?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부

Jung Yong Hwa: Getting popular made me less brave

Q: To you, what makes “One fine day”?

YH: Everyday! Every time!

Q: How can the people around you change one of your bad days into a good day?
YH: What?! Hahaha. If one wants to have a good mood, he/she should listen to my music. (Note: Maybe the translator misunderstood the question?)

Q: Which is your finest day in your life? The worst day?

YH: I don’t have bad days at all. But I have beautiful days most this year, including the day I released my first solo album.

Q: If you could time travel to a day in the past or change any past day… you would?

YH: I would go back to my childhood days, but I want to keep the thinking skills I have now. To live my childhood days with my present thinking abilities. I don’t know why, I just want to go to my high school days, the keystone time when I was to determine my future.

Q: The year 2015 is very important to you. You released your solo album and held your first solo concert. Is solo an easier or more pressured thing to you?

YH: Whether it’s solo or CNBLUE group activities, I feel pressured, especially when preparing for an album. But each time after the album came out, the pressure just vanished into the thin air. Ha.

Q: The Korean media reported earlier that you came to a bottle neck making the solo album and experienced some emotional low. Was it because you expected too high from yourself? Or you are a perfectionist?

YH: As the number of released albums increases, I expect more and more from myself, giving myself greater and greater pressure. There is no such thing as “model answers” for music. And I got to show the fans who love me my best.

Q: Are you someone who cannot accept failure?

YH: That’s me in the past. Now I am more prepared to face failures.

Q: When you write music, do you have a fixed routine? Do you need to isolate yourself from the world for a while? In a previous album, you found inspiration sitting in a Hongdae café. Now you have such a busy schedule, is that still possible?

YH: I won’t go “find” inspiration deliberately. I do observe people’s behavior and try to imagine their thoughts too. It doesn’t matter if I’m busy, I just have new inspirations any time.

Q: Your compositions are mostly love songs. But in your real life, it seems not easy to be in a relationship with your present conditions?

YH: I write so many love songs each year, how can I possibly experience all these different love stories in a year? No way! I just pay attention to others’ love stories or get inspired watching TV dramas.

Q: The 3 must-have characters in a girl to impress you?

YH: The most import thing is that she understands my work. I’m so busy that I won’t be around most of the time. And she must not lie to me. If she’s beautiful, that’s even better… Though, I’m not sure if I could meet such a person. Ha.

Q: CNBLUE has 4 handsome members…

YH: Haha. Thank you!

Q: Ever worried that people only see your handsome faces but not your music talents?

YH: Honestly, I still have this worry. But I think time will prove things, people will see our music talents one day.

Q: You’re talented, enthusiastic and pleasing, just so perfect. And there haven’t been any negative reports on you in the media. Can you share your short comings that we don’t know yet?

YH: Hahaha. Hmm… My short coming is that I don’t know how to show myself completely in front of the media. I’m not satisfied with what I’ve been shown to the public at all. There are still so much that I want to do and so much of myself that I want to show.

Q: We’ve seen the real life you through the show “Jung Yong Hwa’s Hologram” broadcasted earlier. Was it difficult to reveal your private life? You seemed a little lost in the beginning of the show.

YH: It felt weird in the beginning. I was not used to the cameras in my home. But I learned to get used to them and got more comfortable with time. I thought the fans might actually like seeing me acting awkward in front of the cameras. Haha. Anyways, it was a very interesting experience and I enjoying the filming a lot.

Q: CNBLUE has taken part in a lot of variety shows and dramas lately. It’s a must for a Korean artist to try everything?

YH: In the Korean entertainment scene, variety shows and dramas play a very big part. It’s very important to show oneself on the screen more.

Q: But these non-music-related projects will distract you, won’t you want to focus on music?

YH: Hmm… I have this thought every day. I think I need to adapt to the bigger environment. Learning how to not get distracted is an important lesson too. I just know how to enjoy the things I’m doing, and put the distracting things aside.

Q: Whether it’s MC work or dramas, you handle things so effortlessly. Since when you acquired this ability? You got trained doing street lives in front of total strangers in your Japan trainee days?

YH: I’m not sure if the MC work has helped. But I’ve learned much from my mistakes, that’s how I grew comfortable with time.

Q: Is there anything you can’t handle?

YH: There isn’t anything I feel particularly difficult. Even with something I feel nervous about, I hope to face it with the “Oh, just face it” attitude.

Q: Do you miss the street lives days in Japan? You just performed “purely” those days.

YH: I do. Those were very good times. I was fully immersed into music. That period helped me grow into the person I am today. I’m very thankful. Nevertheless, I like the present me too.

Q: Looking back the past 6 years, what has changed most? What do you miss most about the past Jung Yong Hwa?

YH: The biggest change is the performance venue. So many things have changed. I mean they change for the better. I miss the brave Jung Yong Hwa in the past most. The present me has so many short comings; I became super cautious with so many things. I am not brave like before.

