝내겠습니다. 나머지는 또 다른 분들이 적어 주시면^^;; 생각나는 대로 덧붙일게요.

27 years.
    가사 내용은 너무도 직설적으로 지금까지의 삶을 되돌아보고 있죠.
    곡으로선 가장 자금까지의 작법에서 새롭게 나아간 곡이 아닐까 싶습니다.
    피터말릭씨와 함께 썼기 때문이겠지만, 이 블루그래스?느낌마저 살짝 나는 포크 사운드가 너무 좋습니다.
    엠티비 언플러그드 이후 저는 블루지/컨트리 계열을 쓰고 부르는 정용화도 너무 너무 듣고 싶었기 때문에.
    그 열망이 상당히 충족된 곡이었어요^^
    각종 어쿠스틱 악기 사운드가 여유롭게 구성되어 귀를 풍요롭게 해 줍니다.
    보컬도 한층 힘을 빼고 릴랙스되게 툭 툭 던지듯이 부르는데, 아~~~ 너무 좋단 말이예요.
    살짝 마이너(?)조의 음들이 여기저기 삐죽삐죽 튀어나오는데…취향입니다. ㅠ_ㅠ 

약간은 나른하기까지 한 느낌이 드는 곡조로 아름다웠던 날들을 되새기는 아름다운 노래.
    한가을 따사로운 햇볕아래, 단풍이 예쁜 외곽에서 드라이브를 하면서 창 밖으로 손 내밀어 바람을 느끼는 천진난만한 아이(=용화ㅋ) 가 연상되더라구요.
    정말 주마등처럼 그가 살아왔을 27년이 눈앞에 그려지기도 하고.
    이제까지 너무 빠르게 달려왔다는 걸, “물한잔 하고 가” 처럼 어딘가 애늙은이스러운 말투라든지, 
    “그대로 멈춰(라)”, “얼음(땡)” 처럼, 소풍 가서 하고 놀던 어린 시절의 놀이 이름을 이용한 가사 센스가 발군입니다.

실컷 적었지만, 실은 어떤 평가를 하기보다는 그냥 마냥…푸근하고 좋은 노래. 
    그동안 참 열심히 달려온 그의 삶의 1막을 포근히 감싸안아주기에, 그의 인생을 집약한 솔로 1집의 마무리 곡으로 정말이지 완벽, 완전한 곡인 것 같아요. 그의 곡이 다 그렇긴 하지만, 들을 수록 진국인 곡.

일단 여기까지 마무리 할게요~
    너무 길게 민폐를 끼친 게 아닌가 하는;;;;;
  • 라이브가진리 2015.02.12 20:34
    너무나도 기다리던 앨범이라 두근대는 마음으로 한곡한곡 감상하며 들었습니다.
    어느 멋진 날은 잔잔하게 좋다 하면서 듣다가 우우우~ 부분에서 소름이 끼치면서 이런 전개로 더 마음을 울릴수도 있구나 정말 한곡을 완성하기 위해 많은 생각을 했구나 하는 생각이 드는 그런 멋진 곡이었습니다.
    또 콜라보노래 중에선 윤도현님과 함께한 추억은 잔인하게가 가장 좋았습니다. 평상시 락적인 보컬을 좋아하던 지라 곧고 맑은 보컬의 강조도 좋았고 윤도현님과의 화음부분은 정말 멋지구나 하는 생각이 드는 곡이었습니다. 화음부분만 몇번을 돌려 들을 정도로 말이죠.
    보컬솔로곡에선 마지막 잎새를 좋아하는데 이 노래은 그냥 전체적으로 다 마음에 드는 곡입니다 가사도, 멜로디도, 목소리도 모든게 하나로 어우러져 정말 넋놓고 듣게 되는 힘이되는 노래라 밤에 자기 전에 즐겨듣는 노래입니다.
    이 외에도 모든 곡이 맘에드는 정말 솔로 첫번째 앨범을 위해 많은 노력을 했구나 하는게 느껴지는 앨범이라 생각되고 그에 따르는 반응이 있어 정용화의 팬이라는게 뿌듯한 앨범입니다.
  • 뿌루뿌루 2015.02.12 21:00
    항상 기다려왔던 솔로앨범!!!
    과연 타이틀곡은 어떤 스타일일까 정말 궁금했었는데
    어느멋진날.. 정말 예상을 뒤엎은 곡이었어요.
    듣자마자 눈물이 나더라고요 멜로디도 좋지만 특히 애절한 목소리가 심장을 쿵하게 만들었어요.
    본인도 이 곡을 녹음할때 제일 열심히 불렀고 신경썼다고 했는데 뭔가 노력한게 느껴졌어요.
    가사도 하나하나 그 멋졌던 날들이 눈 앞에 딱 그려질만큼 와닿았어요.
    저는 이별한 경험은 없지만 이번에 고등학교 졸업을 했는데요...
    학창시절이 제게 어느멋진날로 남을것 같아요. 돌아갈수 없지만 벌써 그립네요 ㅠㅠ
    매일 몇번씩이나 이 곡을 듣는데도 전혀 질리지가 않아요.
    오래오래 기억에 남을 명곡인듯ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 결론은 정용화 최고bbb 짱짱맨

혹시.. 추첨의 운이 있다면 전 3번이요 (ㅎㅎ)
  • 설레임 2015.02.12 21:53
    정용화의 실력을 알고 있었음에도 불구하고...이 앨범을 늦은밤에 침대에 누워 이어폰으로 듣는데 정말 진심으로 감동을 받았습니다.어느 멋진 날은 용화의 말대로 사랑에만 국한된게 아니라 정말 다시 돌아갈 수 없는 나의 지난 날들을 돌이켜 보는...저절로 눈물이 떨어지는 그런 감정이 소용돌이 치는 곡이었어요...저에게는요...마지막 잎새, 27years,니가 없어도 등등 모든곡에서 용화의 노력과 능력이 보이는 멋진 앨범입니다 정용화~화이팅!!!
  • favoriteblue28 2015.02.12 23:03
    Just being happy like everyone about YONGHWA solo album. Just love the fact that in one album can feel like I pick and choose different songs from different albums and put together as my one favorite cd on the go.
    ONE FINE DAY.... At the first time listen to this song, I am not really like it. But it grow deep deep I my heart as I listen more and more. That how YongHwa ballad songs does to me. Until understand the lyric. Yes, THAT DAY,THAT DAY,THAT DAY. How we wish only that day certain thing did happen or it did happen. Bring back so much memories.
    LAST LEAF.......the intro of the piano, is already make this song my favorite. Without understanding the meaning of the song. Wonder why
    fell so sad when even YongHwa sing beautiful love, love love. Until find out the meaning of the lyric. It is so truth that some time , some point, we feel lonely, and where can one seek for help, but oneself have to find a way out of it.
    27YEAR.......after reading some review, then I went and search for this song. (I didn't get the chance to listense to all his songs in this album until now). By the time I realized what happen is my body move left and right with the rhythm =). It cute the way he flash back memories for his being of 27 years. How many 27 year old in the world will actually really concern about their parents getting winkle as each year passing by....I like the way YongHwa sing this song.
    All in all, Yonghwa music always help me through my tough time. When I feel lonely and everything around me is like in a maze no way out. I will listen to his beautiful voice to clear my head to slow down and solve the problem. Like his song " man in front of the mirror"
    His last leaf ..... No need to say it is Superb dupper heart felt song to me.
  • Lois 2015.02.13 05:13
    각기 다른 스타일의 콜라보레이션 작품들, 정용화가 자기 아이처럼 품고있다 이 세상에 태어나게한 니가없어도, 마지막 잎새. 그 모든 곡 안에 녹아있는 정용화의 흔적들을 맘껏 즐기고 있습니다. 어떤 음악 평론가는 DNA로 표현하셨던가요?
    음악 속에 만든 아티스트의 마음, 느낌, 생각, 심지어 성격, 성품까지도 느껴지는 앨범이라 팬들에게는 더할나위없는 선물이겠고, 모든 듣는 이들로 하여금 좋은 느낌을 갖도록 하는 힘이 있어요.
    원기옥ー 힘들때 혼자 자책하며 끙끙거리는 성격인 저에게 힘을 주는 곡. 멜로디 듣고 있으면 묘하게 흥이나, 가사를 듣다보면 난 혼자가 아니라 내 주위에 나에게 에너지가 되어줄 사람들과 공존한다는것을 상기시켜줌. 버벌진트와의 콜라보로인해 가사가 한층 업그레이드.
    어느멋진날- 개인적으론 부모님 돌아가신후에 앨범 뒤척이면서 듣기에 안성맞춤이라 생각함. MV때문에 일본어 버전은 가사가 그렇게 되어버려 아쉬움.
    추억은 잔인하게ー음악이 너무 멋지고 가사는 더할나위없이 매력적. "그말 다 틀렸어 내게 남아있어" 제일 좋아하는 대목. 가사 느낌이 니가 없어도랑 비슷함. 용화의 연예 스타일?
    마일리지- 뜬금없는 유부남 스토리를 자기 스타일로 표현해 본인의 애처가 (공처가?)기질을 만천하에 알림. 평소 주위 사람들에게 백만 마일리지 쌓고, 또 쌓으며 사는 정용화씨, 그 마일리지 이제 좀 쓰시죠?
    마지막 잎새- 자기가 힘들어 죽겠는데 한탄 원망 불평은 커녕 마지막 잎새가 되어 오히려 남에게 희망을 주려는 정용화씨... 당신은 정말 그런 사람인거야?(ㅠㅠ 나 리뷰쓰며 울고있슴...)
    27Years- 음악적으로 새롭고 세련됨. 가사는 살짝 아쉬움.

