본문 바로가기
 밴드 씨엔블루 겸 배우 정용화가 ‘더 패키지’에서 엉뚱하면서도 귀여운 산마루 캐릭터를 제대로 소화하고 있다. 시청자들은 정용화의 새로운 모습에 ‘신선하다’는 반응이다.

그동안 정용화는 로맨틱한 남자 캐릭터를 주로 맡아 연기했는데 JTBC 금토드라마 ‘더 패키지’(극본 천성일, 연출 전창근 김진원)에서는 다른 색깔의 연기를 펼치고 있다. 정용화가 맡은 캐릭터는 혼자 프랑스 패키지여행을 간 산마루로, 상당히 엉뚱하고 정직한 면을 가지고 있는 인물이다.

‘더 패키지’의 함영훈 CP는 OSEN에 “산마루가 엉뚱하면서도 정직하고 맑고 순수한 인물인데 그런 면을 표현할 사람을 찾았다. 배우가 산마루 캐릭터를 연기하는 것이 아니라 시청자들이 배우를 캐릭터 그 자체로 인식할 수 있는 사람을 원했다. 방송에서 정용화를 보고 산마루 캐릭터와 맞을 것 같았다”고 했다.

이어 “뮤지션으로서 자신의 정서를 음악적으로 표현하는 측면이 산마루라는 인물의 맑고 순수하고 엉뚱한 면과 일맥상통하는 부분이 있다고 생각했다”며 “자연인 정용화와 산마루가 잘 맞지 않을까라고 생각한 것”이라고 밝혔다.

정용화는 극 중 산마루의 매력을 완벽하게 표현하며 호평 받고 있다. 산마루는 파리 공항에서 성추행범으로 오해를 받고 격리돼 있는 심각한 상황에서 셀카를 찍고 파리의 성인용품점에 들어가서 해맑은 얼굴로 좋아하고 박물관에 전시된 정조대를 호기심에 착용했다가 경찰까지 출동하는 굴욕을 당하는 등 산마루는 패키지여행의 ‘문제적 인물’이기도 하지만 시청자들에게 웃음을 선사하는 캐릭터이기도 하다.

앞서 ‘더 패키지’ 방송 전 정용화는 산마루 캐릭터 연기에 대한 자신감을 내비쳤는데 이유가 있었다. 능청스러운 산마루 캐릭터가 정용화에게 ‘딱’이었다. 드디어 맞춤옷을 입은 듯했다.

함영훈 CP는 “정용화와 얘기를 해보니 가식적이지 않고 유머러스하고 유쾌한 사람이더라. 정용화가 가지고 있는 것과 산마루에게 원하는 것이 맞는 부분이 있다고 생각했다”라며 “산마루 캐릭터에 대한 반응을 보면 내가 생각했던 것과 같이 봐주는 것 같아서 다행이다. 파리에서 촬영하면서 정용화가 연기하는 걸 봐도 엉뚱하면서 맑고 순수한 청년 산마루와 잘 맞더라”라고 했다.

그러면서 “코믹한 신에서 코믹한 대로, 감정을 표현할 때는 감정을 표현해주고 정용화도 굉장히 재미있어 하면서 연기했다”고 전했다.

무엇보다 정용화는 그동안 연기했던 캐릭터들과 산마루의 색깔이 다르기 때문에 고민했다고. 함영훈 CP는 “정용화가 한 번도 안 해본 역할이라 고민을 많이 했다. 그런데 조금씩 ‘산마루화’ 되가는 걸 보면서 정용화를 캐스팅해서 다행이라고 생각했고 만족스러웠다. 시청자들이 정용화가 산마루 연기를 잘한다고 해줘서 감사하다”고 고마운 마음을 표현하며 “현장에서 스태프들이 정용화가 귀엽다는 얘기를 했다. ‘더 패키지’가 방송되면서 정용화가 ‘멋있다’보다는 ‘사랑스럽고 귀엽다’라는 말을 들었으면 좋겠다라고 생각했는데 그런 반응이 있어서 감사하다”고 전했다.

‘더 패키지’는 총 12부작으로 이번 주 반환점을 돈다. 함영훈 CP는 마지막으로 “‘더 패키지’는 사람 사는 얘기를 프랑스를 배경으로 한 드라마다. 드라마는 결국 사람 얘기하는 건데 앞으로 남은 4주 동안 방송을 보며 시청자들이 내가 살고 있는 삶, 관계에 대해 생각해 볼 수 있는 드라마가 됐으면 좋겠다”고 덧붙였다.

‘인생 캐릭터’를 만났다는 반응이 있을 만큼 산마루 캐릭터를 맛깔나게 표현하고 있는 정용화. 앞으로 또 어떤 모습으로 시청자들에게 재미와 웃음을 선사할지 기대된다.