Chinese to English translation by klaritia

Magazine caps shared by 栖点 (weibo)

"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"

• postilion 2015.06.24 18:12
    "live my childhood days with my present thinking abilities.", "The biggest change is the performance venue. ", "Nevertheless, I like the present me too." It's him <3. Thank you for translation and beautiful images
  • Lois 2015.06.24 21:48
    Thanks for the translations! A little peek into his mind? "There are still so much that I want to do and so much that I want to show." This quote tells me I'd better brace myself to be caught up and be mesmerized by Yonghwa's awesomeness for a lot longer than I fathomed. I am in for the long haul... Where is the exit?
  • YAT 2015.06.24 22:02
    I love when he shares his thoughts ... there are always stuff I could learn from him. I hope we won't have to wait for another solo album in order to enjoy YH individual interviews.
  • musica 2015.06.25 01:13
    Thank you for translating. Always appreciate the rare chance to peep into his mind. Growing pain is hard for all young adults but he has to deal with it under a public scrutiny with additional burdens placed on his shoulders. But he is doing it with an amazing grace. It almost seems he was born with this eptitude, but I know it isn't so. No one is. I watch his journey with an anxiousness of an older person, then I know I really don't need to. I just need to feel the joy he delivers.
  • KiaraBoice 2015.06.27 07:01
    Wow i couldn't imagine that one day he would say: he is not brave like before!!!
    He is really honest to his fans and that's why i respect and love him.

1. No Image

[어바웃미 AboutMe] 촬영중 메시지 Photoshoot message

cr, https://www.facebook.com/aboutme.samyang/videos/1273769459381301/ ->클릭해서 좋아요랑 댓글도 눌러주세요! Please click, Like & comment too! :D Trans) Hello everyone who loves About Me, this is Jung Yonghwa. I've become the new endorser f...
    Date2017.02.28 CategoryCF Views709 Votes5
    Read More
  2. [SNS] 오랜만에 여러분들을 만나서 기뻤고 행복했어요. I was glad and happy to meet you after so long.

여러분 ! 오늘 마쿠하리멧세 공연이 끝났습니다. 오랜만에 여러분들을 만나서 기뻤고 행복했어요. 첫공연이니 마지막까지 최선을 다하겠습니다! Thank u !!! A photo posted by 정용화 (@jyheffect0622) on Nov 2, 2016 at 6:19am PDT Trans) Everyone! Today...
    Date2016.11.02 CategoryFrom용화 Views1148 Votes5
    Read More
  3. 엘르 코리아 Elle Korea 2016.11 고화질 HQ pix

CLICK! cr. http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=220948
    Date2016.10.27 Category사진 Views917 Votes5
    Read More
  4. [SNS] 데뷔 7주년 입니다~ It's my 7th debut anniversary~

데뷔 7주년 입니다~ 매년 이야기 하는것 같지만 늘 시간이 너무 빠른것 같아요. 한분한분께 감사하다고 전하고 싶고 앞으로도 더 좋은모습 보여드리고 실망시키지 않고 열심히 하는 모습 보여드리고 싶다고 전하고 싶어요. 여러분들이 아니었으면 전 어떤 28...
    Date2016.10.07 CategoryFrom용화 Views1245 Votes5
    Read More
  5. 7주년 축하해준 웨이보계정들^^ Weibo Accts Celebrate Yong's 7th Anniversary!

cap by @klaritia
    Date2016.10.07 Category뉴스 Views514 Votes5
    Read More
  6. [SNS] (웨이보추가 Weibo+) 생일 축하해주셔서 감사합니다~ Thank you for the birthday wishes~

생일 축하해주셔서 감사합니다~~ 여러분의 축하 소리가 여기 프라하까지 오네요~~~ 여러분 고마워요 A photo posted by 정용화 (@jyheffect0622) on Jun 21, 2016 at 9:07am PDT Trans) Thank you for the birthday wishes~~ Your messages arrived all the w...
    Date2016.06.22 CategoryFrom용화 Views1714 Votes5
    Read More
  7. No Image

[dob] 2016.06.08 - 용화 컷 YH Cut + Eng hardsub ver.

Raw ver. + Eng Hardsub
    Date2016.06.09 Category예능 Views89387 Votes5
    Read More
  8. '행주의역량' 참여소식(?) Rumored for 'Power to go'?

photo cr: as tagged. @cnbluelogy: "It's rumored that they will take a hike for a week in Sichuan&Tibet. Very tough trip. The activities had been held for years. The trip may start in July or August. Very meaningful program. And will be ...
    Date2016.05.31 Category기타 Views2843 Votes5
    Read More
  9. No Image

[무한도전 InfiniteChallenge] 재완이에게 명찰받는 용화 JW gives Yonghwa his nametag

오!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!감동!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!진짜 안 버리고 인증도 해주고 pic.twitter.com/qIOVR4jngw — 소빛 (@Sobit_K) May 21, 2016 cr. Sobit_K Trans) Jaewan: take it (?) YH: I'll take it. JW: You can't throw it away. YH: I'll never thr...
    Date2016.05.22 Category예능 Views973 Votes5
    Read More
  10. [인스타 IG] 나도 방송 보고싶다~~~ 어떠셨나요~~? I wanna wach the show, too~~~