하여튼, 정용화의 스멜이 확실하게 배어있는 이번 솔로앨범은 상상 초월이었고 앞으로의 행보가 소름돗게 기대됩니다. 혹시라도 제 글이 선택되면 선물은 1번 혹은 2번으로...
  • YAT 2015.02.13 15:39

Yong Hwa's album is like a long-awaited present since I first hear him sing in YAB. For me, it's a timely & wonderful gift to start 2015 and a dream come true for me to enjoy the fine music and songs of solo artiste Jung Yong Hwa. This album is so special because it stir my thoughts and feelings, warm my heart and comfort me. I love every song in this album. I can't choose a special song because each is a precious gem ... the beautiful compositions, the emotions & stories in the lyrics and the vocals that I love. I can't wait for his 2nd solo album.

• n년째용수니 2015.02.14 02:35
    음원이 나오던날 두 손 꼭 모으고 덜덜 떨면서 한곡 한곡 듣던 그 기분을 잊지 못할 것 같아요. 가장 먼저 '어느멋진 날'을 듣고 ''어머 왠일이야ㅠㅠ노래너무 좋잖아ㅠㅠㅠ정용화 최고다 최고야ㅠㅠ'' 를 육성으로 내뱉으며 정용화 만세를 외칠 정도로 어멋날은 정말 타이틀곡으로서 부족함이 없다고 생각해요. 대중들은 정용화, 씨엔블루 하면 제일 먼저 빠르고 리드미컬한 곡을 떠올리는데 이번 곡으로 보컬리스트로서 정용화, 호소력 짙은 감성보컬의 매력을 제대로 어필했죠. 2절 ''그대는 날 잊어간대도 하염없이 흘러내려요....'' 그 부분에서 변주(?)되면서 점점 고조되다가 허밍으로 정점을 찍는 부분!! 정말 애정합니다.
    사실 예전에는 가사가 살짝 아쉬운 감이 없잖아 있었는데 이번 앨범은 가사도 정말 신경을 많이 썻구나, 더욱 깊어지고 섬세해졌구나를 느낄 수 있어서 좋았어요. 수록곡 중에는 추억은 잔인하게, 체크메이트에서 선배님들과 목소리가 합쳐질 때 소오름... 투보컬이란 이런것이구나 말그대로 꽉 차있는 보컬의 힘을 느낄 수 있어서 좋았어요. 또, 마지막 잎새.... 이곡은 제목만 들어서 가슴이 아려오는 곡인데요.... 가사를 음미하면서 들으면 가슴에 큰 돌덩이가 내려앉듯이 쿵 하는 느낌입니다 . 그렇게 힘든 상황에서 만든 노래인데 beautiful world를 외칠 수 있는 정용화의 내면은 얼마나 깊고 단단한 것일까 다시한번 느끼게 되었어요.
    이 외에도 정말 앨범 전체, 한 곡 한 곡 정용화의 정서를 그대로 느낄 수 있는 앨범을 만나볼 수 있다는 자체로 행복했고 감사했습니다. 처음 정용화를 좋아했을 때만해도 이렇게 어메이징한 ,전곡자작곡으로 꽉찬 솔로앨범을 만나볼 수 있을거라고 상상도 못했는데... 팬으로서 정용화가 진정한 뮤지션으로 성장하는 모습을 보게 되어 가슴 벅찰 따름입니다. 정용화 사랑해♥

*리뷰는 처음 써봐서 갑자기 용수니고백으로 마무리하는 요상한 리뷰지만.. 혹시라도 당첨된다면 저는 2번 스페셜앨범을 받고 싶습니다..헤헷
  • Lindsey 2015.02.14 17:21

For me, what makes the solo album so precious is the amount of hard work Yonghwa puts in and the lyrics he wrote. We could almost relate 

to the lyrics of almost every songs in One Fine Day album as we have all experience it in our lives. But there's two songs lyrics which got my attention and they are Energy & Checkmate:-

1.Energy (I need your energy.. I can’t move, please give your hands to me

2.Checkmate (Here I am for you I will fight with you... I’ll never give up I’ll never give up )

Yong's music has been my source of energy in the past 5 years and when I heard that he's releasing a solo album, I'm extremely thrilled about it. Whenever I'm feeling down or sad or even having a bad day, listening to Energy and Checkmate will be a good energy booster. It is what makes me forget about those unpleasantness and put a smile on my face. It also strives me to become a stronger person and work even harder and not easily give up when there's hardships. And it reminded me of Yong's positive attitude which is highly admirable. No matter how harsh is the situation, he is always optimistic about it . So in life no matter how hard is it, we got to move forward caused if we give up it means we failed. Well, let's just say, nothing ever comes easy. No Pain No Gain.

Overall, I'm extremely thankful for him to be able to write such hopeful and meaningful lyrics. I'm hoping for Yong's 2nd solo album 

in near future.  Can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

P/S: It would be great If I could win prize no.2 ^^

• gardenofdarkness 2015.02.14 19:27
    I feel I could have done so much better if it wasn't for the fact that I stayed up all night and need to actually work in 2 hrs .-.

1- Intro// The intro is quite classical, with strings that for some weird reason, make me feel isolated, lonely u.u I guess it's the cellos effect? It always happens to me! This is the intro to Yonghwa's own music world showcased on One Fine Day album.

2- One Fine Day// I'm not a particular fan of ballads, but this one surely gets all my love. It's a modern ballad and to me it sounds like a really good one. It actually reminds me of italian pop rock ballads, the ones you usually hear on the radio. Yonghwa's voice steals the spotlight and since it doesn't have too many distracting tracks (such as effects, whispers as in CNBLUE songs) one can naturally focus on his beautiful voice.

3- Cruel Memories// I didn't know anything about Yoon Do Hyun before Yonghwa mentioned he is a great fan of him. I'm glad he has had the chance to collaborate with him on this song, I mean it's every fan's dream, right? or at least mine :). This song is a pop rock track led by acoustic guitar and as it name suggests, it's about Cruel Memories... I guess everyone has been through the same so anyone can relate to this song easily.

4- Energy// When I saw Yonghwa's tweet saying he was at Verbal Jint's place I did not know anything about him. But something caught my attention and that was VJ's studio. It was pretty dark, inspiring (in my opinion)... I guess he is a night-owl, just like me... This song is about that moment when you feel you've ran out of energy... it happens to me very often, but there's a lot of things in this world that can make you "recharge" it, you just have to realize which ones are ^^

5- Mileage// The catchiest song on the album. This pop, bossa nova-ish song was inspired by YDG, whom Yonghwa met through The Three Musketeers. I think it's really nice of Yonghwa to kind of admire the life YDG leads... I really enjoyed the MV and this song is pretty relaxing. When I'm stressed out, I must play it! PS: I really love the bossa nova melody, so lovely! Can I get a caipirinha while listening to it? Kkk

6- Checkmate// This song is absolutely great! I had so many expectations on this song and Yonghwa + JJ Lin fulfilled them by 1000%! It's just the style of rock I like. When I heard this song, I felt its cold feeling immediately. It kinda reminds me of MUSE songs, you can feel the synth rock feel here. N' it also has this glam rock touch which makes it absolutely amazing to listen to.