한편 ‘더 패키지’는 매주 금, 토 오후 11시 방송된다. /kangsj@osen.co.kr

Trans)
Jung Yonghwa, (member of the) band CNBLUE-cum-actor, is perfectly executing the quirky yet cute character San Maroo in 'The Package.' The viewers say they find this new side of Jung "refreshing."

Thus far, Jung had mostly acted out romantic male characters, but he is unveiling a different shade of acting in JTBC's Fri-Sat drama 'The Package.' The character Jung plays is San Maroo, who went on a package trip to France by himself. He has a very quirky yet honest personality.

CP (Chief Producer) Ham Younghun of 'The Package' told OSEN, "San Maroo is someone who's quirky but also honest, innocent, and pure. We were looking for someone to express these characteristics. Instead of an actor acting out San Maroo's character, we wanted someone that the viewers could readily recognize the actor as that character. Seeing Jung Yonghwa on TV, I thought he would suit San Maroo well."

He went on, "The way he expresses his sentiments musically as a musician had a similar vibe with San Maroo's innocent and eccentric character. I thought Jung Yonghwa, as he is, would be a good fit with San Maroo."

Jung Yonghwa is being praised for his perfect portrayal of San Maroo's charms. Though San Maroo is the "problematic figure" of the package tour who takes selfies while held seriously at the airport for being mistaken as a sexual offender, who smiles widely at an adult shop, and wears a chastity belt at a museum out of curiosity and gets humiliated by the dispatched police, he's also a character who brings laughter to the viewers.

Before 'The Package' was aired, Jung had shown his confidence for a reason. The hilarious San Maroo character was a perfect fit for Jung. It was as if he's finally put on clothes tailor-made for him.

Ham CP said, "When I talked with Jung, I found him to be someone who isn't pretentious, and is humorous and jolly. Jung had qualities that what we wanted from San Maroo. Seeing the reactions to Jung, I'm glad that the viewers see the same thing as I did. Watching Jung act in Paris, I again confirmed (my speculation) that he's a good fit with San Maroo, the innocent eccentric."

He also remarked, "He was funny in the comincal scenes, and fully expressed emotions in the emotional scenes. Jung Yonghwa had so much fun acting, too."

More than anything, Jung worried because San Maroo was a different character from what he was used to acting. Ham CP said, "Jung Yonghwa had much to think about because he had never tried a role like this. But seeing how he gradually turned into San Maroo, I was glad and satisfied that we cast Jung. I'm thankful that the viewers say Jung Yonghwa is good at portraying San Maroo. On set, the staff said Jung Yonghwa is cute. When 'The Package' is aired, I wished people would say 'Jung Yonghwa is lovely and cute' rather than 'Jung Yonghwa is handsome,' and I'm grateful that these are the responses we're getting."

With the total of 12 episodes, 'The Package' passes the halfway point after this week. Lastly, Ham added, "The Package is a drama on people's life stories with the backdrop of France. Iin the end, dramas are about people. In the remaining 4 weeks, I wish the viewers could ponder about their own lives and the relationships they have."

Jung Yonghwa's on-point portrayal of San Maroo is being praised as his all-time best character. We look forward to how he'll continue bringing laughter to the viewers.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003647802
  • anonymous 2017.10.27 12:24
    Thanks for translating~ Indeed yh is maroo and he’s nailing it well.
  • anonymous 2017.10.27 12:30
    I just like how the CP explain the impressions he had on YH.
  • anonymous 2017.10.27 13:50
    Finally!!He is so perfect as San Maroo!!The Package is worth the wait and something we can re-watch all over again and again while he is in the army.:(
  • anonymous 2017.10.28 13:29

Yes!!!!

• anonymous 2017.10.27 14:55
    He is absolutely cute & loveable. But u can never separate handsomeness from this guy just my opinion.
  • anonymous 2017.10.28 13:22
    I agree ... I think the CP hopes his handsomeness does not distract us ... kkk.
  • anonymous 2017.10.27 21:26
    이런 인터뷰를 볼 수 있다니 정말로...너무 행복해요! 함CP님 계신 쪽으로 큰절~^^
  • anonymous 2017.10.28 07:36
    He is nailing it and I am so happy viewers, many of whom in the past didn't think much of his acting is also giving him praises and liking San Maru. I am so proud of him.
  • anonymous 2017.10.28 13:28
    I am glad YH finally got a very scripted drama & well developed character of SanMaroo in The Package. He is a fine actor and he absolutely nail it in this drama.

1. 등록된 글이 없습니다.
Board Pagination Prev 1 Next
/ 1