Skip to content
Views 32478 Votes 16 Comment 27
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

"The Three Musketeers" is a familiar story. There even was a TV anime back in the days. D'Artagnan was a beagle, Athos was a (German) shepherd, Porthos a bulldog,  and Aramis was a cocker spaniel. 
YH Unlike the calm, mature roles that I've acted so far, d'Artagnan as Park Dalhyang is a simple and easy guy, the youngest of the group who's full of spirit. He does action, puts on period drama costumes, and ride horses. He'll have a variety of interesting scenes.

Did you find something in common between yourself (and the character)?
YH Dalhyang is a character from Goseong, Gangwon Province who enters Hanyang (Seoul) by taking the military exam. He's overconfident to the level where he's stubborn and almost seems immature. It's similar to when I first arrived in Seoul. Though rising from the countryside, I have strong self-confidence. The spirit that goes, "There's nothing for me to lose here!"

Seems like everyone likes their characters. Is there another reason you selected "TTM"?
YH I had received many scripts during my tour schedule. The first one my hands picked among them was "TTM". Perhaps the film "TTM" I watched when I was little had a strong impression on me. The way it deals with friendship among men was fresh, and the script itself was so interesting that it read very easily.

You can't help taking notice that the writer and the PD's duo created "Nine" last time. Which part is an upgrade from "Nine"?
YH Although I couldn't watch it real time, I saw it whenever I had some free time and finished it in 3 days. I believe writer Song Jaejung's well-knit structure and Kim Byungsu PD's unique filming style will be even more enhanced in "TTM".

The staff teamwork is already great, it's just the four of you who need to get along, then.
YH Dalhyang has many solo scenes and also scenes with Crown Prince Sohyeon. Hyung (LJW) is a very nice person so there was no difficulty becoming close friends. Because I'm the youngest, without me doing anything in particular the hyungs take such good care of me. It's nice.

Considering this is "TTM", I'd expect many action performances. Isn't' horse riding the first step?
JW We all began practicing horse riding and swordplay in early June. I think everyone falls at least once from horses. Do you know that it's nearly 3M when you're sitting on a horse? The moment you let go of your focus, you may fall from the horse. Safety always comes first.
YH That's why I'm limping one leg at the moment.

Truly great actors show their characters through action sequences, too. For example, the style of your swordsmanship. 
YH Dalhyang's swordplay style reflects that he learned on his own in a rural mountain. Compared to someone properly trained, he's not as clean, but he's good at using the surrounding terrain and features. To use a metaphor of dancing, it's like free dancing. It's not a learned technique, but full of confidence. But this free dancing seems quite good. When I'm filming though, as swords fly in, I just couldn't act like I'm handsome. There's no leisure for me to look good. I think some faces that haven't been caught on screen before will be airing this time. Though I'm worried about the caps, I'm trying to relax and enjoy.

Who's the best at action sequences?
Haein I think DH has the most action scenes. Yonghwa-ssi has such a good sense of coordination, he improved very fast.
YH I really love sports. Ever since my school days, I've never missed my position as a Physical Education leader. Though my grades didn't suffice me to become a class representative, I enjoyed my power in the center during Physical Ed class time and Sports Day. I work hard and am good at the things I like. When I was little, I liked singing, dancing, and moving my body. When I went to an all boys' middle school, I was really tanned for all three years. 

"TTM" is planned as a season-system drama.  Season 1 airs until late October, and seasons 2 and 3 will come next. How will the story unfold?
YH Because it would affect my acting if I know what happens in the future, the writer didn't tell me what happens in seasons 2 and 3. I guess if I know the future, I'd take that into considerate and calculate things when I act. I want to act faithfully to the scene. I'm anticipating how Dalhyang and other characters evolve over the seasons.

"TTM" will be an epic journey that goes over to next year. Since you're doing other activities as well, it must be important to keep your concentration high during the filming.
YH I just keep reading the script during my daily life. This way, it's easy to be deeply immersed into the characters I'm portraying. Even the way I speak changes to the way my character speaks. It'd be easier if I had a switch for focusing, but my method is just living with the script by my side. Originally, a CNBLUE album was to be released this year but it got postponed as I came to appear in "TTM". We had begun preparations for an album, but I thought I need to really focus fully on "TTM". The members ended up waiting for me. That's why I need to do even better in "TTM". I'm confident though. Maybe because I'm working too hard, I lost weight. I always maintained 67~68kg and that's the weight it looks nice on the screen, but now I'm 65kg. Since I'm the main character of "TTM", I should eat well, be careful during action scenes, and take good care of my body. I tend to think, it'll be alright, it'll become good memories.