7- Without you// A very nice R&B oriented song. It's quite relaxing. There is something on the vocal melody that I really like... something like "positive sadness"... For some reason it reminds of Michael Jackson's downtempo songs ^^ The first time I heard it, without knowing the lyrics to it, I kinda imagined myself all alone, going out in the morning, trying to bear the cruel winter cold.

8- Last Leaf// I was totally looking forward to this song since the day I heard the medley preview. I read Yonghwa got the inspiration to write it when reading One Last Leaf, which is a short, but beautiful and of course inspiring story. It's quite curious the way he sings the song, singing such beautiful lines, but with a bittersweet tone in his voice.

9. Goodnight lover// I don't know why but this song sounds kinda Christmassy to me (? kkk! ^^ I like it, it shows Yonghwa's cute side :) While listening to it, I cannot help but to play "air drum". I wonder if he actually wanted to release this album during Christmas time (??? because this song would have been perfect to play it next to a beautifully ornamented X-mas tree *O* or to light a few apple-cinnamon or vanilla cookie scented candles while humming to it.

10- 27 Years// It's very fascinating seeing the way Yonghwa has made many of his dreams come true and I'm truly honored to be his fan and be able to witness it. I also make music (not as good as him or Peter Malick though lol) on an amateur level ._. and it's been my dream to have my favorite producers and singers to collaborate on something with me... This song talks about Yonghwa's life and I must confess I was really happy when he met his old friends as we could see on Hologram, because this song tells the fact that they did not meet each other as often as when they were young. Seeing that on his reality show, and seeing how wide his smile got during that night/morning (lol) made me really happy. I read that Peter Malick plays the guitar on this song, how cool is that?! ^_^ Yonghwa has achieved so much 'til now and I do hope he continues the same way, growing both musically and spiritually ^^

Pref. Prize: 2 (OFD Special Album).... I'm a big fan of the LP sized albums (Lady, Can't Stop). :)
  • Erasera 2015.02.14 22:09
    This won't be written in typical review format and will probably be long. I hope my love for our boy and his music comes across well. :)

To me, Yonghwa is a very interesting, deep person for his age. He's thoughtful and cautious with his actions. And when we see him most times, he's 
    smiling and joking, easily keeping the atmosphere around him light-hearted. Then there are times when the smile is gone and just from the look on 
    his face you can tell he's deep in thought. Those are times I wish I could get into his head.

That's why I like this album so much, along with the interviews where he talks about the creation process. It gives us insight on those times of 
    thought and lets us in on who he is. And from what I've seen, Jung Yonghwa is a complex, beautiful person.

When I found out Yonghwa was going to do a solo album, I was so excited! Because he's a songwriter who writes from his own experiences and of 
    those around him, I was anxious to see what stories he would tell us on his own album.

I love the entire album and I've played it full length at least once or twice a day since its release. But here are the songs that struck me most.

원기옥 (Energy)

The composition of the music itself is relatively upbeat compared to the lyrics. It starts off about how he wakes up like any other day, like every day 
    is exactly the same. That in itself is a draining thought. 'Nothing's different, nothing's exciting. This is what I do every day.' And on that day, he has no 
    strength and he can't pinpoint why. It goes into the chorus saying he's breaking down and is almost begging for energy. Thinking about that 
    translation even when listening to the lyrics in Korean makes me sad. When I watched the first episode of Hologram and he was in his apartment 
    in the morning, looking groggy and bored, I thought about this song. Like, 'Is this how he feels in his quiet times when he's alone?' Is he asking us, 
    his fans, if we can see he's losing energy? "I'm breaking down, can't you see?~" ... Listening to it near the end when Verbal Jint comes in and Yong is 
    singing in the background, it feels even more like a need for reassurance, guidance, and the will to go on... Such a well done, honest track!

Mileage (마일리지)

Yesss, Mileage~ I loved this song from the very first play-through! Such a light tone to it and I can't help but sway along with the beat every time it 
    plays. I also like the definition of mileage. 'I spend time with my loved ones, take care of my responsibilities with them and work requires long hours. So since 
    I've racked up a nice amount of mileage doing all these things, let me use some of it by having some me-time. And once the night's over, I'll be back to you to rack 
    up more mileage.' I like how the lyrics are written like Yonghwa is having a conversation with his girlfriend (and YDG conversing with his wife) 
    explaining the logic behind asking to use their mileage because they rarely get the chance. It's clever and comical, as is the music video that was 
    released with it. I would love to see them collab again because this was a great track... and I like their friendship. :)

니가 없어도 (Without You)

I feel like this is a song inspired by a story from one of his friends. Per the translation, the lyrics are essentially a lie about one's feelings until the 
    very end. Outside of the musicality of the song, I really like that detail about it. 

I like how it opens with that soft piano and then he sings about how he's okay with the fact that his ex is not around anymore to nag and complain. 
    He can do what he wants without having to answer to his partner anymore, like he can breathe easier now in freedom. "It's actually better without 
    you~" ... And then that beat drops. I spazz over it every time the song plays, lol (don't judge me). 'Without you, I can't even feel that you're not here. 
    Things have gotten better since you left~' And the song continues like that until about the last minute worth. Then it gradually transitions into a 
    confession of his real feelings. "Sometimes when I think about you, I do get sad, even to the point of shedding tears, But despite that, it's still bearable~..." Until 
    he really says it outright at the end... "If you were here, it'd be a little better~" I love the spin on the lyrics, definitely from the mind of a man who 
    has an issue admitting his feelings when he's jaded from a relationship. And the transition from a smooth, soft delivery into a powerful, heartfelt 
    confession at the end with the way Yong sings it... Can you tell I really like this song? Lol!

Okay, I've babbled enough in "review." I hope you liked it. AND if I'm deemed a winner, could I have prize #1, entry into the Data area? 
    감사합니다!
  • 보유 2015.02.14 22:16

어느 멋진 날을 처음 들었을때 용화오빠도 이런 곡이 가능하구나 라는 생각이 처음에 먼저 들면서 정말 오빠 능력의 끝은 어딜까 생각을 했어요 저는 한 노래에 빠져서 하루종일 듣는다거나 그런적이 없는데 어느 멋진 날 이 노래는 저도 이유를 모른체 하루종일 듣고 또 듣는 것을 멈출 수 가 없어서 잠도 늦게 잤던 적이 있어요 특히 저는 2절에 후후후 하는 부분은 여러번을 반복해 듣는 제가 제일 좋아하는 부분이에요 이 노래는 들으면서 울컥하고 정말 여운이 많이 남는 곡입니다

• sunny 2015.02.14 22:42
    인트로
    세계명작을 보기전의 웅장함.굉장히 서정적이다..
    인트로만으로 이 뮤지션의 가늠할수 없는 깊이와 넓이가 얼마나 상상이상인가를 보여준다.
    기계음으로 지쳐있던 리스너들을 따듯하고 편안하게 귀를 사로잡는다.
    .이때까지 보여준 씨엔블루의 정용화
    앞으로 정용화가 보여줄 어마무시한 스케일이 느껴진다..
    가슴 저 밑까지 감성을 울리는 멜로디다.
    이앨범에 어떤 음악들이 들어있을지 이것만으로 기대감
    을 최고조로 끌어올릴만하다.

너무 길어서 intro만...
    이번 앨범은 전체적으로 가슴 저 밑까지 울리는 감성..마지막잎새에서 정점을 찍는...Goodnight Lover
    로 이어지면서 감정을 살살 달래주는 전체적으로 서서히 달궈가다가 가슴 밑바닥의 아픔까지 어루만져주는
    그런 앨범이다....
    다음엔 어떤 감성으로 어떤 곡들을 들려줄지 너무너무 기대된다..개인적으로 이번엔 좀 dark하다면 다음엔 정반대이길...
  • juliyeah 2015.02.15 12:00
    When I first heard the whole album, I was at loss for words. I have been anticipating for Yonghwa's solo album for a long time that I didn't expect it to be this great.. Right from the Intro till 27 years, everything was straight up perfect. It is impossible not to have the whole album grow into you, impossible not to be addicted to even a single song. Yonghwa improved a lot as an artist, his diversity in the field of music has grown. These are my top 3 favorites:

ENERGY: this song builds up the energy that you have lost while working. Very motivating, gives out a refreshing feeling and the burden you've been holding inside is lost.

