?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
Tourists

이연희와 정용화가 드라마 '더 패키지'에서 안내자와 여행자로 조우한다. 
낯선 방에서 창을 열고 마주한 풍경처럼 들뜨게 만드는 두 사람의 랑데부.

features editor Kim Young Jae

정용화의 사적인 여행법 

‘더 패키지’에서 연기하는 ‘산마루’는 어떤 사연을 지녔나요
여자친구와의 갈등 때문에 혼자 파리행 비행기에 오르게 돼요. ‘다시 돌아갈까’ 하는 고민을 하면서도 밝은 캐릭터예요. 당장의 상황이 중요하지, 차였다고 주눅들거나 속앓이를 하지 않아요. 이제껏 연기했던 역할 중에서 제 성격과 가장 비슷해서 더 기대돼요. 

씨엔블루 앨범에서 그를 위한 OST를 꼽는다면
절절하지 않은 분위기의 ‘사랑 빛’. 저는 그와 달라요. 슬플 땐 슬픈 음악을 들어요.

평소 여행할 기회가 있나요
종종 해외투어를 하러 외국에 가지만 공연하는게 전부예요. 30시간이나 비행기를 타고 페루, 멕시코, 칠레에 가서도 제대로 둘러보지 못해 아쉬웠어요. 드라마 촬영을 하게 될 파리도 이번이 처음이에요.

여행에 대한 로망이 있다면
소수만을 위한 프라이빗 섬이 있더라고요. 아무도 없는 그런 곳으로 여행 가보고 싶어요.

혼자 있는 시간을 잘 감당하나요
데뷔하고 나서 성격이 많이 바뀌었어요. 어릴 땐 친구들과 어울리느라 대부분 밖에서 시간을 보냈는데 지금은 집에 있는 게 좋아요. 몇 시간이고 소파에 가만히 앉아 있어요. 그러고 보니 제겐 소파가 프라이빗 섬이네요 (웃음).

여행을 하면 주위의 낯선 것들이 영감이 돼요. 해외 공연을 다니면서 만든 노래가 있다면
씨엔블루 앨범의 절반이 그래요. 호텔 방에만 있어도 감성적이게 돼요. 창밖에 보이는 풍경부터 다르잖아요. 작업실이나 집에서는 느낄 수 없는 분위기가 느껴져 곡도 잘 써지는 것 같아요. 그래서 호텔 방에 가면 꼭 책상부터 앉아요. 호텔마다 느낌이 달라 늘 새롭게 시작하는 기분이 들어요.

‘여행’을 소재로 드라마를 만든다면
다큐멘터리 느낌의 뮤직 드라마. 등장인물은 뮤지션이 전부고, 배경은 전망 좋은 호텔이죠 (웃음). 내용도 단출해요. 호텔 방에서 노래를 만드는 과정을 담는 거예요. 말하고 보니 이거 너무 지루하겠네요. 하하.

새 작품을 할 때마다 새로운 사람들과 환경에 잘 적응하는 편인가요
여전히 어려워요. 그렇지만 제가 먼저 나서서 분위기를 띄우려고 해요. 그래야 상대방도 저를 어려워하지 않을 수 있고, 결국 제 마음도 편해지게 돼요. 

이번 촬영장 분위기는 어떨 것 같나요
금방 친해질 것 같아요. 타지에서 촬영하는 데다 의지할 사람이 우리뿐이잖아요. 서로 지겨울 정도로 보지 않을까요 (웃음). 

배우가 연기를 한다는 건 자신과 다른 삶을 여행하는 경험이기도 해요. 스스로 많은 걸 느끼게 한 작품은
퓨전사극 ‘삼총사’. 액션 연기를 처음 해 봤고 조선시대에 잠시 살다 온 듯한 기분이 들었어요. 또 그 전까지 주로 어두운 느낌의 캐릭터를 연기했는데 제 성격처럼 한층 밝은 인물을 맡아 연기에 대한 부담감이 줄었어요. 개인적으로도 사람들에게 제 진짜 모습을 편하게 보여줄 수 있는 계기가 됐어요.