• Affeg 2014.07.20 02:50

thank you

• Pearl 2014.07.20 02:57
    Thank you for the trans. I love this interview because it is so different from the rest in the past probably because he is also experiencing new things now. Can't wait to see him in action and catch those moments where he is worried with.
  • Icyo 2014.07.20 03:50
    Can't agree more with u :) the interview is refreshing..
    perfectly portray uri confidence Yonghwa (as always)^^

Thanks so much for the trans btw
  • BLUEwind☆ 2014.07.20 03:10
    단비같은 인터뷰 잘 읽었습니다:)
  • Bluejoyjyh 2014.07.20 03:43
    So.... Dalhyang's swordplay = Yonghwa's free dance ?
    I can't wait to see !!!!

Thanks for the translation!
  • sakuratint 2014.07.20 04:03
    "That's why I'm limping one leg at the moment." Does this mean that he has injured his legs? ㅠㅠ I hope yonghwa is taking good care of his health and is eating regularly to gain back his weight.

Thanks for the trans! ^^ Can't wait to see him as Dalhyang in august!
  • bluish2012 2014.07.20 04:08
    thank you, I love reading more about him and I wish we can see the BTS him and his hyoengs ^^
  • Amm 2014.07.20 04:24
    Thank you for translating and sharing this interview....looking forward to the TTM
  • steelyhazel 2014.07.20 04:37
    Thank you for the translations. That was fast! I always thought that the whole "I can't dance" thing is ridiculous. The way he moves on stage when he is not in his Dancing King persona is very fluid and graceful. He just prefers to be a clown while dancing for our entertainment. I'm really looking forward to all the free-style-dance action scenes!
  • Are17 2014.07.20 04:56
    Interesting and thanks for the translation ... I hope you take good care of it, as fans we care about their health, but I am very happy that despite being with a lot of work with the follow this enthusiasm and always the best of the.
    and want to see it in action.
  • favoriteblue28 2014.07.20 05:35
    with all the action and swords flying in, YongHwa si,, we wouldn't mind if your face was squizz al-together. your safety is priority . Take care and hope your leg feel better by now.
  • neo 2014.07.20 07:55
     Dalhyang is a character from Goseong, Gangwon Province who enters Hanyang (Seoul) by taking the military exam. He's overconfident to the level where he's stubborn and almost seems immature. It's similar to when I first arrived in Seoul. Though rising from the countryside, I have strong self-confidence. The spirit that goes, "There's nothing for me to lose here!" I love this part of the interview when he described abt the similarities he had wif his character. I juz love his confidence in everything.
  • klaritia 2014.07.20 08:59
    Yonghwa's drama performances have been more than alright. He's just getting better at acting, like he's getting better doing everything. I'm delighted to know he loves the character and he sounds ecstatic talking about the drama.
  • FannyLuk 2014.07.20 10:22
    Increasing acting experience makes Yonghwa singing more emotionally. He becomes the most perfect performer in this world, Awaiting for TTM on air this coming August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • YAT 2014.07.20 11:10

Thanks for the translation. Really love YH's interview. So thankful he takes up this drama role. YH has a natural elegance & aura about him, look forward to Dalhyang's persona & swordplay. I hope there will be a regular feed of promotional pics to see me through "the long wait" till the drama starts ... kkk. Also, hope he gets to sing an OST too.

• strawberriesblues 2014.07.20 11:12
    Thank you so so much for the trans. As usual our star is putting his all into this project. Glad to know that his interest is finally put as priority (pushing back album release). Already knew this will be good. Can August come like NOW please!
  • Cherie 2014.07.20 11:44
    He means CNBLUE's next album(not Can't Stop) right? How abt YH's solo album? Postpone too? T_T btw, I really enjoy this interview^^ seem YH really loves Dalhyang role. So exciting!
  • ta_yooong 2014.07.20 12:49
    LOL.."When I'm filming though, as swords fly in, I just couldn't act like I'm handsome. There's no leisure for me to look good. I think some faces that haven't been caught on screen before will be airing this time. Yonghwashii don't you know that you are most lovable to us when you present your most un-idol, no face control image, gummy smile, scrunch up singing face? No worries,just take your advise, relax and enjoy it! We love it already coz you are in it!
  • gardenofdarkness 2014.07.20 12:56
    thanks for this trans!! i really enjoyed reading :) it's soooo interesting and i like the way he answered the Q's... but I kinda got sad when I read that they were going to release a CNBLUE album but it got postponed :(
  • junjirhenz 2014.07.20 13:41
    I'm curious what other dramas were offered to him but i'm glad he choose TTM. I'm positive that Yonghwa's improved acting will be recognize here more. I'm thankful to the casting crew for choosing Yonghwa to portray this important role. They will not regret it because knowing Yonghwa, he always does his best in everything.
  • Lullaby 2014.07.20 14:24
    I'm relieved that he's taking it one at a time and focus at the task at hand. Rather than forcing to push another album when filming and Can't Stop tours have already pressured him enough. I don't mind waiting for another fully-prepared satisfying album. I don't want to imagine if he had to prepare another album right now in the middle of his insane schedule.
  • gardenofdarkness 2014.07.20 14:45
    I'm sad reading his own words about his injured leg U_U
  • lotus 2014.07.20 15:11
    드라마에 대한 인터뷰가 한국잡지에서 보게 되다니 감개 무량입니다.시즌1 끝내면서도 인터뷰 원해요~~~!!
  • calatheas 2014.07.20 17:55
    I love how he shows his confidence and I'm happy that he took the chance to act again. I hope it will be a success, no I know it will XD
    That the album release is postponed is a bit sad, for the members too, but it's the right decision...so he can concentrate on one thing and putt his energy in it. They still will have concerts etc in between, so it's already stressfull...so better release the album later where all of them can put their power into. Support him all the way!!! But hope he stays healthy and has lots of fun^^
  • soon0322 2014.07.20 19:02
    앞에 두 전작들 생각하면 진짜...이렇게 많은 잡지 떡밥들이라니...그리고 팬들이 뭘 걱정하는지 알고 밥도 잘먹고 다치지 않게 조심하겠다고 까지 해주는...울 팬들 맘을 너무 잘 알아...
  • littlelynn 2014.07.20 19:27
    This was a really good read. Thank you!
  • mystarYH 2014.07.20 20:05
    감사합니다
    모르던 사실도 알게되고 드라마전 궁금한 내용도 알게되는 인터뷰네요.
    역시나 액션신은 용화가 가장 많군요. 또 그만큼 잘하기도 한다니 기대되네요.
    다치지 않고 건강하게 시즌3까지 마무리할 수 있기를!!!!