MILEAGE: groovy, addicting...has Bossa Nova feel in it? Easy to sing along with, and since it comes with a bit of choreography, you might as well dance along to it!^^ Even people around me who aren't fans of Yonghwa likes this song a lot!

LAST LEAF: I love how it enters in a calm manner and the tune builds up gradually until it explodes like a confetti that has fragrant flowers in it. It feels like that (as for me)... Overall, the song is very beautiful. Heard that it was composed when Yonghwa feels like giving up on music. Glad that he didn't and made this song.

So... I didn't write a review for the rest of the song because, I can't really express the 'feel' it gave me. As if my vocabulary was minimized to 'cool', awesome' and 'beautiful' ㅋㅋㅋAnyways, I am wishing Yonghwa success after his album promotions^^
  • ta_yooong 2015.02.15 16:46
    I thank actor Yonghwa for bringing me into his world of music. Did i like Yonghwa's music because i love him as an actor first or did i like him more of an actor because i learned about his music and know him better because of it? All i know is that his music moves me. I'm already addicted to it and I dont even understand the lyrics. His music ignores language and culture in that it brought everyone into one cohesive group of understanding. As it is, it already gives me the positive vibes and happy feelings i needed to listen to and de-stress. I'm not one to break it down to pieces -to notes -to lyrics -to instruments on why i like it. All i know is, it struck something deep within me, lifting me up and healing me, re-energizing me in my world of stressfulness and sadness constantly dealing with life and how to heal it and deal with it when it cant.

This album. A manna from heaven to my depleting energy and thirsting soul. From the soaring instrumental intro to the last reflective song. 10 self composed songs. A labor of love. He calls it his children. He has nurtured for about a year ,giving it his all. And his all did not disappoint. It exceeded beyond expectation. I always liked his music and this just cements everything in place. I see his love, his sadness, his angst,his frustrations, his triumph, his inner battle and how he coped with grace in this album. I see his thoughtfulness, his intelligence, his maturity, his gentleness, in the lyrics. And i see his soulfulness, pureness, the realness in the melodies he created. I cant chose which one i like best. Just like him loving each one of this songs like his children, I'm like a grandma proud and elated for each one, just enjoying the wonderful end product of an artistic creation. Like it's my own minus the creativity responsibility. No other type of music can move me more like his beautiful music does. It's a perfect reflection of who he is....my star Jung YongWha.
  • desy 2015.02.15 16:55
    LOVE all songs in one fine day album.

One fine day is such a beautiful song. A song reminds people of their beautiful days with their beloved ones. This song may relate to many people stories.

Mileage is the song that makes me happy and always keeps me happy in every time i listen it. Listening this song for the first time, i can't wait to listen all songs in the album. This song also could answer many people doubts, why Yong needs solo album. I love the theme of this song. He is such adorable to make song based on his conversation in his drama set.

All songs are great and i can't express in my writing in details why i love intro, cruel memories, energy, checkmate, without you, last leaf, good night lover and 27 years. Btw, i mostly listen this album from intro to 27 years. never skip any song.

Thank you, Yonghwa for one fine day album. This album has been waited since i become your fan and i hope, you will have second solo album in the near time. I can't wait to listen all songs LIVE in your concerts.See you in the concert venue(s) ^^
  • riefa 2015.02.15 16:56
    I never review about music but i'll try to write about my fav song on yonghwa's 1st solo album, and sorry for my poor english
    List of my fav song
    1. Checkmate - 1st when i heard this song i fall in love with the music. After i know the lyrics i more into this song. I feel that i know what yonghwa feel when he had hard day on his life/career and that's make me want always stay with him as his fans, i love the
    lyrics "here i am for you, i will fight with
    you" that what i want to say to him that
    i always support and love him on
    my way
    2. Last leaf - just like he say that this song like a comfort song when we had hard day. The lyrics "Beautiful world, world, beautiful love, love" make me heal from my "sick" and open mind that world is beautiful and full of love, we are always blessed that we can enjoy our life how hard the life. The music really suit with the lyrics and it's really comfort song for me
    3. Energy - the music bright that will make me recharge my energy. The lyrics have deep meaning, even i cried when read first. It's such a healing song for everyone that lose his/her energy listen this song will make the energy back.
    That's my most fav song on yonghwa's solo album and i love all the song on his 1st solo album. He really talented musician and this song i wish will be one step to be top of the world.
    That's all what i want to say, because i dunno what i have to say more since i'm not good to review music. Forgive my bad english
    Ps. If maybe i won, wanna prize no. 2
  • 모던쥬스 2015.02.15 18:30

1. intro
    영화 ost에서 나올만한 서정성이 다음 트랙으로 이어지고 증폭되는 느낌으로 아주 잘 만들어졌다.
    그간의 인트로들은 붐업시키는 느낌이라면 이번 인트로도 이 앨범의 색깔은 이거예요라고 미리보기 해주는것 처럼 서정적이다.
    2. 어느 멋진날
    이 노래를 음원으로 먼저 들었어야 했다. 뮤비로 그 처음을 맞이해서는 안되는거였다.
    정용화의 모든곡이 그렇듯이 그림이 절로 그려지는 노래였는데 들을때마다 뮤비남주여주가 떠오르는 불상사가 생겨버린다.
    남자가 길을 걷다 바람에 실려온 꽃잎으로 그녀를 떠올리는 시작을 했었다면 조금 다른 느낌이었을까.
    쓸쓸한 자취방 누워지내는 남주로 시작하던데 그게 실연후의 모습인지, 예전을 떠올리며 쓸쓸해하는 모습인지는 조금 모호하다.
    사각프레임이니 현재인데 담담하게 표현했다는 곡의 취지와는 달리 실연후 후회하는 모습으로 와닿아서 새여친이 있는 남주치곤
    배신감을 느낄 수 있는 대목이다.ㅎㅎ 전체적인 곡의 톤으로 봤을땐 뮤비가 나을지도 모르겠다만 가사가 주는 아련함과는 다소
    거리가 있지않나는 생각이 든다. 뮤비감상은 이쯤으로 하고.
    나는 어느 멋진날의 정통발라드가 정용화의 매력을 잘 보여주지 못했다고 생각한다.
    씨엔블루곡과의 차별으로 발라드를 들고 나왔다고는 했는데, 감성은 돈세굿바이나 그리워서, 내게로 올까요 정도의 것으로 가지고
    나왔음 좋았겠다. 그러니까 이것이 연한 회색이라면 좀 짙은 회색을 가지고 나왔으면 좋았겠다.
    나의 경우 들을때마다 몰입되는 렛미노등이 곡 끝까지 몰입감을 가져가기에 조금 아쉽다는 이야기다.
    ㅎㅎ이건 너무 많이 들어서 나오는 부작용이다. 처음엔 그래, 역시 타이틀감이야 라고 생각했다.
    3. 추억은 잔인하게
    어멋날이 옛추억의 아름다움을 기억해내는 곡이라면 추잔은 현재를 괴롭히는 그녀와의 추억을 진저리내며 거부한다. 실연후 얼마 안되는 지점인가 보다. 카랑카랑한 용화의 목소리와 묵직한 윤도현의 목소리 조화가 좋았다. 듣자마자 윤도현 스타일곡이란 느낌이 들던데, 그 사람을 생각하며 작곡하면 최적의 곡을 만들 수 있는 용화의 작곡능력이 놀랍다.
    4. 원기옥
    내가 제일 좋아하는 정용화목소리는 원기옥의 목소리가 아닐까한다. 청량함 그자체! 어느 블로그에서도 언급했듯 무기력한 가사와는 달리 밝은 기운이 돌게 부르는 갑류의 목소리가 아닌가! 정용화의 매력이 잘 드러난 곡이다.
    5. 마일리지
    이곡으로 정용화의 음악적 스펙트럼을 한번 더 확인했다. 정용화의 힙합은 어떨까란 생각을 해 본 적이 있는데, 비록 정통힙합은 아니었지만 굉장히 세련된 곡을 선사했다. 그리고 이적류의 생활형 가사를 드디어 자연스럽게 잘 써냈다. 양동근의 도움이 컸다.
    전반적인 목소리의 힘과 코러스에서 보여주는 미성, 가사로 알 수 있는 따뜻함. 거기다 잠재된 댄스실력까지.
    참 많은 것을 보여줬던 곡이 아닐 까한다.
    6. 체크메이트
    씨엔블루 음악에 들어갔어도 좋을 곡이지만, 혼자서 소화하기엔 어렵지 않을까한다. 멤버는 부족해보이고 대등한 실력자와의 주고받음이 필요해보이기에 임준걸씨와의 체크메이트는 딱이라는 느낌. 그래서 솔로앨범에 넣는게 당연한거구나는 생각이 들게한다.
    만약 듀오를 선보인다면 이런 느낌이 좋겠다는 생각을 갖게하기도..
    데모버전까지 듣고나니 참 힘든시간들을 용케도 잘 버텨냈구나란 안쓰러움과 대견함마져 든다.
    가사쓰며 스트레쓰를 풀고 그 가사로 그의 사정을 짐작할 수 있다는것이 좋다. 돈케어나 로봇, 원모타임때도 그렇고 또하나의 소통이 아닐까.
    하긴 음악이 팬과의 소통이자 교류니.
    7. 니가 없어도
    체크메이트 데모버전을 듣고나니 이곡도 그렇게 흠뻑취해 한번에 부른 곡인 느낌이 든다.
    목소리하나로만으로 가능한 곡. 역설적인 가사로 알수 있는 그의 내면은 덤이다.
    니가 있으면 좋겠다는 마음이 확실하게 전달되는 곡. ㅎㅎㅎ 알겠어~
    8. 마지막 잎새
    앨범을 처음부터 끝까지 듣던 중 펑펑 울어버리게 만든 트랙.
    가사가 어찌나 아프던지..
    정용화의 성장은 가사의 성장으로 알 수 있지만, 그의 아픔은 가늠이 안된다.
    9. Goodnight Lover
    하일라이트 메들리에서 다른 트랙들이 기대를 갖게 했다면 이 트랙은 그냥 내입에 붙어버려 자리잡았었다.
    멜로디 메이커로의 면모를 다시 확인함. 짧은 소절공개로 바로 흥얼거리게 하는 중독성이 대단하나, 가사는 맘에 안든다.ㅋ
    10. 27Years
    이 곡은 여태까지 정용화가 만든곡과는 좀 다른 궤가 아닐까란 생각을 해봤다.
    정말 일기속에나 등장할 사적인 가사와 소위 클라이막스라는게 없는 잔잔함.
    피터 말릭씨가 어디쯤 가담했는지 잘 모르겠으나 분명히 영향력을 뻗치고 있음을 알 수 있는 오묘한 곡.