#무한도전 #웨딩보이즈 #정용화 #이준 #윤두준 #황광희 나도 방송 보고싶다~~~ 어떠셨나요~~? A photo posted by 정용화 (@jyheffect0622) on May 14, 2016 at 4:32am PDT Trans) #InfiniteChallenge #WeddingBoys #JungYonghwa #LeeJoon #YoonDoojoon #Hwang...
    Date2016.05.14 CategoryFrom용화 Views1581 Votes5
    Read More
  11. No Image

[무한도전 InfiniteChallenge] 하하, 별과 용화의 달달한 듀엣에 리얼분노! Haha's Real Anger at Byul and Yonghwa's Sweet Duet

cr. Naver TVcast (Watch from 00:35~) Trans) 1:07~ Byul: One more time, one more time! YJS: Yonghwa-ya, it's nice. Haha: I thought they were filming a movie! [Shall we sing together?] Byul ♥ Yonghwa: Begin Again 아 진심...정용화 최고bbㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    Date2016.05.14 Category예능 Views2181 Votes5
    Read More
  12. No Image

THE SERENITY 메이킹필름 BTS - Elle 2016.05

cr. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1053822628025002 o<-< 전체화면 권장드립니다..... I recommend the full-screen view...
    Date2016.05.02 Category사진 Views1793 Votes5
    Read More
  13. No Image

[인스타 IG] 꽃이 피기 힘들다는 행운목이 1년 넘어서 꽃이 폈어요!

꽃이 피기 힘들다는 행운목이 1년 넘어서 꽃이 폈어요! 그것도 갑자기! ㅎㅎ행복이 오려나 봐요 여러분들에게도 행복이 전해질거에요 A photo posted by 정용화 (@jyheffect0622) on Apr 16, 2016 at 9:09pm PDT Trans) The good luck tree (*Korean name for...
    Date2016.04.17 CategoryFrom용화 Views1400 Votes5
    Read More
  14. 【E】정용화, 구찌 남성 콜렉션 참석..국내 男 연예인 최초 JYH is First Male Celebrity to Attend Gucci Men's Collection

밴드 씨엔블루 멤버 정용화가 ‘2016 구찌 FW 남성 콜렉션’에 참석한다. 국내 남성 연예인들 중에서는 최초다. 정용화는 17일 오전 '2016 구찌 FW 남성 패션쇼' 참석 차 인천국제공항에서 이탈리아 밀라노로 출국했다. 이번 정용화의 구찌 콜렉션 참석은 구찌 ...
    Date2016.01.17 Category뉴스 Views3936 Votes5
    Read More
  15. [인스타 IG] 그 시간동안 여러분들이 계셔서 늘 행복했습니다. I've been always happy because you were with me.

1월 14일 . Cnblue의 첫쇼케이스가 있던 날입니다. 그날의 지금은 리허설을하고 준비를 하고 있었겠죠? 6년이 흘렀는데 그 시간동안 여러분들이 계셔서 늘 행복했습니다. 그리고 앞으로는 더 멋진 음악과 멋진 활동으로 여러분들을 행복하게 해드릴게요. 진심...
    Date2016.01.14 CategoryFrom용화 Views1487 Votes5
    Read More
  16. [스캔 Scans] 2015.11 앳스타일 @star1 가장 따뜻한 색, 씨엔블루

Date2015.10.23 Category사진 Views3084 Votes5
    Read More
  17. [스캔 Scan] Trendy No.61 Yonghwa on Cover (OFD in Taipei Inteview)

Special thanks to @Lisa890622 Some crops ^ ____^
    Date2015.08.27 Category사진 Views2449 Votes5
    Read More
  18. 【E】 iWeekly No. 921 JYH: Getting popular made me less brave

Jung Yong Hwa: Getting popular made me less brave Normal 0 0 2 false false false EN-US ZH-TW X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-...
    Date2015.06.24 Category인터뷰 Views3255 Votes5
    Read More
  19. [SNS] #생일이에용스타그램 #ItsMyBirthday

27번째 생일~~~^^ 축하해주셔서 감사합니다!!!ㅠㅠㅠ흑흑 땡큐!!! #생일이에용스타그램 #0622 A photo posted by JYH (@jyheffect0622) on Jun 21, 2015 at 8:21pm PDT Trans) It's my 27th birthday~~~^^ Thank you for the birthday wishes!!! TT TT TT Tha...
    Date2015.06.22 CategoryFrom용화 Views1485 Votes5
    Read More
  20. InStyle Korea IG - 디올정신 행사 사진 Dior Spirit 2015.06.18

[Instyle in Dior] 등장만으로도 눈이 부신 #정용화 #JungYongHwa #CNBLUE #디올정신 #DiorSeoul #Instylekorea #EditorPHM A photo posted by InStyle Korea (@instylekorea) on Jun 18, 2015 at 6:31pm PDT Trans: #JungYonghwa dazzles just by walking in...
    Date2015.06.19 Category사진 Views2489 Votes5
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 223 Next
/ 223