다른 누군가가 정용화의 삶을 경험한다면 어떤 즐거움이 있을까요
할 수 있는게 많을 거예요. 노래도 하고, 공연도 하고, 드라마 촬영을 하러 파리에 갈 수도 있어요.

무엇을 더 해 보고 싶나요
할 수 있는 건 다 해본 것 같아요. 이제는 하고 있는 것들을 깊이있게 하고 싶어요. ‘잘한다’는 말 듣고 싶어요.

Trans)

Tourists 

Lee Yeonghee and Jung Yonghwa encounter each other as the guide and the traveller in drama ‘The Package’. 

Their rendezvous excites one’s heart like the view you see as you open the window of an exotic room.

features editor Kim Young Jae

Jung Yonghwa's Private Travel

Q. What’s the story behind San Maru that you play in The Package?

He boards the plane for Paris alone because of a conflict with his girlfriend. Though he ponders whether he will go back, he’s a lighthearted character. The present situation is more important to him than being despaired or having a heartache because he was dumped. I anticipate it all the more because he has the closest personality to mine among all the roles I’ve played so far.

Q. What if you picked an OST for him among CNBLUE’s albums?

“Love light” because it’s not doleful. I’m different from him though. When I’m sad, I listen to sad music.

Q. Do you usually have opportunities to travel?

Often, I go abroad for overseas tours but all I do is perform. It was such a shame I couldn’t really take a look around in Peru, Mexico, and Chile after 30 hours of flight. It’s also my first time going to Paris, where we’ll be filming the drama.

Q. What would be your dream trip?

There are private islands for very few travelers. I wanna travel to such a place where there’s no one.

Q. Do you cope well with lone time?

My personality changed a lot after debut. When I was little, I spent most of my time outside hanging out with friends. Now, I prefer staying at home. For hours, I’d just sit still on the sofa. I guess the sofa is my private island (laughs).

Q. When you travel, unfamiliar things around you tend to become inspirations. Is there a song you made while performing abroad?

Half of CNBLUE’s songs are written that way. Just being in the hotel room itself makes me emotional. The outside view is so different. The atmosphere feels different than the studio or my home, it makes it easier to write songs. When I go to hotel, I always sit at the desk first. Every hotel feels different, it’s like I’m starting anew each time.

Q. If you were to make a drama about traveling, how would you do it?

It’d be a documentary-like music drama. The only character is the musician, the setting is a hotel with a nice view (laughs). The story is simple. It’ll film the process of writing a song in a hotel room. Now that I think about it, it’d be too boring, haha.

Q. Do you tend to get used to the new people and the new environment each time you’re in a new drama?

I still find it difficult. But I try to enliven the atmosphere first. That way, those around me won’t feel  uncomfortable around me, which in turn makes me comfortable.

Q. How will it turn out this time?

I think we’ll become friends quickly. We’ll be filming abroad, and we only have each other to depend on. We’ll see each other’s face to boredom (laughs).

Q. For actors, playing a character is also an experience of living another life. Is there a drama that made you learn many things?

The fusion historical drama, ‘The Three Musketeers’. It was my first time trying action, and it felt like I lived in the Chosun Dynasty for a while. Before, I used to play characters with gloomy personalities, but (Dalhyang) was much lighthearted, like I am. It lessened my burden in acting. Personally, it gave me an opportunity to be comfortable and show my real self to other people.

Q. If someone else experienced Jung Yonghwa’s life, what will they enjoy?

You’ll be able to do many things. You can sing, perform, go to Paris to film a drama.

Q. What more do you wanna try?

I think I’ve done all I could. Now, I want to have depth to what I’m doing already. I wanna hear that I’m good at them.

Articles

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20