다들 선물언급을 하니... 저는 3번이 좋겠습니다. 하하하

• Samwinchester 2015.02.15 18:32
    Alright, this may sound so cliche but who wouldnt like the sweet and smooth melody of One Fine Day?
    Its pretty hard to choose the best song out of all the songs in the album as each of them has its own emotion attached to it as if he poured all of his emotions to each of the songs. How is it even possible? He is truly The Emotional JYH. So if i were to write how i feel about each songs, its gonna be a freaking long essay.So, ill just stick to this one fine song. And where should i start?
    The music? His voice fits perfectly in any genre, be it rock, jazz, or even those old folk traditional songs . But ballads? Its like they are made for each other. His smooth yet deep voice screams perfection.
    And the lyrics? It just tugged your heart at its core. The longing of someone to their beloved one was conveyed perfectly by YH through this song. So yeah, its a perfection for me

Ps: no 2 for me,please? :>
  • s.jefferson 2015.02.15 20:02
    All along, Yonghwa gives me the impression that he not only delivers good music but also spreads love and happiness. Yonghwa has a beautiful voice that always carry the songs out to us.

“One Fine Day” album is a very colourful production. He has tried different genres rather than his specialized DSM music. However, my heart aches while I listen to the album. He seems breaking down by stress.

I love every track and Energy is my most favourite one. This collaboration is awesome, from music to lyrics to rap. I can sense Yonghwa’s restlessness, exhaustion and helplessness. “I’m falling, falling, falling..” “Hold me hold me please..” I sob but feel happy at the same time. To keep his pace steadily on his music journey, Yonghwa needs to be a "healthy" person, physically and emotionally.

I see “One Fine Day” a successful album. Except the great music, Yonghwa is unveiling his true feelings to us!
  • strawberriesblues 2015.02.15 22:48

Just have to start with I am SO GLAD YongHwa chose the 'Ballad way' for this solo album (sorry, have never been a big fan of rock) LoveIt!!!!!

2> One Fine Day : Currently this song sticks most to me as i guess, like the rest of the people here, have been playing the MV almost non stop the past 4 weeks. Love how the song focuses on his vocals and his emotions put into singing this song, brings out all sorts of emotions every time i listen to it. No matter how many times. One Fine day...the good time we had together, with friends, with family that can no longer be. One Fine day..we will achieve our goal. One Fine Day..we will reach our goal. One Fine Day..we will be complete. So many ways to put it, so many ways to live it. Thanks to Yong, all these have been put into perspective recently.

3> Cruel Memories : This song, kinda blew me away. I could not stop replaying when i could. The 2 voices merged, the 2 guys belting it out. I always do feel YDH's acknowledgement for Yong's talent by doing this with him listening to this song. Most Importantly, this song, this collaboration is Yong's dream come true.

4> Energy : A Nice perk me up song to me. Times when i feel really restless, for some reasons,spirit lifts once i hear this song.The Uplifting melody, Yong's (90% Voice, 10%air?)voice...I need your energy!

5> Mileage : Being the 1st song that was released, this hold a special place in the heart. This Being a whole different genre that wasn't present in the other Albums. Always feel the tendency to Lol listening to this song. 2 cheeky men, going meek and lovey dovey to their partners just for some drinking time off. Haha...this song, to me is a good relief after a long day.

6> Checkmate : Very Inspirational. Like tat the melody starts with some Chinese instrumental (hope i did not get this wrong). The Korean - Mandarin mixture is totally wa wa voom! and the vocals of these 2 K and Mando pop superstars..totally can push one to move forward, even though if its just a step.

7> Without you : Love his vocal here! Love the twist in the lyrics...i am fine all without you BUT will be better if you were here. Definitelyclever play with words and emotions. At the end of the song, my heart just goes 'ok whatever you ask for just say it you have it'... heehee hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo...

8> Last Leaf : After Reading why and how this was written, my heart aches for him, the first time i heard this, my heart cried for him. Cried that he had to go through all those times. Cried that he was alone with he was he most down and yet there is nothing much we could do. Cried that he poured it out in this song. Even till now, the heart wells up, listening to :

Beautiful World
    그대 곁에 등대처럼
    Beautiful world
    그대 곁에 빛을 비춰
    까맣게 번져버린 가슴에

Hope he finds his shinning light, hope he will find his leaf soon.

9> Goodnight Lover : Love the upbeat melody, Love the cheesy lyrics, Love that i can picture Yong's snaggle tooth smile when he sings this song.

10> 27 Years : WOW! where to start? Yong, a 27 year old young man, looking back, looking forward. In awe with the maturity of his thoughts. Impressed with this collaboration. Love that Peter Malick loves and admire Yong. I shall no rattle on anymore as i know whatever i say my limited vocabulary will not do justice to this song.

Sorry to ramble so much, the above cannot be deemed as a 'review' but just my rambling thoughts. Thankful for this space to let it all out :)

PS : Speaking of the Album, there is STAR, YOU right ;). its OUR SONG, OUR ANTHEM, its OUR LOVE! :)

• Bohemian_n 2015.02.15 22:54
    이 앨범을 들으며 처음 든 생각은 새삼 용느가 '좋은의미로' 나이를 먹었구나, 였음.