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Date Views Votes
1367 News 【한】[결전식신 CUAS] 2016.06.11 HK Ming Pao Weekly (Scans + BTS Translations) 명보주간 스캔+뒷이야기 번역 6 2016.06.13 102321 11
1366 Interview 【E】 Hanako No.969 (2010년 4/22호) 첫걸음마부터 가르쳐 준 근석형에게 감사 3 file 2012.09.27 36032 1
1365 Interview 【E】韓国TVドラマ VOL 36(한국TV 드라마 VOL 36) 정용화 인터뷰 file 2012.09.27 34154 0
1364 Interview 한국TV드라마 vol.50 file 2012.10.06 33232 1
1363 News 정용화·박신혜, 표민수 PD신작 '페스티벌' 캐스팅-'미남이시네요' 이어 두번째 만남, MBC 6월 방송 file 2012.10.03 32497 0
» Interview Vogue Korea 2014.08 The Three Musketeers (Yonghwa related) 27 2014.07.20 32478 16
1361 News MBC '넌 내게 반했어' 1회 축소..15부로 종영 2012.10.03 31277 0
1360 Interview 한국 TV 드라마 vol.46 - 정용화 인터뷰 file 2012.10.03 31090 0
1359 News ‘넌내반’ 상큼매력 정용화 박신혜 등 미공개 MT 스틸컷 공개 file 2012.10.03 27314 0
1358 Photos [넌내반 HS] Drama Photobook Offshot Collection ~Lee Shin~ 10 file 2012.12.01 20723 6
1357 Etc 【E】여성조선 2013.03 Tell Me ~Ing 드라마작가 김현희의 꽃중년보다 아이돌 Drama writer Kim Hyun Hee's "Idol over Middle-aged Flower Men" 42 2013.03.18 17658 19
1356 Photos [넌내반 HS] Photo Essay Book ~10 Lee Shin Pics~ 1 file 2012.11.19 14987 4
1355 Interview 2010.01.01 tvN 스쿠프 정용화 tvN Scoop Jung Yong Hwa 1 2012.10.10 14798 0
1354 Interview 【E】 [HIGH CUT vol.16] SUPER STAR SPECIAL 《미남이시네요》 스무살 우리 생애 최고의 드라마 6 file 2012.09.24 14612 0
1353 Interview [e] 2009.11.18 ETN The Interview #25 - Jung Yong Hwa 8 2012.10.09 13897 4
1352 Photos [넌내반 HS] Official Fan Meeting Photobook - Rehearsal; just a few pics ^^;;; 21 file 2013.01.05 13853 18
1351 Video [미남] 정용화 DVD 코멘터리 You're Beautiful DVD Commentary - Jung Yong Hwa 22 2012.10.06 13792 15
1350 BTS [넌내반 HS] Special BTS Stills from Drama Staff Cafe 2 file 2012.12.01 13473 3
1349 Video [넌내반 HS] NG-꼬꼬댁~ Cock-a-doodle-doo 3 2013.06.29 13438 0
1348 Photos [넌내반 HS] Desktop Calendar Lee Shin Photos 10 file 2012.10.30 13432 8
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 69 Next
/ 69