<어느 멋진 날>
    거두절미하고 일단 제목부터 마음에 들었음.
    '기억이 또 나네요' 라는 도입가사 센스가 굳!! 그렇게 문득 생각난 예쁘고 좋은 날들이, 지금은 이렇게 그립고 아련하고 아픈 기억이 될 줄 몰랐다,라는 마음이, 보컬의 쓸쓸한 겨울바람 머금은 목소리에 묻어나, 나도 모르게 하아~~~
    참, 인트로의 우울하고 고급진 분위기를 잘 이어받은 점도 좋았음.
    한 번 떠오르기 시작하니 꼬리에 꼬리를 물고 이어지는 지난 일에 대한 그리움, 안타까움 등의 감정이 '그날'이라는 단어의 반복으로 고조되고, 가성의 후후후~~에서 진성의 우~~로 전환되는 부분에서, 다시는 돌아갈 수 없는 그날임을 더욱 뚜렷이 깨달은 느낌. 곡의 전개가 가사랑 잘 어우러지고 있다는 생각이 들었음.
    +MV 처음 볼 때, 프레임의 변화를 보고, 영화 '그랜드부다페스트 호텔'이 생각났음. 그 방식을 적용했구나~ 그럼, 현재 과거 그런 방식으로 교차하며 전개되나보나~ 하고 괜스레 설렘^^

<추억은 잔인하게>
    끈질기고 잔인한 추억아, 제발 좀 꺼져줄래! 이젠 잊고 싶다고!!! 괴롭게 외치다가도, 보고 싶은 속내를 감추지않고 토해내는 직설적인 노랫말과 쭉쭉 뻗는 선후배 록보컬의 화음. 힘차게 끌어 가고 든든하게 받쳐주면서도, 투보컬 각자의 매력이 속속 드러나는 정말 매력적인 곡.
    +시간이 가면 잊혀진다는 그말 다 틀렸어 하고 뱉어내는데, '틀렸어'에서 느껴지는 체념이랄까 씁쓸&쓸쓸함이 귀에서 맴돌...

<마지막 잎새>
    제 3자의 시선을 한 화자가 송곳처럼 날이 선 외로운 한 사람을 토닥토닥 위로하고 기운을 불어넣어주고 싶어하는 느낌. 또는 외로운 그를 지켜달라는 부탁같기도. Beautiful world와 Beautiful love. 이 단어들이 철저히 혼자인 그의 여러 상황과 대비되며, 한결 아름답고 한층 더 아프게 들리기도. 상반된 단어들이 음악이 되니, 그 대조가 더욱 두드러지는 동시에 극대화됨.
    그렇게 힘이 드는데도 'Beautiful world', 'Beautiful love'를 소환할 줄 아는 이 사람. 좀 감탄한 부분. 그러나 한편으로 마지막 하나 남은 잎새와 더불어 그이상의 절박함이 느껴지기도. 그래서인지 또 묘하게, 힘들고 외로울 때의 나도 위로받는 기분.
    +뜬금없지만 콘에서 소리내어 부르면, 서로 위로받는, 또는 위로하는 기분이 들까요??

<27yesrs>
    물도 마셔가며 좀 천천히 갔음 좋겠는 시간은, 야속하게 전진만 할 줄 안다는 걸 이젠 확실히 알기에, 지나간 일에 대해서는 더이상 밤에 하이킥하지 않고 얼른 잊어버리는 쪽을 택하는 사람이 됐지만, 이 곡을 듣고 있으면 새삼 더 그립고 좋은 일이 많았는데 잊고 있었구나 하는 생각이 들어, 그 시절 그 기억이 더욱 아름답고 따뜻하게 느껴지고, 나도 모르게 담요라도 두른 듯 포근해짐.
    이것은 용느의 최면효과? 곡을 만든 두 분이 따뜻해서?? 멜로디도 악기 연주도 편안하고 부드럽게 흘러가, 자연스럽게 과거로 여행을 떠나게 해주심.
    거기다 '얼음!'이라니! 저절로 어린시절을 회상하게 만드는 마법의 주문같은 단어라니!! 순간순간의 기억과 추억들이 사진처럼 그려지기도 하고, 내 기억으로 넘어오기도 하다가, 결국 그대로 멈춰~ 따뜻한 기억~ 하면, 왠지 모를 아쉬움에 울컥.
  • 잘난용화 2015.02.15 22:59
    1.Intro
    바이올린 연주소리가 듣는사람의 마음을 부드럽게 해주었다.그래서 가사있는 노래들을 더 편하게 듣을 수 있었다.그리고 그전에는 피아노나 기타소리를 주로 들었었는데 현악기소리를 듣게 되다니 또 색다른 느낌이었다.클래식 음악이라서 클래식을 좋아하는 사람들은 또 좋아할 것같다.이렇게 듣는 사람들의 취향도 생각해주고 역시 정용화다.

2.어느멋진날
    처음 이 노래를 뮤비로 접했을때 뮤비속 내용과 이노래가 너무 잘맞아서 놀랐다.노래 속 가사들이 뮤비속 주인공들의 대사같았다. 그정도로 분위기나 느낌이 잘 맞았다.뮤비를 감상한 후에는 가사를 먼저 읽어보았다. 그 중 '바람에 실려 지난 그대가 불어오는 날' 이라는 가사를 보고 또 놀랐다. 돌아갈수 없는 날,따뜻했던 날 등 이런 가사들이라면 자연스럽게 이해하고 받아들일수 있었는데 바람에 실려 지난 그대가 불어온다니..이런 표현력은 어떻게 생각해냈던걸까하며 계속 읽어보았다.가사를 읽은후에는 노래를 감상해보았다. 현악기 소리와 잔잔한듯 하면서도 그날을 그리워하는 정용화의 목소리가 잘 어우러졌다.
    특히나 이번활동에서는 음악방송마다 라이브에 뒤에 직접 현악기를 연주해주셔서 더 좋았다. 어느 멋진 날의 앞부분은 차분한 느낌이었다면 뒷부분은 슬프면서 씁쓸한 느낌이었다..후 후 후 하는 부분에서 그 느낌이 제일 와닿았다.

3.추억은 잔인하게
    이번앨범 '어느 멋진 날' 수록곡중에 제일 좋아하는 노래다.음원.음반이 공개되기전 하이라이트만 들었을때 한번만 들었음에도 제일 기억에 남으면서도 중독성있었다.그래서 제일 기대했는데 듣고나니 더 좋아져서 주변사람들한테도 많이 추천하고 벨소리까지도 해놓았다.
    노래를 끝까지 듣기전 나는 가사를 먼저 읽어보는 경향이 있어서 역시나 가사를 다 읽어보았다. '널 정말 잊고 싶어 널 정말 보고 싶어' 이부분이 솔직해서 제일 마음에 들었다.그리고 '추억은 절대 변하지 않아'부분을 반복하다가 중간에 한번 '추억이 제발 변하길 원해'라고 딱 나왔을 때 당황스러웠다.이 뜻을 해석하려고 할때 두가지로 해석되었다.첫번째는 추억을 주어로 본다면 추억이라는 애는 변하고 싶어한다 이런뜻이 되는거고 추억을 목적어로 본다면 나는 추억이 변했으면 좋겠는데 변하지가 않는다 라는 뜻이 된다. 가사만 본다면 어느쪽인지 잘 모르겠지만 노래를 듣고나니 후자쪽일 가능성이 크다고 본다.
    가사를 다 읽어본후 노래를 처음 들었을때 앞부분에서 바로 후렴구로 가는 부분이 좋았다.그리고 익숙하기도 하고 처음후렴구에선 정용화.두번째후렴구에선 윤도현 그뒤부턴 같이!
    꼭 들어보고싶은 조합이었고 또 둘의 케미가 잘 어울려서 한번만 듣을 수가 없었다. 멜로디도 중독될수 밖에 없었고.
    목소리.가사.멜로디 이 세가지가 나를 완전히 매혹시키니 안빠져들리가 있었을까. 계속 들어도 질리지않고 콘서트에서 라이브로 꼭꼭 들어보고싶다

4.원기옥
    처음 노래제목이 먼저 공개되었을때 반가우면서도 어떤노래일까 전혀 예상이 안됐었다.어릴적에 드래곤볼을 빠짐없이 다 본 덕후로서 제목만 봐도 반가웠다. 부푼 기대를 안고 노래를 들어보았을때 충격이었다.이런 곡일줄은 전혀 생각못했다.너의 에너지가 필요한 간절한 상황이지만 노래는 경쾌하면서 밝다.가사만 보면 암울한듯 싶은데 노래를 들으니 완전 다른느낌이니어서 더 듣게 되었다.그리고 가사를 보면 평범하고 일상적인 생활속에서 문득 의미가 없어진 느낌을 받을때 너가 필요하다고 한다.그만큼 너는 나에게 있어 일상같은 존재라는 의미도 포함되어 있다.

나(글쓴이)에게 에너지란 무엇일까 생각해보니 정용화의 음악인 것같다. 일상적인 생활 속에 가끔씩 지칠때 힘들때 힐링이 되기 때문이다.그래서 나의 에너지인 정용화의 음악이 앞으로도 계속 나에게 에너지를 준다면 나도 계속 힐링할 것이다.

5.마일리지

이 노래는 '어느 멋진 날' 음원,음반이 공개되기전 선공개되어 뮤비로 먼저 접하게 되었다. 뮤비를 처음 봤을 때는 깜짝 놀랐다. 전에 씨엔블루 뮤직비디오가 슬픔,장미 같았다면 마일리지 뮤직비디오는 상큼함,자몽 같았다.'월세 국민연금 대출이자 원금상환 주유비 생활비 고정 지출 '같은 친숙하지만 씁쓸한 가사들은 자몽의 쓴맛같고 율동같은 율동아닌 율동같은 정용화의 샤빌랍 댄스는 자몽의 상큼함같았다. 뮤비부터가 코믹하고 가사도 코믹하고 노래도 상큼상큼해서 뮤비를 처음본 일반 외국인들도 즐겁게 본것같다. 양동근의 현실적인 가사에 웃기면서도 마일리지라는 단어를 생각해냈다는 게 놀라웠다. 너한테 쌓아둔 마일리지를 쓰겠다니ㅋㅋ 상큼한 생각이었다. 수록곡이지만 뮤직비디오가 워낙 잘만들어져서 타이틀곡 뮤직비디오라 해도 보통사람들이 보면 오~할것 같다.

6.Checkmate

먼저 체크메이트의 뜻을 알아보자면 '완전히 패배한 상황'이라고 한다.제목의 뜻대로 가사의 처음부분도 부정적인 뜻이 나온다. 그러나 노래를 더 들어보면 상황이 반대가 된다.'Here I am for you I will fight with you'라는 가사에서 보다시피 나는 여기서 너와 함께 싸울거야 라고 말한다. 만약 내가 체크메이트 상황에 처하게 된다면 당연히 쉽게 포기할것 했을것같은데 이 노래는 반대로 희망을 주어서 내 생각을 반성하게 되었다.그리고 이 노래는 임준걸과 같이 콜라보로 부른 곡인데 가사속에 중국어가 있음에도 거리낌없이 잘 어울려서 놀랐다.읽을 줄은 모르지만 계속 듣다보니 중국어부분도 따라 부르게 되었다.앨범 속 노래들 전부가 사랑,이별에 관한 것이 아니라 이렇게 희망에 관한 노래들도 있어서 더 좋았다.

7.니가 없어도
    타이틀곡 '어느멋진날'에선 헤어진후에 애인과 지낸 날을 좋은 추억으로 생각한 반면에 '니가 없어도'는 안좋은 추억으로 생각한다. 이 노래는 처음부터 계속 부정적으로 말하고 있지만 마지막에 '니가 있으면 좋겠어'라고 한다.이번 노래들 가사속에 이런 솔직함이 살짝 들어나는게 귀여우면서 딱 내 스타일이다.특히 니가 없어도 노래가사는 츤데레같아서 더 좋다.처음에는 니가가 없어도 상관없다 상관없다 그러더니 마지막엔 니가 있어야한다 라고하니 그말듣고 다시 안돌아볼 사람이 있을까. 그리고 매번 감탄하지만 정용화는 눈빛연기도 잘하는데 목소리연기도 잘하는 것같다.목소리만 들어도 그모습이 상상되고 그마음이 전해지고 진짜 가수의 기질을 타고 났다.

8.마지막잎새
    이 노래는 한글가사보다 영어가사가 단순하면서도 이곡의 분위기를 제일 잘 나타냈다.'beautiful world / beautiful love' 이 두 단어들의 반복일 뿐이지만 이 부분이 가장 와닿는다. 왜냐하면 가사의 전체적인 느낌이 너에게 직접 다가가진 못하고 등대처럼 빛을 비추고 잎새되어 곁에 있어주는 등 간접적으로 다가가는 짝사랑같은데 영어부분이 그 말로 말하기 힘든 그런 느낌을 잘 표현한것 같기 때문이다. 영어가사부분은 가성이고 한글부분은 진성으로 불러서 그런 감정들이 잘 느껴졌다고 본다.바람이 살살 불면서 낙엽이 떨어지는 가을에 풀밭위에 앉아서 눈감고 이어폰을 꽂은채로 이노래를 듣는다면 상상만 해도 좋다.

9.Goodnight lover
    이번 앨범 수록곡중에 '추억은 잔인하게' 다음으로 많이 듣는 곡이다.사랑빛처럼 가사가 귀여우면서 사랑스럽다. 막 사귀기 시작한 연인들 같아서 듣는사람이 연애하고 싶어지게 만든다.
    현실에선 연애가 내마음대로 되는 건 아니기 때문에 나는 꿈에서라도 느껴보려고 자기전에 항상 듣는다.그러다 가사처럼 진짜 꿈속에서 정용화가 이노래를 불러줄 때면 자면서도 미소가 절로 지어진다.그리고 lover를 우리말로 쉽게 번역한다면 자기아닌가.잘자요 자기.자기라고 하니까 많이 오글거리긴 하지만 막상 정용화로부터 듣는다면 녹아내려버리겠지.

10.27years
    제일 공감되는 가사가 많은 곡.'빠르다 참 빨라' 이부분은 말그대로 공감되는데 '물 한잔 하고가' '그만 좀 달아나'라는 부분은 조금 당혹스러우면서도 웃음이났다.누구한테 하는말인가 생각해보니까 시간을 사람으로 생각한것같다.시간이 참 빠르다 이런 말들은 평소에도 하는 말인데 물 한잔 하고가라니ㅋㅋ진짜 알면알수록 들으면들을수록 정용화가 대단한 사람이구나라고 이번앨범을 듣는내내 계속 생각이났다.그리고 올해는 정용화가 27살이라서 제목을 27years라고 했는데 매년 앨범낼때마다 시리즈로 내준다면 한편의 스토리가 되니까 재밌을 것같다.

이번 정용화 솔로앨범 '어느 멋진 날'을 리뷰해보면서 노래 하나하나 더 자세히 들어보고 가사도 더 생각해보게 되고 정말 의미있었다.그리고 노래뿐만 아니라 이번 활동도 좋았던 기억이 많이 있어서 더 의미있었다.그리고 justJYH는 내가 제일 좋아하는 홈페이지이기 때문에 이벤트에 참여할 수 있어서 좋은 기회였다.글쓰는 실력이 비루해서 썼다지웠다를 반복하며 오래걸렸지만 그만큼 가치가 있는것같아서 뿌듯하다.오늘로 정용화의 '어느멋진날' 활동은 마무리되어서 아쉽지만 아직 남은 몇방송들이 있기도하고 해본 것들이 많아서 진짜 특별했다. 제 리뷰 끝까지 읽어주시고 이런 멋진 이벤트를 해주신 운영진님께 감사드립니다. justJYH짱짱 정용화도짱짱

ps.만약에 당첨이 된다면 2번으로:-)
  • Dai 2015.02.15 23:20
    Not much of a reviewer but I would just like to share how I feel about the album. I only love the title track 'one fine day' after listening to it a few times. My 10 year old niece's favourite song is Checkmate after I introduced it to her because of the Chinese lyrics in it and she is kind of into rock now. Well I instantly like the song first time I heard it. I listen to all of the songs at home but on my way to work, I find myself playing checkmate, without you and last leaf on repeat mode. I guess those 3 are my favourite songs from the album. Lyrics and vocal wise I think YH have matured so much. On without you and last leaf, the vocals are kind of haunting. I feel sad without knowing what the lyrics are all about especially last leaf. A sad song don't usually starts with the words 'beautiful world' but I get what he's trying to convey now. The other songs are great too. Cruel memories would be really great if sang live. Energy is kind of laid back and easy on the ears. So are goodnight lover and 27 years. My favourite lyrics are from 27 years. I like how it is about life in general, reminiscing about the past, wanting to do things that you should have done back then and can't now. It's the one song that's very obviously about YH. Mileage has a great story behind it but not a fan of YDG's rapping though it matches with the song well I think and great mv too. The album is just my cup of tea, I guess. It's a great album even if you're not a fan of YH. I only spent my hard earned money on CNBLUE's albums in recent years and now on YH's albums as well. I have ordered 5 versions of the album though I have yet to receive them and the first person I'm going to give one of them is my niece cos her birthday is coming up.
  • lucir 2015.02.15 23:55
    앨범 전곡의 플레이가 끝났을 때 트랙리스트의 연결이 참 좋았습니다.
    이미 한곡 한곡의 스포가 있었던터라 그 곡들이 어떻게 연결될까? 저에게는 선공개곡이었던 마일리지가 왠지 다른 곡들과 조금 이질적인 분위기가 느껴져서 어떻게 섞일 수 있을까 궁금했었습니다.
    그런데 전곡을 듣고 나니 첫 트랙인 인트로에서부터 차례차례 이어지는 곡의 흐름들이 너무 좋았어요.
    잔잔하게 인트로로 시작한 앨범은 타이틀인 어느 멋진 날로 연결되어 그 감정을 더 이끌어내어 주었고 추억은 잔인하게, 원기옥으로
    이어져 마일리지가 나올 때 '아 정말 귀신같은(?) 연결이다' 이렇게 생각했네요 ㅎㅎ
    그리고 마지막 곡 27years으로 앨범이 마무리 될 때까지 가수 정용화의 감정선을 따라 함께 여행을 끝낸 느낌이 들었습니다.

이번 앨범에서 또 하나 놀란 점은 콜라보한 곡들이 모두 그 가수에게 딱 어울리는 곡들이라는 것입니다.
    그 아티스트를 위해 작업한 곡만 실었다고 했지만 그렇게 의도하였다고 해도 완벽하게 어울리는 곡을 만든다는 것이 쉬운 일은 아닐겁니다.
    추억은 잔인하게..에서는 두 아티스트의 목소리 합이 너무 좋아서 그만 소름이 돋았습니다. 각각의 파트를 부르는 부분에서도,
    두 목소리가 합쳐져 화음을 이루는 부분에서도 이보다 더 멋질 수는 없다는 생각이 들었습니다. 윤도현님이 아닌 다른사람과의
    콜라보를 상상할 수 없을만큼 딱 맞는 곡인 것 같아요.
    JJ Lin 에 대해서 잘 몰랐던 저로서는 용화가 추천했던 'practice love' 라는 곡으로 콜라보 곡의 분위기를 예상했었는데
    완전 뒤통수를 제대로 맞았네요. 체크메이트를 처음 들었을 때의 그 놀라움, 흥분.....
    이미 쥬니엘, AOA에게 만들어 주었던 곡에서 증명해 왔었지만 그 아티스트의 장점과 목소리에 어울리는 곡을 만들고 프로듀서하는 능력을 다시 확인하게 되었습니다.

또 이번 앨범에서는 보컬리스트 정용화의 새로운 목소리도 발견하게 되었습니다. 이전 앨범에서도 물론 곡마다 다양한 보컬 운영능력을보여 줬었지만 솔로앨범이기에 보컬리스트 정용화에 좀 더 집중했다는 느낌이 들었습니다.
    저에게는 마일리지, Goodnight Lover, checkmate가 역시 정용화! 라는 느낌의 보컬이었다면 원기옥, 니가없어도, 마지막 잎새는 새로운 느낌의 보컬이었습니다. 아마 이전 앨범의 곡들과는 다른 느낌의 곡이라서 그런지도 모르겠습니다.
    추억은 잔인하게...는 '정용화라면 이런 노래도 잘할텐데...'라는 생각들을 역시!!!! 확인시켜 주었습니다.
    그리고 남자가수와의 목소리 합은 상상 그 이상이었습니다. 윤도현님, JJ Lin 과의 어울림은 정말 들어도 들어도 너무 좋습니다.
    Checkmate가 세가지 언어가 섞여 있는 곡이지만 전혀 이질감 없이 들려지는 것에는 두 아티스트의 목소리가 잘 어울리는 것도 한몫 하지 않았을까 생각해 봅니다.

ps) Checkmate 의 가사를 들으면서 저는 '왕좌의 게임'이 떠올랐답니다. 칼과 방패, 적, 찌르고 찢기고 전투와 모험과 혼돈스러운 세계,
    어디로도 도망칠 곳이 없는 ....
  • silvergate08 2015.02.16 05:18
    im not really good in words and especially reviewing songs but i wanted to send my gratitude to this album

the whole album is magical beyond words. the first time i got to hear the medley i automatically knew that "without you" and "last leaf" will be my favorite in this album and i was absolutely right and even exceed my expectation. everyday and everynight when i go to work and come back home, i always walk in the park and play them and no matter how many times i played these song. the same feeling comes to me over and over again, the feeling like im flying and i feel the leaves just circling around me and time stood still. yes, i cant help it closing my eyes and the songs just pierce through my veins.

to be honest theres part in my life that will end these coming days and im grateful (as always) that yonghwa always saved me, saved me on the right time. this is the reason why "without you" has a deeper meaning for me. when i first read the english translation of this song of course i automatically associated it with break up song. but what i like about yonghwa composed songs that it can be interpreted in so many ways. it can be for lovers or for your family or for someone who is dear to you.

"last leaf" is just..... seriously..... no words can describe how much im in love with this song. whenever i hear this song i just feel that i wanted to just keep on running and running, smiling, feeling the breeze. let my hair dance with the winds, just go forward eventhough you have no specific direction. i really wish aside from mileage theres a MV for this song.

'checkmate" and "cruel memories" are one of the reasons why i stan bands, they are strong that just makes my blood boils. makes me alive, a fighter. the guitar and the falsetto parts and makes me headbang and sing or scream along with them ahahahaah XD

i find "mileage" very unique out of all the songs in this album. what i mean by unique is mostly songs are for love, break up and inspiration in life. but "mileage" as we all know, is based on family man wishing for a "break, relaxing time, a me-time." but just like what i said, it can be interpreted in so many ways. as we work hard everyday we wanted to loosen up once in a while. its like a student asking their parents like "mom, dad im a good girl in this past semester, can i hang out with my friends this summer?" ahahhahaha XD

i love the meaning of 27 years, i think theres one point in our life that we think like this. personally when i was still a student i wanted to grow up so fast, work and earn money but when we already reach that stage we then realize how lovely when you are still a child, how we wish that we still a student and not experiencing those adult problems and only having difficulty in solving math (im just joking)

the promotion of this album already reach its end but i still feel im in cloud 9. like everything is still a dream to me and i dont want to go back in reality. this promotion is like a roller coaster. so many feelings. i saw how all the EAs worked hard together, how everybody love this album and share the feelings with each other. talk about it nonstop.

jung yonghwa i am so drown and lost in your music. thank you from the bottom of my heart

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
2338 공연 [무한도전 InfiniteChallenge] Marry You + 청혼.mp3 (반복구간 제거 Repeat removed) 11 2016.05.14 4344 10
2337 공연 [메자마시 TV Mezamashi TV] 2013.04.29 - Blind Love 발매이벤트 7 2013.04.29 4934 1
2336 사진 [메이킹 BTS] 추가 스틸공개 Additional Stills 1 file 2016.01.15 968 1
2335 MV [메이킹 BTS] 신데렐라 뮤비 Cinderella MV 1 2015.09.16 1173 0
2334 기타 [메이킹 BTS] 쇼챔피언 ShowChampion 2016.04.26 2 2016.04.27 998 0
2333 MV [메이킹 BTS] 불꽃놀이 Fireworks MV 2016.01.15 1332 1
2332 MV [메이킹 BTS] 마일리지 뮤비 촬영장! Mileage MV set! 3 file 2015.01.09 2974 5
2331 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Your City 이즈위 베이징 팬싸인회 Yizhiyu Beijing Fansign 2024.01.23 11 0
2330 공연 [메이킹 BTS] Your City in Nagoya 2024.02.10 21 0
2329 공연 [메이킹 BTS] Your City in Kobe 2024.01.26 7 0
2328 공연 [메이킹 BTS] OFD in Japan DVD 10 2015.06.26 1920 1
2327 공연 [메이킹 BTS] Come Together Seoul - 용화 컷 Yonghwa cut 1 2016.08.23 1087 3
2326 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Blue Moon Taipei- 2013.04.06 2 2014.04.25 1664 0
2325 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Blue Moon Singapore- 2013.04.13 2014.04.25 1725 0
2324 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Blue Moon Santiago- 2014.01.31 2014.04.27 1594 0
2323 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Blue Moon NY&LA- 2014.01.21/24 2014.04.27 1632 0
2322 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Blue Moon Mexico City- 2014.01.26 2014.04.27 1672 0
2321 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Blue Moon Lima- 2014.01.28 2 2014.04.27 2031 3
2320 기타 [메이킹 BTS] Blue Moon Bangkok - 2013.05.04 2014.04.25 1673 1
2319 기타 [메이킹 BTS] 2021.09.07 (방송) KCON:TACT 4 U 2 2021.09.16 1345 6
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 209 Next
/ 209